WARNING! IMPORTANT!: WE ARE NOT being told the full story about the Kony situation!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
reply to post by Onboard2

It's NOT to make criminals famous. It's to bring Kony's ugly mug to the public's attention!

UUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMM....?????? Is that not the SAME THING? Is the face of a famous person not known to the general public?

I guess!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
In the video they show a list of the top warlords that are wanted.
Where is this document? How come I cant find it?

Just because a 30 minute video showed me picture of a list does not mean that this list actually exists and is in that order.
In fact I know that there is another much worse criminal in uganda, he goes by the name "General Butt Naked". There was a movie about him as well but I guess since it was a much longer movie and didn't explain things to a child so that the general public would understand, It just didn't work as well.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Hey all,

Great thread i was wondering if you could post some of the hate you have been FB because you are trying to present a balanced counter argument to the latest viral item in the world. Could be interesting.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by molonlabe

Good point and VERY true. China is aggressively investing in Africa and other countries too. This looks like a way of getting "sympathy" for a military "intervention" there. Countries are scrambling for RESOURCES. And this would be the best way to do it. AIDS has already destroyed the infrastructure there, it's prime time for the grab.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
There is definitely something weird about this. I'm usually not the one to have a "bad feeling" or find something "fishy" unless it's pointed out to me and is convincing.
However - it seems like an Obama campaign to me. The whole "Problem, Reaction, Solution" thing comes to mind.

This doesn't mean to say that Kony isn't a bad person or doesn't exist etc. - The whole situation there is very real and horrific, and it needs to be stopped. But what better way for political gain, to involve a cause involving people's emotion?

And why has this suddenly spread like wildfire when the guy has supposedly been spreading the word for NINE years?

Some things aren't adding up about this, and I'm not the only one who thinks it, either.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
There must be some higher power involvement here and probably some other kind of agenda, but I only say that because when I went to bed yesterday there was nothing about this, I wake up today and it's absolutely everywhere. It's being forcefully shoved down our throats.
edit on 7-3-2012 by markymint because: more opinion

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by someoneyoumightkow
Hey all,

Great thread i was wondering if you could post some of the hate you have been FB because you are trying to present a balanced counter argument to the latest viral item in the world. Could be interesting.

Here's one rant from an unnamed person I got 2nd hand off FB, doesn't stop me from being suspicious, and yes I'll always be supportive of a good cause, just not blindly:

"I just have to say, i don't think "Invisible Children" is a terrible organization, and I am sure there are things they can do better. If you think nonprofit organizations spend all their money directly on their cause then you are simply ignorant. There are important campaign costs, salaries for amazing staff, project costs, and enormous expenses. vimeo.com... None of the "critiques" offered here [visiblechildren.tumblr.com...] should actually deter anyone who actually cares about stepping up and making a difference. You think this is easy? You think it is simple to organize a united global campaign against terrorist/guerilla human or army? You think the world is black & white? It's not. If you are going to undertake something like this, it is going to be SUPER COMPLEX. You are missing the point if you see an amazing attempt to make positive change, and you only look at the negative aspects of it. Don't be surprised when you hear that your heroes are just human. They f@#$ up. I'm sure every great role model has made plenty of mistakes but does that invalidate their work? No. THIS IS AN IMPORTANT POINT: There are negative sides to every issue. Before i posted this, i *knew* the post would be littered with people chiming in with some "dastardly" negative about the makers of the video, or trying to find some conspiracy. The fact is there are negatives with EVERYTHING. Every cool organization has some kind of negatives. No person or orgnization can put together a campaign this large, this global, this attractive, this expensive, and this good, without leaving behind a path of negatives and without making compromises. SO WHAT. If you are waiting for a Perfect Ideal, then you are going to wait forever. There are plenty of Bad People doing Bad Things. So when Good People try and do Good Things, do not # with their momentum by trying to find a negative. I'm not saying don't question things (Question Everything). But know when to be realistic. KONY 2012 is an amazing idea, a MASSIVE undertaking, and an uphill battle. Don't try and arrogantly show the world how smart you are by exposing something genuinely good as being invalid. It is not invalid. This movie shows an important cause (a complicated one) and attempts to address it directly. Just let that happen. If you find yourself with free time on your hands, don't litter my facebook with bad facts about good people. EVERY GOOD PERSON HAS BAD FACTS ABOUT THEM. That is life. There are positives and negatives. Every hero or icon or role model has also done bad things or said dumb things, because nobody is perfect. This isn't news. You arent being insightful by telling me that "invisible children" isn't a perfect organization, or that the concept of intervening in Africa is a complex one. THAT IS REALLY OBVIOUS
Stop trying to find the dark side in everything, because sometimes it is important to share the light. And in this case, you can't really argue the simple fact that The Cause is a just one (protecting innocent children) so please take your critiques elsewhere because i am personally not interested in reading them.

