It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran trying to build nuclear missiles capable of hitting London, Cameron warns MPs

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Soon they will show us satellite imagery of mobile nuclear launch trucks that will never be found. Then they will use a couple of low level scapegoats who's intelligence was inaccurate but of course it will be too late and the Western propaganda machine will dumb it down, feed us some new BS and as we know the public as a whole is very forgetful and forgiving, also I really don't want to play the oil card, but how profitable would those huge oil and gas fields Iran has recently discovered for our allies, the west!
edit on 7-3-2012 by blah2200 because: add information

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Cameron clearly states that Iran poses a direct threat to Israel with it previously stating that it wishes to wipe Israel out of existence.

He also clearly states that Iran poses a regional threat and that it gaining nuclear weapon capability would instigate a regional arms race.

He then quite clearly states that Iran poses an international threat as there is evidence that it is developing 'inter-continental missiles'.
That obviously implies that it poses a threat to the UK and London.

To be fair to Cameron he repeatedly states that whilst he doesn't rule out military intervention in the future he firmly believes sanctions are beginning to take effect and that they are causing a change in Iranian policy.
He then adds that sanctions should be allowed time and that he doesn't foresee any change in UK policy at present.
The PM goes on to state that the next priority is to put pressure on nations like India and China not to buy the oil from Iran that previously would have been bought by EU nations.

Personally I dislike sanctions as I believe that the only people they really hurt are the ordinary, everyday Iranians and that they hardly effect the Mullahs and their nuclear weapon programme.
However, if the alternative is military conflict and if they are changing Iranian policy then they clearly deserve more time to see if they can bring about a peaceful resolution.

Cameron stated that the UK is committed to keeping the international waters clear for shipping but he has no plans of deploying more armed forces in the region.

I have absolutely no faith or trust in what Cameron has to say, however, having watched what he has to say on the matter I do feel slightly more at ease and feel that there are no immediate plans for the UK to join in any military attack on Iran, at present.
edit on 7/3/12 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
They keep talking about Iran's desire to build nuclear bombs, yet they have shown ZERO proof that this is the case. If it were the case, that's one thing...But it must be proven. After what happened with Iraq and Bush, I would think that the American, as well as other peoples around the world, would possibly question this blatant campaign of lies.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Okay, I'm kinda wondering where the "trying" part comes in. Nuclear is the debate. The Missile capability either existing or being developed is a horse that left the barn quite some time ago. They've only launched a few Satellites into orbit so far, but the 2nd one proved it worked well enough, and wouldn't the rest simply be guidance and payload?

Perhaps their guidance systems for orbital return to hit a target need developed, and that is likely...but then again, they do have a high tech domestic arms industrial complex of their own. What they have for a straight forward missile is enough.

Sejjil/GHADR-110

Range Kilometers 2,000-2,500
Diameter Meters ~1.4
Height Meters ~17.5-19
Stages 2
Launch Mass Kilograms 25,000+
Warhead Mass Kilograms 1,158-1,1050-760-550
Chinese Origin Heritage M-18 missile

Adding their fledgling space program into the mix makes me think it's far more than just a 'try' at developing this for themselves. It still doesn't justify World War III....but I see no reason to argue the idea that they either have or soon will have the ability to do it. Heck..the development of their space program will make it a reality by pure side effect of other necessary systems, if it wasn't a goal to get going..and I'm SURE there are few things with a higher priority these days in Tehran.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Erm, how about this Cameron, a Type 45 with anti-ballistic capability moored in the Thames? Now get back to getting us out of the EU.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

Iran trying to build nuclear missiles capable of hitting London, Cameron warns MPs

www.dailymail.co .uk

Iran is developing nuclear missiles capable of hitting London, David Cameron warned yesterday.
In a chilling echo of the build-up to the war against Iraq, the Prime Minister suggested that the country’s drive to develop the bomb was potentially a direct threat to the UK.
His comments appeared to move Britain a step closer to war against the hardline Islamic regime.
He told MPs the Tehran government was trying to develop ‘intercontinental missiles’.
And he repeatedly stressed that ‘military action
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 7-3-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-3-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

Hmmmm. Guess now that Iran's misssiles are being referred to as "intercontinental missiles", something imminent is surely in the works. Which leads one to wonder that if and when Iran is invaded will those intercontinental missiles turn out to be as elusive as the WMD were in Iraq ?

Oh well, I'm making a huge batch of popcorn as it appears as some kind of "show is about to begin"....

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by oghamxx
reply to post by Freeborn

I don't think making a nuke is the issue. Fooling the masses AGAIN with worn out rhetoric is wearing thin.

Who will be blamed for bad intelligence after the conflict and no such evidence is found.

I highly doubt they will make the same mistake twice. This time they will just plant the evidence if they find none. Not that a nuke is even justification to invade/bomb a country and probably kill many innocent civilians in the process though, but many in America and the UK are brainwashed to believe so. Apparently ignoring the fact that plenty of countries have made nukes "without permission" too, including our "ally" Isreal.. Talk about hypocritical, yeesh.

edit on 8-3-2012 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
As I've said here before, it does seem that the British media is recently stepping up some sort of campaign designed to change public opinion into thinking that Iran and Al Qaeda are both linked together, something which is very non-logical and have so far been denied by every Western Intelligence source.

