It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WARNING! IMPORTANT!: WE ARE NOT being told the full story about the Kony situation!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
everything I have read from both sides say this man is evil - lets just go get him and be done with it.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Read that and it's interesting stuff.
Google Link

There's more on Kony on the wikileaks site.
Courtesy of Google Search.
edit on 8-3-2012 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-3-2012 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Good warning! OP

All i have to add is that it better not just stop at Kony! People better be prepared for the can of worms this campaign is going to open, setting a precedent straight up to the elites they're asking help from.

No monster should be above the law when it comes to crimes against children or humanity for that matter!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
For those criticizer Kony2012 and only knowledge is based on a blog they read try researching how charities work.

www.sabotagetimes.com... mpaign/

The reason why people are pissed off with the Kony2012 campaign is cause they don't understand how charities work.

Google how charities work.

none are 100% non profit. charities need money

Kony2012 campaign needs allot of money from equipment and transport. paying wages to the film makers and aid workers who are not earning money anywhere else

The CEO is currently making $90k a year, twice the average earnings for a US workers, still alot of money right, but nobody complains about Susan g. Komen foundation, the pink ribbons for breast cancer, earns over 500 thousand dollars a year, and guess what no one has issues with this.

so 32% of each pound is going to active protection of Ugandan people, funding an anti LRA army assisted by US government, but this is NOT to engage in warfare this is to give expert advice in the direct capture of Kony and protection of people Ugandan people.

now if your saying why ONLY 32% of money goes there, google the average amount given by charities your find it is less than 30%, Susan g. komen foundation only give 29% direct to breast cancer research.

But if you still pissed off with where the money is going, don't donate, the campaign Kony2012 is about awareness and pressure on government to act.

The guy who wrote this blog is pissed and misconstrued everything to make it look that invisible children was not a good organisation.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Regardless of whether it's intended to make Obama look good or not.. Kony is a monster, that isn't made up .. the atrocities he's accused of are very real and the man should be held accountable for it ..

The campaign is to try to make the world know who he is ..because believe it or not, many people had no clue who he was before this went viral .. so I say, so what? let it help Obama .. as long as Kony is stopped

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The point is to bring awareness to something that has been going on uncontested for decades... and that's exactly what this is doing. It's always amazing to me the things that can go on in places like Africa, and the UN and the west does little or nothing to intervene. Yet, if things like that happened in a country where there are resources we want, like oil, we'd be all over it in no time. It makes me sad when oil becomes more of a motivator than the value of human lives.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Cass Sunstein Op

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I just watched this and thought it would be interesting on the counter to this Kony thing

edit on 8-3-2012 by Epsillion70 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Thanks on the google search...I like the quick view if possible.

This is a strange new twist on an old situation.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66
reply to post by dannotz

It's not the raising of awareness that is at issue. It is an unaccountable, unaudited charity asking for your money and then spending only about 30% of donations on the actual cause. Charity IS big business these days.

Ok then.

I buy that for sure. But lets speak on facts about it then. Maybe i should read through the thread a little more to find some.

But yea, i can agree with that.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
From what I read, pretty much 98% of you have never heard of this man before this. I know I hadn't.

BUT I have seen, for over 15 years, videos of child soldiers from that region. At the time, it was more a fleeting video that was leaked. Soldiers, bashing a child who would not submit, crying, being dragged by his arms. or children with guns shooting at civilians. Never had a name.

NOW I KNOW THE NAME.

What I don't get it that the point of the video is to make you aware that this monster exists.

You see, you were not aware. Now you are. But instead of saying "Wow what a monster" you all go "Oh the US are up to something..."

Jesus christ....

You people are clones.

Now you are aware of a monster, you think nothing more than the monsters is just the fantasy of your own government to make you fall for some scheme.

Far out....

Even if Invisible Children is a scam.... there are child soldiers abducted from familes over there. And yes, they commit atrocious crimes while being forced to. I have been aware of that for a long time.

Why didn't the US step in before? God knows.. Why the hell would they? Are they in China right now, fixing human rights issues? Are you supposed to the the worlds keepers? Not in my book.

But lets all focus on the middle east and compare it. Oh no the middle east never attacked the US before 9/11.. Never... *blocks ears, closes eyes*

sure sure... whatever.

Now you are aware of what is going on over there, instead of focusing your attention on the problem it's all "Oooh I smell a rat!!!"

PATHETIC.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
lol those white dudes posing with guns

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh
From what I read, pretty much 98% of you have never heard of this man before this. I know I hadn't.

BUT I have seen, for over 15 years, videos of child soldiers from that region. At the time, it was more a fleeting video that was leaked. Soldiers, bashing a child who would not submit, crying, being dragged by his arms. or children with guns shooting at civilians. Never had a name.

NOW I KNOW THE NAME.

What I don't get it that the point of the video is to make you aware that this monster exists.

You see, you were not aware. Now you are. But instead of saying "Wow what a monster" you all go "Oh the US are up to something..."

Jesus christ....

You people are clones.

Now you are aware of a monster, you think nothing more than the monsters is just the fantasy of your own government to make you fall for some scheme.

Far out....

Even if Invisible Children is a scam.... there are child soldiers abducted from familes over there. And yes, they commit atrocious crimes while being forced to. I have been aware of that for a long time.

Why didn't the US step in before? God knows.. Why the hell would they? Are they in China right now, fixing human rights issues? Are you supposed to the the worlds keepers? Not in my book.

