It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran trying to build nuclear missiles capable of hitting London, Cameron warns MPs

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Agree the statement is exaggerated from what he actually said. In any event the true threat from the Iranians isn't that they launch intercontinental ballistic missiles. Its who they proliferate the fissile material and the bomb building expertise to.

No state wants to become a wasteland, which is what would happen if they used a ballistic missile on another nuclear allied state.

The scarier prospect is that a city just vaporises with no obvious culprit until a terror group claims responsibility. Who do you use your weapons against in that scenario?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Where have I heard all this ? I remember the Million people march (well very nearly ) that we all walked on and still they went to war on the made up lies, Just what is it we must do to stop them dragging us into the Hell Israel has created , but it really does go to show who is it that really holds the reins of power in the UK and America, and it's not the people...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by coolpolitealex4

Yes apart from Clare Short and George Galloway. Every one from all partys voted for war. The people were ignored even though they marched against the war on Iraq. Democracy? Wish we could have some here at home.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

hi
the statement may be out of context
but
does not change the fact that during the uk olympics
sams are placed all around london
the police have been increased from 10 to 20000 officers
this post will probably go unheeded
but our gov has elequently laid it all out
and dont forget
criminal accountability has been raised

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Iran would like a nuclear weapon to be able
to hit everyone...

England needs to help take out this threat.

More evidence the Iranian Government
is trying to kill brits also. They hate the brits
just as much as Americans.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
If Iran only had one bomb then why waste it on tosser like Cameron who's up the a$$ of the bankers taking bribes and not send it to Israel.

Lets not forget Cameron was selling tanks to Gaddaffy just a year before they decided he was evil and is still selling guns to Saudi Arabia who are using these guns to kill protestors in Bahrain so best that the twat shuts up because his head will be on the block if he starts a war and people at home start to die just so he and his corporate banker freinds can rob us blind.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
hi all

dont get wound up
thats what they want
when you are angry...you cant think straight and natural instinct kicks in
THEY WANT YOU TO DO THAT
sheeple panicking they feed of it

i personally think something big will happen during the games in london
reason
10000 police officers to control this event then increased to 20000 officers
then sams placed all around (sams= surface to air missiles)
we all know somethings going to happen during this period
if i were you
stay out of london during the events
i hope im wrong, but the gov are paranoid about it
so i would be

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
War Mongers.

Fear Propagandists.

Outright Lies.

This is the NWO, this is the set of governments that you the people are stuck with. Until you really get fed up, rise up and remove them. Otherwise another senseless war is abou to begin, one with no credible evidence, or moral standing.

Greed is the only thing that will come out of it.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

thank goodness people like you still have brains
this is a whole charade
the play is unfolding
none of us brits are going to believe this prop

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by InsideYourMind

Cmon cameron make your mind up do you want to invade the falklands or iran?

How can the UK 'invade' something that is already British?

It's not british in my books. It's halfway around the globe, nothing to do with the UK.
The point i tried to make was that the falklands is the result of colonialism and the tory way.

Cameron has an agenda to divide and conquer the masses, and then steal their land, whether it be an island or a council flat. It's what the tories do, they have no respect for anyone but themselves.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I am sure every nation that posses the resources to do so want to build such weapons not just Iran.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I see the propaganda machine is up and running on the other side of the pond. Hey Cameron, lots of countries have nukes "capable of hitting London", why aren't you talking about going to war with THEM?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

It's not british in my books. It's halfway around the globe, nothing to do with the UK.

Good job your book is irrelevant when it comes to international law.

The Falklands are both legally and morally British and will remain so as long as the Islanders wish to remain so.
It's got to do with a little thing called The Right To Self-Determination.

I'm not going to derail this thread by rattling on about The Falklands, suffice to say that you are wrong.

The point i tried to make was that the falklands is the result of colonialism and the tory way.

Colonialism was the way of the world back then, none of us alive now were around then and certainly shouldn't feel responsible for the actions of our predecessors.

Cameron has an agenda to divide and conquer the masses,

Some common ground.
Cameron is a complete twat and is hell bent on taking this country back to some sort of Victorian like society with all the injustices and inequalities that included.

and then steal their land, whether it be an island or a council flat. It's what the tories do, they have no respect for anyone but themselves.

Obviously a generalisation and despite it being so typical of the outdated, blinkered and dogmatic political thinking that unfortunately dominates UK politics I would have to agree with you.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

hya
the most accurate response i have read today
cheers

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Yes you can tell when Cameron lies
His lips move

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
reply to post by EvanB

Yes you can tell when Cameron lies
His lips move

haha
im sure that bugger was caught trying to sing the national anthem
and he did not know the words

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Can't fault you there.....all I can say in my defence is that I didn't vote for him, neither did the majority of people who bothered to vote, but somehow due to the archaic and unrepresentative electoral system we have he ended up being Prime Minister.

C'mon Freeborn, I know you're an avid Tory hater, but the above is not exactly true, is it?

In the 2010 General Election, of those who bothered to vote, the Tory's got the most votes by a wide margin (10,703,654 vs 8,606,517 for Labour and 6,836,248 for the Lib Dems). Granted, it isn't a majority, but when has 51+% ever voted for one party? Labour dominated Parliament from 1997 to 2010 with a huge Parliamentary majortiy, yet often had far less of the popular vote than the Tories got in 2010.

But yes, the FPTP system needs an overhaul, as it isn't right that a party can get 23% of the vote but only gain 9% of the seats (Lib Dems) and also, they actually got more votes in 2010 than they did in 2005 but actually won less seats!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Master_007

Tanks to Gaddafi? No, the UK has never sold any Tanks to Gaddafi. The only equipment the UK sold to the Libyan Military was battlefield radio sets. A previous deal to sell them ATGM's fell through.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Irrelevant what it is "in your books", to be honest.

What say you about Hawaii then? It's "half a world away" from the US and, unlike the Falklands, actually belonged to someone and has an indigineous population when US Marines turned up and forced the Hawaiian King to submit.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

C'mon Freeborn, I know you're an avid Tory hater, but the above is not exactly true, is it?

I don't have much respect for politicians full stop stu.

Sure I despise Thatcher and Cameron is quickly catching her up in that regard but you know my feelings on our party political system and how I find it outdated, unrepresentative and overtly dogmatic etc.
To single the Tory Party out is unfair.
Sure, my personal opinions tend to differ from the majority of their beliefs, but I'm not that blinkered etc that I disagree with ALL their policies regardless.
Just as I certainly don't agree with ALL of The Labour Party's policies or those of the LibDems.

My point about Cameron becoming PM despite not receiving anywhere near an overall majority was more of a dig at our current electoral and parliamentary systems and procedures than at him as an individual.

But this thread isn't really the time or place to expand upon that.....we have both done so in previous threads more suited than this one.

But yes, the FPTP system needs an overhaul.....

I know we both agree upon this.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join