On ATS

This is part of this same campaign.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Many countries have developed missles capable of hitting other countries. Does Britain have missles that can hit Iran? Of course! This is just the normal evolution of weapon production for a country. I am sure Iran would stop the development if all the other countries destroyed theirs. It is always a case of "I can have it but you can't.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

hey guys.

I live in Anchorage in Alaska and I am very worried that Irak could develop rockets that could hit Alaska.

Please tell me how we should stop these evil people from killing us.

I am so worried.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Syria , in my opinion , should be on the top of the list before Iran. Syria is very dangerous with the desperate state of its governemnt and the ability for radical groups to take advantage of the government's state and take Chemical / Biological weapons.

Iran still needs time to become the threat we are portraying. Iran is a very real threat , a bit down the road , obviously if you listen to their calls for "Armageddon" their 12th Imam , blah blah.

Syria needs to be eyed closley. I believe not helping the Syrian people will do more harm to the U.S than helping them.

----

I dont know what kind of intel Bush had during 2003 but he wasted the war on Iraq when he should have attacked Iran. If only he knew then what we know today. The Iranian and Syrian problems comes at the worst time because people are using every excuse in the book to back down from the world view when the real threats are just making themselves known. The threats we helped facilitate in the 70s and 80s (Cold War) are now biting us in the ass and im sorry to say , people are gonna have to get over it. We have to deal with out mistake and your whining arent making matters easier.

During the 70s and 80s , either the Soviet Union got the oil resources or we got them. We hated communism so much we were willing to support radicals that we knew we could not trust. Now , they are causing more problems for us than the Cold War. We now have Cold War 2.0 with Russia / China and North Korea and the entire Middle East on the edge of being devoured in hail of glory.

Either World War 3 will happen within the next 5 years , or it's another 20 or 30 years down the road at least. Things cant get much worse. Only thing we lack is the "Cuban Missile Crisis" which may very well show itself sooner than we think.
edit on 8-3-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Freeborn your right man , cameron should put up or shut up !

PICS or it didnt happen cameron ! , cmon he is deliberately trying to provoke the house into bloodlust for whatever reason , war for profit.

He should be taken to the #ing cleaners !

slimey wee prick that he is !

thats right cameron your a prick!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

The PM goes on to state that the next priority is to put pressure on nations like India and China not to buy the oil from Iran that previously would have been bought by EU nations.

edit on 7/3/12 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

I like you, you have a brain and common sense. Good thing that.

this highlighted statement is key, Iran is selling their oil for currency no longer, she is now selling her oil for gold whenever and where ever she can. and countries are buying it. This is what the west is concerned about right now.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
They keep talking about Iran's desire to build nuclear bombs, yet they have shown ZERO proof that this is the case. If it were the case, that's one thing...But it must be proven. After what happened with Iraq and Bush, I would think that the American, as well as other peoples around the world, would possibly question this blatant campaign of lies.

If you haven't seen it this is a good video on the media (sorry I cant figure out how to embed a video so you will have to go to the youtube link

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
What is worse about this whole issue is we the sheeple will just allow it all happen yet again....when the people get out and protest against another war...We the sheeple will call them freaks...unpatriotic...delusional...and downright wrong as the west yet again goes in and INVADES yet another sovereign state.....The wolves will continue to run amok as the sheep will just stay in their pens and look on.

Do people not realize it is time to revolt....it is time now to fight the governments so that change will come before they destroy us all.

So the next time...which will be soon...there is a protest against war....it is time to stand up and be counted....time to get off all our asses and join enmasse (meself included) to fight these greed filled politicians and dumbed down people who think war is ever an option in any resolution.
edit on 023131p://f08Thursday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Have read the headline (and that's all I need to know really.) and all I can think is that it's part of a staged set of events leading up to an attack. Now that Iran have said the IAEA (another rigged group, surely.) can enter though I hope there's still a possibility that the warmongers are stopped in their tracks.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Oh my days!! You got to be kidding me!! The echo of Blair! Man Id like to kick Cameron straight in the ball sack!! What I dont understand is Blair claimed WMD's in Iraq. We went to war and afterwards there was no evidence or proof of WMD's. Fabricated reason to Invade. Is that not a War crime? But yet hes still walking about enjoying a Sunday roast each each week. Seems to be forgotten now Cameron is spewing out the same bollox. I myself am awake and see where this is going, Other the "Sheeple" will be agreeing with Cameron and the Oxygen thief's.

I woke up in a pleasant mood this Morning and now am in a foul mood in work.

Nice

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
hya

london olympics+ sams+20000 police officers=
A VERY BAD DAY

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by nobodysavedme

I live in Anchorage in Alaska and I am very worried that Irak could develop rockets that could hit Alaska.

Please tell me how we should stop these evil people from killing us.

With all due respect, why would Iran want to bomb Alaska?
Would it serve any political, strategic or military purpose?

As far as I can tell the only thing it would achieve is provoking the USA to nuke Iran back to the stone age in retaliation.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
We have Trident which makes anything the Iranians have now, or could develop quickly look like a pea shooter

Even the most primitive nuclear weapons are incredibly devastating. All they need is launch vehicles or something to carry them to their destination. I'm not defending Cameron's comments but calling any nuke a "pea shooter" is probably the stupidest remark ever made on ATS.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join