It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran trying to build nuclear missiles capable of hitting London, Cameron warns MPs

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I wonder how many people have used the link stumason provided and watched what Cameron actually said without any MSM spin?

I must admit that once I had watched the clip my worst fears were slightly allayed and I realise just how much spin has been put on it.

I think it's a shame that people either don't know or aren't interested in watching these committee meetings and finding out for themselves what people actually say.

Here's the link again.
www.parliamentlive.tv...

The relevant part on Iran starts at about 16:18:30 until 16:30:00

I think it is essential viewing for anyone who takes the issue seriously and seeks a full and independant understanding of what is going on.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart
hya

london olympics+ sams+20000 police officers=
A VERY BAD DAY

Hya Davesmart in Britainistan....I'm a Brit in America, watching all the # go down around the world.

I think you're right.
A very bad day indeed!
I'm a psychic-astrolologer and I've been watching the lead-up to this for a long time now.
The trouble will start near the beginning of July and unquietly amass, big-time, around the 18-21 July.

The London Olympics start 27th July....or so they plan....But they won't, because the S* will HTF before that!

I don't know exactly what you mean by the 'sams', but if I can tune into that, could this have something to do with the US/UK conspiracy they have going on in the island of Diego Garcia, (look it up), where Israel has carte-blanche to set off US/UK-backed submarine missiles aimed towards Iran's nuclear facilities?

Oh yeah! This has been planned for many years now...(my first discovery of this, circa 2002)

Unfortunately, nobody has listened to me about this, all these years. Too bad!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Ah just like how Tony Blair said about Saddam?

Tony Blair: Saddam trying to build nuclear missiles capable of hitting London

Want me to find that link? history is repeating it self, Cameron is a liar like Harper, Bush and the Clintions.
edit on 7-3-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

Not only that, cameron is a tory... this makes things much worse and turns it from likely to inevitable. The man is destined to ruin everything in his path, it's what the tories do.

Cmon cameron make your mind up do you want to invade the falklands or iran? You can't take on both. For a start the idiot has been making cuts everywhere while giving the would-be remaining cash to syrian terrorists as people in the UK are still unemployed and children are finding it hard to eat enough food in some places... i hope this is just cameron waving his sword and not being serious because the UK won't have a leg to stand on it this goes through...

No one in their right mind will back the government on this. It would be suicide.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by scoobyrob

Totally agree with these sentiments, governments are not interested in the people any more. It's about them and us, they do not give a # about us, and think only of their own little games

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

Cmon cameron make your mind up do you want to invade the falklands or iran?

How can the UK 'invade' something that is already British?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Any FIRST YEAR STUDENT from MIT and yes...I live in Mass....could design a Multistage Missle that could hit London from anywhere in the world...never mind the short distance from Iran.

Plus Irans Nuclear Tech. is so poor that they are using the most archaic and slow way to enrich Uranium to "SORT OF" Weapons Grade Material by using THOUSANDS OF CENTRIFUGES. If Iran ever did build a Bomb....it would be massive with a Nominal Yeild of 5 to 7 Kilitons if that at all. You would need a VERY LARGE TRUCK JUST TO MOVE IT...and there is NO WAY they are going to get THAT atop a missle.....

Also...this Nuke wouldnot be Thermonuclear but just a standard Fission A-Bomb which for some reason the Iranian Religious Ellite thinks would stop the U.S. from attacking. Unlesss Iran does something truly STUPID...THE U.S. Plan is to let their own people take over the Government that has a 12 to 18 month Lifespan.

Israel is not allowed to Bomb Iranian Nuclear Sites as that would poison the whole Middle East. Perfect scenario is that since the CIA and DIA have been dealing and communication directly with Irans Higher Up Leadership....and explaining that if one of the Old Religious Guard Leadership tries to order an attack on the U.S. or close the Strait of Hormuz....or worse...declares publicly they have a Nuke...true or not.....the U.S. will Have to go in using Tens of thousands of Special Forces and Airborne Rangers to secure all Iranian Nuclear Sites...the Fifth Fleet will destroy the entire Iranian Airforce and Navy and USAF B_2's as well as F-22's will deliver Highly secret and new Advanced and powerful Non-Nuclear EMP devices to render any Iranian Ground Campaign Innert as Electromagnetic Pulses will shut down any electronics...even a distributer cap never mind advanced electronics that make an Army work....useless.

