It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Castro is dead?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Im hearing from facebook friends in cali and miami that Castro has been shot and is dead. Cant find any info in the news yet. Can anyone confirm?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Its really blowing up on facebook. Is this for real? Anyone in Florida or outside the USA that can confirm?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Absolutely nothing on Google about this. Perhaps it is one of those Facebook "___is Dead" hoaxes that goes around ever so often.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Castro seems to be a popular target for these kind of rumors unfortunately. This is more than likely untrue so I don't think anyone should get too ahead of themselves here until more info comes about.

I'll look around myself and see what can be found too...
edit on 7-3-2012 by Rising Against because: Typo.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by coop039
Im hearing from facebook friends in cali and miami that Castro has been shot and is dead. Cant find any info in the news yet. Can anyone confirm?

...how could anyone tell?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I thought Castro was already dead, Like last year or something.

Didn't he have that operation or prostate cancer?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Strange.

Why shoot an infirmed old man? If it's true, and I'm not saying it is (I doubt it) - maybe it's a ruse. His death is imminent anyway so maybe this is a way to gin up sympathy and nationalistic support for a regime on it's last legs.

We'll see. I'd go with the Facebook rumor thing.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I found a couple of sources which said that Angela Castro died relatively recently. Perhaps that's a source of the rumor that Fidel has also died? - In the sense that there was a misunderstanding I mean.

Just something I'm throwing out there as a potential possibility is all, nothing more..

Edit to add: here they are: Sister of Cuban leaders Raul and Fidel Castro dies

BBC NEWS: Cuba leaders Raul and Fidel Castro's sister Angela dies

And there's a few others which can be found here.
edit on 7-3-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I assumed a FB hoax as well. It apparently JUST happened. My source apparently has relatives in Miami and Cuba.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Maybe someone read this thread this morning... 2012 World Predictions & Celebrity Predictions From Psychic Medium Joseph Tittel

11: Chaos and upheaval comes out of Cuba. So much trouble in 2012 for Cuba. A possible death or assassination of their leader. Cuba possibly begins a new war, possible a new war against drugs also.

and started the rumor... or the guy could be right. Was weird that I read that thread this morning myself and this one item caught my attention. I normally don't pay much attention to Cuba, but that one stuck in my mind.

Be well

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
HOAX

False reports of Fidel Castro's death spread on Twitter

digitallife.today.msnbc.msn.com...
edit on 7-3-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Internet rumor.I remember my office abuzz that Whitley Houston had died.In 2002!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Wishful thinking on the part of Cuban expats?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I turned to Topsy.com to see what the social web had on it and this is one of the things I found.

@ollirehn1
From the Government of Cuba to EU Commission: Fidel Castro dies today at 2h (local time).

I don't know if that is a really real account, but you can find it here.

OiO

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Heh, another facebook rumor of death, eh? Maybe he's about to die. I know that whenever someone is on their way out, the news gets a bit sensational and ahead of itself. I remember whenever coach Joe Paterno was dying, the news counted him dead about twelve hours or so before he actually died. All of the sports channels and news were spouting out about how he had died and he was still alive. Granted there were slim chances for his survival, but meh. Don't count a man out until he's out, give him that at least. :/

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
the news Im hearing says he was shot. Surely there should be something hitting the news about this?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

the news Im hearing says he was shot. Surely there should be something hitting the news about this?

If it were the truth I have a feeling the news would be out by now. How long ago did you hear about this? Did you post about it right after you heard? Regardless, I think it's false information or a spreading wildfire rumor.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I can't seem to find anything about him dying recently, only his sister Angela.

The fact that there isn't any news about him is perhaps a fairly good indication of the validity of the story.

Personally I think there was a misunderstanding somewhere along the line due to the death of Angela Castro but that's just me. The link OneisOne posted though is still pretty interesting admittedly.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Myomistress

I posted right after I heard about it. But I would think SOMETHING would be in the news by now. Looks like a hoax.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Fidel Castro and Margaret Thatcher die once every two weeks.

<<   2 >>

join