I feel sorry for the "feel good" hippie types, they have trouble working in the dark while still remaining light. Some of you may understand what I mean. Go work for a homeless shelter or donate time to terminal children, but don't sit and judge me behind your PC while you click buttons, jump on the newest good cause bandwagon just to feel good about yourself. Naivete is a hard pill to swallow, I had my daily dose this morning.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The poster was weird to me. It doesn't say war criminal or anything on it in large print. It's almost like they are glamorizing this guy.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Don't think America alone can fix this.

It requires an international trial and close inspection of all involved. But no one nation shall attempt alone, these people then the next people. These sins must be atoned for.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
And now I just found this posted on Juicemedias FB:

Link

Putting a scenario through a logic formula isn't a bad idea to find out where the motivation behind it might be.
edit on 7-3-2012 by Aliquandro because: adding link to horrendously large image, sorry

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I dont know much about Invisible Children, but WHY does the campain have to stop at 2012, for Koby. it does seem a little fishy, considering its election time, but I did like the message the video brought to light, all the conflicts in the world, could be structered around a similar video, Tobacco Co, killing millions, Alcohol Co killing millions, Governments Killing millions, ............ The world is so screwed up, just they way they power players like it. Hate feeding Hate

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by canuckster

many people in the world were born on april 20th .. why does that day have to be evil because of one guy? i think the people of good nature born on 4/20 out weigh the bad

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
LOOK and LISTEN - I just watched that Video and It's broken my heart in two. What the hell are you saying. Are you saying we just #ing sit back and do nothing. Because that's the trouble with this damn world.

How many Konys are there that we don't know about. No we don't end it with bombs but we use PEOPLE POWER - we are joined now by Modern Technology and still don't have the brains to use it to our advantage.

If it's being used as a Problem, Reaction, Solution - we stop those Bastards too but we don't sit back on our butts anymore for the Love Of God - Evil only happens because we allow it to - when will we learn.

My insides are turning and somersaulting so much I'm finding it difficult to type - WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SAYING?

What does David Icke say about this? I want to know?

DO I BELIEVE YOU OR DO I BELIEVE THE GUY WHO MADE THIS VIDEO?

Do you realise that you are play God - how dare you.

Forgive me if I have got you all wrong - I can't bring myself to read the posts on this thread I am so upset. Maybe next week.

JUST DELIVERING MY VOICE! Because I'm human.
edit on 7-3-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

The films definitely worked its magic on you.

Everyone isn't saying 'lets do nothing', we're saying that theres hidden agendas behind Invisible Children and that theres something fishy about this whole thing (this is ATS after all).

I'm of opinion that there is definitely good coming out of this with millions being educated about this sicko, BUT the whole IC thing doesn't smell right. Provoking an emotional response and getting your wallet out directly after its finished. and the fact that IC spent about 8million on themselves and none of them having gone back to Uganda since 2003 seems like they're all a bit out of touch with the situation.

Heres a good article to read about someones perspective who is active in Uganda.

ilto.wordpress.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Onboard2

Originally posted by truthseeker1984
reply to post by NightGypsy

I agree Gypsy. There's something more in the works. The sheep are really "baa-ing" today. Too many posts on facebook, twitter, etc. talking about it and trumping up support. Seems in these days people will take anything at face value. I smell something ominous. I'm posting the opposing view all over Facebook and every time I do, Facebook makes me do a captcha puzzle. Pisses me off. I'll be addressing this with my high school students tomorrow. Maybe I can teach them a lesson in critical thinking.

-TS

Really? And what are you going to say to them? Are you going to have them watch the video? Did you watch it? If anything, the video will show children that their voice can make a difference. There's always corruption when it comes to money, but that doesn't mean that every one of those young people out there fighting for the children of Africa are corrupt or the people that take action are corrupt!

Thank God he doesn't teach my kids. Another indoctrinated so called teacher who doesn't know what the word Teacher really means.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
In my opinion its quite easy to see where this is going, if america sorts this out they will have africas, backing at least in numbers what with foreign aid, and military presence. "Securing the peace" as it were, then maybe a co-alition with france, england, germany and the un and nato forces begining plans for military intervention in iran. Id stake quite a bet on there being some kind of actuall world war in possibly 5 years. Im not saying nuclear because quite frankly i think if any nation launched a nuke in this day and age they would just begin the end game scenario. Currently no country wants that, but i would not be suprised if apart from germany because they are pretty solid financially, even though lending billions to countrys which are currently unstable is not a safe move, its the same reason banks got into the situation there in lending money to people they knew could not pay back, insuring the deals so in the event the person forcloses then they actually in theory are owed more than what the original sum was. Along with other idiotic trading principles. However to stay on point i would not be suprised if there was a worldwide agreement at least in "western" countrys, to have a strictly "no nuke" war, like the old world wars, with china russia and majority of the east. All they would have to do is have the war dragged out over several years, across all fronts, and be in "constant" peace talks to attempt to stop any nuke being launched. Massive population decrease, while the drafts are in no jobless people, when the war ends theyll be more no issue with the jobless. Massive rebuilding projects worldwide in all constructing sectors, massive possible motivation for investors in the war before and after the war for many reasons.

