It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran trying to build nuclear missiles capable of hitting London, Cameron warns MPs

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by wilburn

Originally posted by TrueInstinct
Despite all the tensions and allegations surrounding Iran, I never though we would get involved.

They're really going to have to start working the publics opinion in the media soon if they want backing for another war..

I've noticed the BBC has really been covering the Israel / Iran problems a lot more recently. I wouldn't be suprised if by the end of the year the average person will assume Iran needs to be dealt with soon.
edit on 7-3-2012 by TrueInstinct because: (no reason given)

Yes, UK does what we USA say, get over it. Plain and simple, whose the Mother Of the Colony now, eh?

People like you aren't wanted on this site. We don't need fools like you coming here and going off topic about how much you think USA's better than us.

I find it amazing that soo many Americans come on here to 'big up' their own country and talk rubbish about other countries for no apparent reason.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Ladysophiaofsandoz

Different actors, same script, same puppet masters who think we are as dumb as rocks..

Wouldnt buy popcorn to watch it either..

edit on 7-3-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
So? Israel has nuclear missiles capable of hitting any city in the world. If anyone is a threat to world peace it's them.

I love how it's one rule for some and another for the rest.

I fear that something will definitely happen now, the anti-Iranian propaganda is going into overtime lately.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Freeborn, Parliament is like a Court of Law. They have the power to imprison people and without evidence too! It is already an offence to mislead the House, especially if answering an official question...

However....

No where in the DM article did I see or read Cameron actually say "Iran is trying to build nuclear missiles capable of hitting London".. What he said was Iran is working towards ICBM/Longer range missiles, which is a fact, they are. The DM then filled in the blanks and the rest of you have all bought into it without checking what he actually said....

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by wilburn

Originally posted by TrueInstinct
Despite all the tensions and allegations surrounding Iran, I never though we would get involved.

They're really going to have to start working the publics opinion in the media soon if they want backing for another war..

I've noticed the BBC has really been covering the Israel / Iran problems a lot more recently. I wouldn't be suprised if by the end of the year the average person will assume Iran needs to be dealt with soon.
edit on 7-3-2012 by TrueInstinct because: (no reason given)

Yes, UK does what we USA say, get over it. Plain and simple, whose the Mother Of the Colony now, eh?

Seriously dude....

"tough guy" talk because we aren't a British colony any more?

You make it sound like you or anyone you have ever met actually did something to contribute to the American Revolution.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Its all just an excuse to wipe iran off the map.
Let's just say i'm glad i'm in the us. A bunch of my buddy's have allready deployed. I'm so glad i got out when i did.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
To the UK people on this site, does this story piss you off or worry you? For starters, if they were building a nuke that can reach London, that would definitely keep me up at night if i lived there... But on the other hand, this can all be a made up story to get the citizens in a place where they want military strikes on Iran nuclear facilities, which Im assuming would piss you off...

So which side are you leaning towards?
edit on 7-3-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Thing is stu, how does Cameron know that Iran is working towards having inter-continental missile capability?
Is there any evidence whatsoever to support his claims?

As far as I can see, and I have had a look around, there is nothing to support his accussation.

Obviously he is privy to far more information than I am, but recent history leads me not to trust or believe anything that politicians say or do, regardless of their party affiliation.
Are you really that surprised that people are so supicious of what our politicians tell us?

If he has any sort of supportive evidence then he should reveal it to give his accussation more credence and credebility.

Once over misleading The House was considered quite a serious thing.
It seems to me that standards have changed somewhat and certainly from the Blair administration onwards it's become relatively common place.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

We've had nukes that "can reach London" for 50 years, but there is no point worrying about it. In my mind, MAD works and there is no reason to believe that Iran with a few nukes and some rockets is any more of a threat than Russia or China, because if they let their birds fly, they would be passing ours in the upper atmosphere on their way to Iran.

reply to post by Freeborn

I know what you're saying, that this is all eerily reminiscent of Iraq, but it is public knowledge Iran has a rather well established missile industry and has been working steadily over the past 15-20 years to improve their inventory.

Only a few years ago, they used a modified Shahab rocket (called the Safir) to put a sattellite into space, which is a precursor for developing longer ranged rockets as can be seen by everyone else who has ever undertaken missile development to this point. Iran is not very shy about it's missile programme either and is probably guilty of overplaying their competance.

