It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ruins In South America?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I was wondering if there are any ancient temples that are unpillaged/undiscovered. I remember someone saying that there will be a HUGE pyramid discovered in South America because it would align the egyptian pyramids with some crazy star thing... Well back on the subject how thouroughly explored are the jungles of South America?

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Let you know if there are any undiscovered pyramids in South America? Umm...

Anyway...

I too have heard that quite a few of the mountians are actually pyramids, but that's about it...

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
yea how explored are those jungles? you would think that in this day and age pretty much everything would be covered, but the other week that one explorer found an ancient city. im really curious as to how much stuff could be out there undiscovered

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Yes.. to this day those jungles are very much untouched.
It would be interesting to find out what is hidden deep in the jungles.

hmmm

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
If I remember correctly, they have just recently uncovered the largest ancient city ever found, and are still in the process of removing the growth... My brother just came back from the ruins at Cazamel (sp?), and was talking about it...haven't bothered to check up on it yet.

Man, I've got to take a cruise sometime...

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Less than 20% of the ruins in South America have been uncovered. Palenque is a City roughly 100 square miles, about 1 square mile has been uncovered, in this sity alone. South America has much to offer for the few hundred years.

A new type of radar has been developed by the Military, to see through vegetation and loose rock. In Mexico they pointed this Radar at a hill range and every single one of the hills was covering a Pyramid, or Temple, or Observatory.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Discoveries are slow to emerge from S. America mostly due to the amount of looting that occurs. There are sites where armed soldiers guard and have engaged in fire fights to protect these ancient sites. But sites are still being found, and fabulous, untouched sites at that.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I would think that a lot of ancient ruins are undiscovered.
wel, we'll have to wait to find out .

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I thought that pyramids were already discovered in south america. I think they are in the Mountains in Chile.I saw a program about it on the discovery Channel and they said that its base is bigger than the one in Egypt and that because of its location it could of been the most dificult to build.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The thing to remember is that there are a lot of places on this planet that have not been explored. I know it sounds strange, but there are parts of the United States where man has not gone. who knows what will be discovered there. I think it's a safe bet that there are still places were a lost city could be found.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I think the person earlier is referring to Kuelap in northern Peru. It is estimated to contain 3 times the stone material of the Great Pyramid of Cheops. It is, however, not a pyramid, but rather a defensive fortress.

Interestingly, in line with American Atlantis theories, the stonework in the 10,000 or so buildings built by the Cloud People is red, black, and yellow. The Chachapoyas Cloud People were twice as old as Incas.

Zip

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
You may enjoy some reading material about these mysterious people:

The greatest mystery of the Chachapoyan Cloud People was, �who were they�? How would they know to start construction of mountain top citadels and fortresses 250 years before the Wari advanced to conquer them? Was it a coincident that Kuelap was completed at just the right time to stop them? John Hemming wrote in �Conquest of the Incas� that Kuelap was the strongest fortification in the Americas, and if the Inca could have made a stand there, - the Spanish horses and artillery would be useless and history might have been different today. Keith Muscutt wrote in his book that this zone was so heavily populated in the past, -- it would be unlikely today to go to any likely peak in the cloud forest, and NOT FIND a lost stone citadel. Being made of stone, these ruins can be found today. I have been approached 10 times in the last couple of years by pioneers wanting me to see an �undiscovered ruins� they have found on their land.

Inca chronicles and legends persist that the Cloud People were tall fair (skin and hair) warriors. This is reinforced by an unusually large proportion of blond, fair natives in this zone who know of no European ancestry. However Julio C. Tello and anthropologists speculate the Chachapoyans may have been a jungle culture that migrated there through the Magdalena Valley of Columbia, and preferred the mountaintops. Whatever case, the Cloud People don�t fit the pattern of other Andeans. They lived behind walls in well crafted stone round houses with a pointed thatch �tepee� roof. One would suspect they farmed better land below the cloud forest, which wasn�t leached out and eroded, but lived on the peaks.

www.kuelapperu.com...

Zip

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Thank you so much Zip. This has been one of my pet projects. I got to say there is not alot of info on these people. Another race is the red paint people. I would love to find more info on them as well.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Gazrok: if your brother was at Cozumel I can say it's worth your time to take a vacation there sometime; it's a beautiful island. There are various temples and whatnot on the island, but when I was there (about last april) I wasn't aware of any major finds on the island, so it could have been someplace different.

Zipdot: thanks, also; I'd never heard of the Chachapoyans before, and I've actually read some Peruvian history.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
When their done clear cutting and burning the rain forest down we will know about all the hidden temples.

Rain forest are being destroyed at 50,000 square miles a year, greater then size of England. They wont stay hidden for long

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I watched a Discovery Channel special about world pyramids. It's that documentary trying to answer why the pyramids all around the world are the same. The host said that they're not and that these pyramids are used for different purposes. The host also said that the pyramid is the basic structure to be as high as possible without the use of modern day steel so they removed the notion that one civilization influenced all the pyramid builders.

Back to the topic:

The biggest they say is in South America. The mountain there is said to be the pyramid that is covered in soil and plants so it's not surprising people overlook that particular pyramid. The host climbed this supposed "pyramid" and yes I believe that it's the biggest if ever they prove that it really is by removing all those foliage and soil covering it.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 02:56 AM
link   
if you go to south america be careful and dont go too deep into a forest.

africa is a whole different story. youd easily be kidnapped by some crazy outback apeman and have your body sacrificed to a rat. be careful theyre coming across many beheadings and animal mutilations there.

new topics

top topics

join