But lets all focus on the middle east and compare it. Oh no the middle east never attacked the US before 9/11.. Never... *blocks ears, closes eyes*

sure sure... whatever.

Now you are aware of what is going on over there, instead of focusing your attention on the problem it's all "Oooh I smell a rat!!!"

PATHETIC.

You obviously cast away rational thinking and common sense to give into your emotions....
Do some research and educate yourself on the subject of that charity and on the subject of child abductions and all the attrocities commited in these parts of Africa in the 20th century.

Its pretty immature to want to blame a reoccuring problem in a failling system on only one man...who is most likely starving in the jungle and has apparently not conducted his ill behavior since 2006.

After the big bad man is caught, no body is going to give a rat's ass about the people in these parts and other problems they may face...thats a reality.

Dont give me that ''Well its a start'' crap....thats empty talk to clear one's conscience.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jesiaha

Yeah, lets focus on.. what?

I've seen many many videos of child soldiers from that area. And how it's come to light. Because some shonky group did it. That is all that matters in my mind. Not that they are shonky, but they have made you aware of it. But instead of the facts in front of you, it's easier to make some justification, or excuse to keep ignoring it?

You'd rather focus on the group who bring it to light, than the problem?.... ignore the fact this maniac has been in power for so long, with words such as "most likely not been in power since 2006". Warlords don't tend to just disappear. He moves around. He knows his land. He is brilliant in his tactics..

Ok, I don't care... not my problem what you think, I just wanted to put my 2 cents in where people have been throwing dollars of ignorance.

Have you ever seen the movie "Last king of Scotland" ? You do not rid yourself of a war lord in that area by waiting it out.

Sure, where one gets toppled, another may grow. But does that mean you stop? Only when it is somewhere else, I guess.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

Great find TheBandit795

I knew this was all too slick, too ready-made for youtube consumers to be for real.
Here's my favorite line from the article you linked:

In our desire to ameliorate suffering, we must not be complicit in making it worse.

I can't believe we have millions of US kids screaming for military intervention in a conflict they know nothing about.
Looks to me like the Pentagon has mastered the use of social media.
I really hope people will take this for the wake up call it is.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

What happens if both sides use child soldiers? We go in their and arm one side with child soldiers to help kill the other side with child soldiers?

This is not a simple situation that can be highlighted in a 30min youtube video. The dispute has been going on for decades. There are no good guys, so you want us to support one set of bad guys over another.

It's madness.
edit on 9-3-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by burntheships

Good stuff especially when you consider the recent Mysterious Ammo Depot explosion in DRC. 206 people died

Perhaps this is the backup plan to move operations over in to the DRC?
"oh no! the LRA did this. We need to send troops to the Congo too."

We'll be waiting for the punchline.

Seems all to convenient the military and humanitarian aid is all centered in the middle of Africa, from the DRC across to the Sudan basically dividing the continent in half. It also happens to be the most undeveloped and resource rich area of Africa as well. We need that steady supply of raw materials to keep making those Obamaphones.

ETA - only the last line was meant as a joke.
edit on 9-3-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The whole Kony2012 is just another scam to justify military invention in a country where oil was found.

Saving kids?
No: The movie makers want to support the Uganda's People Defence Force. Even posing in pictures with weapons of them.

So what is the UPDF?
It's highly supported by US gov, in 2009 alone they received 45 millions. They several Aircrafts and helicopters from Russia, Poland, Israel and the US.
Minimal entry age into the Forces is 13 years !! So talk about child soldiers.

As well they are known for widespread lootings, rape and corruption.

On the other side, no one really knows where Kony is, most reporst say he fled Uganda around 2006, and is probably in the Congo region. Leaving a power vacuum which is filled by other gangs/militias.

Who stands behind the Kony cause?
Obama, Bush and Condoleeza Rice are named in the movie.
Along with Zuckerberg, Jay-Z and Lady Gaga.
All very well known for fighting for human rights and the good cause -- wait, what ?

These are the facts, get more on:
The guardian on Kony

Wiki (i Know...) on UPDF

As well some food for the conspiracy buffs (hell it's ATS, baby):
- The names of the supporters (Bush, Condi, JayZ, Zuckerberg, Lady Gaga) full illuminati forefront
- As mentionend before: the upside down peace sign used in the movie
- The symolism: Kids rising their right hand, like a salute to Hitler, the date of the poster action: Hitlers Birthday

I could go on and on, but it's enough for me to see the propaganda and where it's heading to.
Greet Kony, the new patsy of the NWO, since OBL is officially gone.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

What happens if both sides use child soldiers? We go in their and arm one side with child soldiers to help kill the other side with child soldiers?

That's what war is all about, lol. Fat old armchair warriors sending 'kids' out to fight their wars, spill their blood and leave their wives and children husband and fatherless, wifeless and motherless.

Beyond that? I really applaud those who're keeping their eyes and ears open for the truth. I'd only give one little bit of advice. WE don't know what's really going on. We have to find out of course. Beyond that? I live in a town where the mafia controls EVERYTHING - and no one talks about them. No one 'fesses up' to their existence.

So, there's two sides to this coin, we just have to separate the two with truth sans sensationalism.

As for this girl in the video saying 'just watch the news'? Well, she lost all credibility with me when she stated that - but - that doesn't mean I don't believe or disbelieve her, it was just one indication she's not as informed as she might want to think she is.

peace
edit on 9-3-2012 by silo13 because: bbc

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Love this video! Some young people really are using their head. Now if she just could loose the silverware in her face.

But her hair is way cool!

peace

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join