The future certainly looks bleak, and it deffinatly is not #ing orange. lol.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

Same here. A group of girls I was close friends with started a major campaign in my high school back in 2007. Since I was friends with them, I joined in the effort. We printed off easily 100 "posters" (really just a black and white copy of IC's poster at the time) and put them up all over the school. We made t-shirts that had the heart in the middle of Africa and simple bracelets, selling them cheap enough that tons of people could buy them. We spent a whole school week wearing and selling those shirts and bracelets, and then on Friday night we had a screening of the film in the theater. Another friend of theirs had a projector, and being theater kids we were able to use the sound system without a problem. People donated supplies to make the products and food and drinks to sell before and after the movie. We raised over $1500 in one night. It was the perfect example of what people, especially kids, can do when they set their mind to something. It was so successful that we helped set up something similar at the other two high schools in the district.

Back then, when it was just the movie and a website, and survived off of teams like what I was apart of, I think it really was genuine. But now? I don't know what it has become. Its this flashy, highly marketed juggernaut that has suddenly taken over Facebook. Kony is bad, no doubt about that. But why now? I want the situation to be resolved. I want these kids to have a better life. I want Kony out of business. I truly do. But I can't support what this organization has become. The idea behind it? Absolutely. But not this.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup

Originally posted by Onboard2

Originally posted by truthseeker1984
reply to post by NightGypsy

I agree Gypsy. There's something more in the works. The sheep are really "baa-ing" today. Too many posts on facebook, twitter, etc. talking about it and trumping up support. Seems in these days people will take anything at face value. I smell something ominous. I'm posting the opposing view all over Facebook and every time I do, Facebook makes me do a captcha puzzle. Pisses me off. I'll be addressing this with my high school students tomorrow. Maybe I can teach them a lesson in critical thinking.

-TS

Really? And what are you going to say to them? Are you going to have them watch the video? Did you watch it? If anything, the video will show children that their voice can make a difference. There's always corruption when it comes to money, but that doesn't mean that every one of those young people out there fighting for the children of Africa are corrupt or the people that take action are corrupt!

Thank God he doesn't teach my kids. Another indoctrinated so called teacher who doesn't know what the word Teacher really means.

That is a little harsh.. We all watched the video and we feel the same way that you do. Kony is a terrible man and he needs to be brought down. Along with all the other Kony clones in Africa. But really? I think the greatest thing you could teach somebody is to learn how to think for themselves/ do their own research. There is nothing wrong with the way he teaches. Too bad he's not teaching adults to think for themselves as well.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Sounds to me like you're doing a grand job at knocking Charities while you're looking for your hidden agenda.

Yes there will be a hidden agenda there always is some fat arsed Politian ready to jump on the Band Wagon.

Charities do vary some are genuine some are not but at the end of the day they pick up the tab where the governments of the world have left off. They'd rather spend our taxes of bailing out the banks and helping the Billionaires ooze in luxury than help their own kids and starving people let alone help those of other countries.

Even those Charities that are supplying jobs, are doing more than your's or any ones else's Government are doing - at least they're giving a job to someone and if only a third of it gets through to those who need it - it's more than the fat cats are doing - I don't see them helping the Jobs market.

I am old enough to remember the beginning of the welfare state - which was meant to be 'Care from the Cradle to the Grave' when Governments were responsible via taxation for the basic needs of life for those who couldn't fend for themselves - and yes I know the world has changed - it smacks you in the face every day when you wake up. But Charities then were for the little extras - the little luxuries like an extra pair of shoes and over the years they've been picking up the tab for the basic needs of society while governments have abused the taxes by giving them to the rich instead of the poor. So if there's an agenda at all - have a think about this.

NO, YOU SHOULD BE ENCOURAGING THIS VIDEO NOT HELPING TO PUT A STOP TO IT.

It should be used as an example of people power - an example of how ordinary people throughout the world can come together - because if they don't God Help Us.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
As soon as i seen the video was using emotional tactics i knew it was complete trash, if they had presented it in a rational, logical fashion i would have at least considered the message it was proposing... the stupid hi-res images gave the whole game away.
edit on 7-3-2012 by TruthIncarnate because: (no reason given)

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join