The Ace in the Hole is the CIA and DIA communications with Irans version of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff. The LAST thing an Iranian Soldier or especially that Soldiers leader wants is to have IRANS ability to defend itself OBLITERATED....SO just like in Iraq....we may see Iranian Military Leaders to stand down....thus possibly saving the Iranian Navy and Airforce....I would hate to be an 18 year old kid bobbing around in the Persian Gulf atop an old Iranian Destroyer while a Nuclear Powered U.S. Carrier Battle Group with accompanying SUBS and ABM's on Aegis Cruisers as well as U.S. Attack Subs were tracking my every movement. A WAR would be a SLAUGHTER and since these are mostly KIDS...70% of the entire Iranian Population is under 30 years old...and 90% of the Population is Pro-Democracy....why Bomb future ALLIES? Lets hope the old SOBS over there can actually care for someone beside themselves. Split Infinity

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

You have had some great posts.

I'm not asking you to do my homework but if a missile can reach the UK it sure can reach most of Europe. Have any other governments echoed Cameron's concern/warning? Why does he consider the UK would be a prime target?

You have previously stated that you doubt there will be a false flag attack (on UK assets). IF there is does Cameron have any career saving option other than to react militarily? IMO Obama would have no other option.

While the masses everywhere do not favor war especially given the dire financial state of the world, IMO the PTB banking interests relish the opportunity to put governments deeper in debt. I believe it is they and not the masses who will prevail.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I've not found a full transcript yet, only the articles. Based on those, however, I would present the following for your consideration...

What Cameron said:

‘I don’t believe that an Iranian nuclear weapon is just a threat to Israel ... there are signs that the Iranians want to have some sort of intercontinental missile capability. So we have to be clear this is potentially a threat much more widely.’

What the newspapers said:

OMGOMGOMG PM SAYS IRAN IS GOING TO LAUNCH NUCLEAR MISSILE AT LONDON, WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many people seem very quick to lynch Cameron for lying without actually reading what he is quoted as saying. The articles have not quoted him as actually saying what the headline suggests he said.

Deny ignorance, etc etc.

edit on 8-3-2012 by EvillerBob because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by oghamxx

As far as I am aware there has been no further comment on Iran by any other European nations since the implementation of EU sanctions.

Continental Europeans tend to follow EU and UN policy and as such will insist upon waiting to see what long term effect sanctions have before contemplating any other course of action.
That is not say they wouldn't react aggressively to any direct attack on the EU or it's interests.

I think, and it is only my opinion, that if there is an attack on London during the Olympics then it won't be a false flag but an attack by genuine Islamic extremist, or possibly even other, terrorists.
If any such attack does happen then I suspect the British public would demand their ounce of flesh and insist upon retaliatory strikes as soon as possible against those deemed 'responsible'.

I am not that naive that I don't doubt for one minute that the UK government would exploit any such attack to further it's own agenda's etc and would target those that weren't necessarily 'responsible' for it.

I also don't doubt that the bankers and other PTB have massive influence and power over any UK government.
They probably have even more influence over the current administration as Cameron is very much 'one of their own'.
So I suppose it would all depend all the level and type of dissension shown against any military intervention.
If puiblic opinion remains as it is then I suspect there would be significant vocal opposition, unfortunately these people sometimes only take notice of direct action.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by EvillerBob

‘I don’t believe that an Iranian nuclear weapon is just a threat to Israel ... there are signs that the Iranians want to have some sort of intercontinental missile capability. So we have to be clear this is potentially a threat much more widely.’

Same s@@t, different way of saying it...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Lord Macauly's address in Feb 1835 regarding India:

"I have traveled across the length and breadth of India and I have not seen one person who is a beggar, who is a thief. Such wealth I have seen in this country, such high moral values, people of such calibre, that I do not think we would ever conquer this country, unless we break the very backbone of this nation, which is her spiritual and cultural heritage, and, therefore, I propose that we replace her old and ancient education system, her culture, for if the Indians think that all that is foreign and English is good and greater than their own, they will lose their self-esteem, their native self-culture and they will become what we want them, a truly dominated nation."

This same ideology exists today, only portrayed with different words...As much as I hope that Iran, if it does do something this stupid, ends up shooting itself I can't help but wonder if there are no sides, that it's all blurred, one as much guilty as the other.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
The people of Britan will not buy this for one minute,if we are involved in attacking Iran, i believe it will be without the support of the masses.Do i think that will make a difference,of course not,a million odd people marched to say no to the war in Iraq,it didnt matter,they don't care what people think.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Thanks for another insightful post.

Unaware of the mindset of terrorists I simply do not comprehend what their issue is with the UK and I doubt Cameron knows nor does he care. Bush always said 'They hate us for our freedom'! Your days of imperialism are long over while the US (economic rather than territorial) appear to be cresting.