Now, all that aside, it doesn't mean they would use them on us and MAD comes into play anyway. I was just highlighting that what Cameron said wasn't a lie, but rather what the Daily Mail reported he said was. Can't say I am surprised at that. If Cameron said "China is building an Aircraft Carrier", they would report it as "Cameron fears imminent war with China, they stole Hong Kong and they are supiciously brown enough to be worried about!"

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
THE TRUTH:

Iran is one of only 3 countries in the world not to have a Rothschild owned central bank.

The other 2 are also strangely "evil doers" who " are a threat" being of course North Korea and Cuba.

The previous 3 countries who didn't have a Rothschild owned central bank (but who now do) were:

Afghanistan, Iraq, & Libya.

Can anyone spot a theme developing here?

Is it that not having a Rothschild owned central bank is a symptom of being evil, or that if you don't have a Rothschild owned central bank they claim that you're evil so that they can justify invading and making you have one?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I am, actually, so very dissapointed with everyone in this thread.

We all know what the DM is like and often we rubbish it as a source, but all of a sudden (presumably because it fits well with certain points of view) it is now a reputable source and not one of you has gone and checked what he said to the Committee and taken what the DM said as verbatim, even when their own article doesn't actually quote Cameron saying those exact words, but rather says it itself, which is also a good indicator that not many people actually READ the DM article and all this chatter is based solely off the headline.

Poor show, ATS, poor show.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Pot kettle black springs to mind. However, the chinese or the russians can wipe UK off the map in 5-10 minutes.

David cameron is obviously working on a way to try and sell this to the public because us in the UK are starting tk ask thr seroous question, should the UK be supporting and committing acts of terrorism in the middle east?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

So when can the UK expect our invasion then? We don't have a "Rothschild owned central Bank either" and I am sure I can dig up plenty of other countries (prob all, as this Rothschild nonsense is exactly that). Even the Fed is owned by the US Treasury, rather than being privately owned as claimed by certain segments of society.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
For anyone vaguely interested in what Cameron said, you can go to the UK Parliament Website and see what he said:

www.parliament.uk...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

The Mirror

The Guardian

The Sun

Some more sources for you.. I posted them earlier..

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Now I am more convinced than ever that we should go to war! America and her allies need to air drop troops in every country that is not aligned. That is, troops consisting of people like Blair, Obama and all the politicians in all countries calling for war! These people want war, let's let them have war! We can arm them with the finest single shot .22 cal. rifles available and just let them warmonger themselves into oblivion!
Body armor and that type of thing is rather hindering so let's garb them in speedos and tennies. Of course we will equip them with the best in comunications, as would not want to miss the comunications (screams)!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Our Prime Minister is a fcuking idiot..FACT

Regards
Plazmuh

Please excuse the language..

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

The Mirror

The Guardian

The Sun

Some more sources for you.. I posted them earlier..

Wow, way to totally ignore what I am saying.

None of those quotes Cameron as saying what is claimed either. Why not check out the link I posted, from the horses mouth as it were, with a video of the Committe meeting in question, rather than reading rags which like to drum up nonsense to boost sales.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by Power_Semi

So when can the UK expect our invasion then? We don't have a "Rothschild owned central Bank either" and I am sure I can dig up plenty of other countries (prob all, as this Rothschild nonsense is exactly that). Even the Fed is owned by the US Treasury, rather than being privately owned as claimed by certain segments of society.

The Bank Of England was originally a private bank, until the post-war Labour government nationalised it in 1946.

But it's no longer owned by the government:

In 1977, the Bank set up a wholly owned subsidiary called Bank of England Nominees Limited, (BOEN), a private limited company, with 2 of its 100 £1 shares issued. According to its Memorandum & Articles of Association, its objectives are:- “To act as Nominee or agent or attorney either solely or jointly with others, for any person or persons, partnership, company, corporation, government, state, organisation, sovereign, province, authority, or public body, or any group or association of them….”

Bank of England Nominees Limited was granted an exemption by Edmund Dell, Secretary of State for Trade, from the disclosure requirements under Section 27(9) of the Companies Act 1976 , because, “it was considered undesirable that the disclosure requirements should apply to certain categories of shareholders.” The Bank of England is also protected by its Royal Charter status, and the Official Secrets Act.

In other words we are not allowed to know who owns it, but I'll tell you who it isn't owned by - you, me, or the rest of us plebs.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
So no matter what is being said in Parliament, there IS an increasing effort to push war with Iran on this nuclear BS.

Any sane person can look at this and see that even if they were developing nuclear weapons the foremost reason would be DEFENCE against attacks from the morons in the USA, we are not in a position to criticise the Iranians for this.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join