It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

internet and land line phone black out?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
ok im out in wellington ks and keep having my internet and phone lines stop working.

why?

it happened at my dads house in wichita also not at the same time but it has happened. i really dont know how else to explain it but it just keeps cutting out. my computer will say i have a great connection but when i pull up a web site it says something about a dns server.

any one else having this problem or have a explanation for it? could it be linked to the server shut down tomorrow or when ever they are supost to do that?

just a screen shot of what its doing

thanks

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I can't take this seriously LOL

you have to be on the internet to even SEE ATS.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

duh, it just came back on. prior to the post it was out for an hour or more.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by NISMOALTI

im in the uk and yesterday any site i went on took ages to load,like dial up speed ,and it was the same with a few other people that dont even live in the same area i thought it strange non the less

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I live in Kansas city, and yesterday my internet was giving my crap. Had to keep restarting my modem and router.

I would just call your ISP and see if outages have been reported. We are suppose to get storms later today, maybe you are already getting them?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
I can't take this seriously LOL

you have to be on the internet to even SEE ATS.

Oh my goodness...too funny!

Yeppers...the solution to the problem of seriousness (and the internet black out)!

Call you service provider (when the phone is working) and check for similar reports OP...might be having some interruptions already from our little solar flare incident!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
yeah the phone/internet company was out here the other day checking it out and they really didnt say much. well other than the hospital was having some issues with there phones and internet.

as far as storms nothing yet just a lot of wind.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Today at 16:24 UTC+1 we had a power outage here in my region in germany. I called a friend on his mobile, who works in the EnBW command central and asked what the cause was. He said he does not know yet, the automatic surge protectors at the outdoor switchgear opened for some unknown reasons (there was no surge measured at that time). Power was back as he hung up.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I know it's only March 7th, but perhaps it has something to do with this: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

i do remember seeing about the flare but would that just effect the power grid or would it effect every thing?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
I know it's only March 7th, but perhaps it has something to do with this: www.abovetopsecret.com...

see thats what i was thinking but was un sure if its related in any way

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by NISMOALTI
reply to post by jerryznv

i do remember seeing about the flare but would that just effect the power grid or would it effect every thing?

You know...I'm really not sure!

I have probably read every single word written about them on ATS...and I still could not say for sure that what the effects are...only what they might be!

I think the thread that was linked above me (by Fission) is probably more plausible than anything!
edit on 7-3-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

top topics

join