Could the terrorists issue(s) with the UK possibly stem from the days of the Palestine Mandate or lack of enthusiasm/support for the Haavara Agreement (Germany was going to relocate millions of Jews to Madagascar in the 30's).

There is an old saying "Only shoot at the ducks you can hit." Are terrorists delusionary or do they really think they can 'hit' (defeat) the UK/West military? Is a conflict intended to hurt the UK/West economically? I would think winning a battle and losing the war would wear thin after a few wars.

I fully realize your reply may just be conjecture/speculation but if you will indulge me I would enjoy your thoughts.

edit on 8-3-2012 by oghamxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Well if the Iranians do manage to launch a missile at us. I hope it lands in the politicians laps. Whilst they are all sat there drunk and spouting bs. As they do every day in the commons. We should just round them up and send them to the Afghan, then they can make sure that the afghan girls can go to school. Thats one of the bs reasons they said we are there for. Haven for terrorists? Try London. the place is full of them.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by oghamxx

Unaware of the mindset of terrorists I simply do not comprehend what their issue is with the UK

Who truly knows or understands the minds of extremists who are prepared to blow themselves for their beliefs?

I suspect their issues with the UK are quite varied.

We blindly followed the US into the first Gulf War.
And of course we were also heavily involved in The Iraq War and the subsequent disastrous occupation of Iraq.
In addition we have also been at the forefront of anti-Taliban operations in Afghanistan.

Many other nations may have voiced varying levels of support etc but the UK has very much been side by side with the US in all these operations which are seen by some in the Muslim world, perhaps even the majority of it, as being directly aimed at Islam itself.

And therein lies another major factor; Islam and Western 'democracy' are ultimately diametrically opposed to each other.

Islam demands complete submission to Allah and his teachings and is a total lifestyle belief system whereas 'the west' preaches freedom of choice, speech etc which are quite alien concepts under Sharia.
The UK is still perceived as a major supporter and proponent of these ideals.

The UK has a growing Muslim population, some of which are increasingly coming under the influence of some of the more extreme interpretations of Islam.

And of course we are viewed as major supporters of the Israeli nation.

and I doubt Cameron knows nor does he care.

I suspect that Cameron cares for very little other than himself and his own personal aggrandisement and pursuing the will of his masters.

Bush always said 'They hate us for our freedom'!

For once he was right.
Yet they seek to use our freedoms to ultimately deny them to us.

Your days of imperialism are long over while the US (economic rather than territorial) appear to be cresting.

Some still view us as a major colonial power.
Most of us know differently.
The full extent of US influence and power is yet to be seen.

Could the terrorists issue(s) with the UK possibly stem from the days of the Palestine Mandate or lack of enthusiasm/support for the Haavara Agreement (Germany was going to relocate millions of Jews to Madagascar in the 30's).

I suspect some of it may have stemmed from this but their disgust and outrage has been given fresh impetus from more recent events.

There is an old saying "Only shoot at the ducks you can hit." Are terrorists delusionary or do they really think they can 'hit' (defeat) the UK/West military? Is a conflict intended to hurt the UK/West economically? I would think winning a battle and losing the war would wear thin after a few wars.

A basic tenet of the Islamic faith is that Muslims must work towards spreading their faith at all times and imposing Sharia upon the world.
Of course the vast majority of Muslims, even very faithful ones, seem quite content to get on with things and live and let live, the same as anyone.
Unfortunately, the vocal and at times violent minority believe this to be the literal truth and will do anything to try bring about a worldwide Caliphate.

I fully realize your reply may just be conjecture/speculation but if you will indulge me I would enjoy your thoughts.

I appreciate the sentiment but I assure you my thoughts are just the random musings of an ordinary Joe who is just as likely to be talking complete and utter bollocks as anyone else is.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Cameron is an odious piece of work and we should not allow him to lead us into another unjustified war.

Despite the fact that I am ex-pat now please allow me to re-write that phrase.

"Cameron is an odious piece of work and we should not allow him to lead us."

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Can't fault you there.....all I can say in my defence is that I didn't vote for him, neither did the majority of people who bothered to vote, but somehow due to the archaic and unrepresentative electoral system we have he ended up being Prime Minister.

But that's for another time and place.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Seems like the attack on Iran is very close. The propaganda has been heating up the ATS couple days. Cameron claims they're going to hit London with a nuclear tipped missile. The other day I read a story claiming a hidden nuclear facility had been discovered. Israel won't shut up about Iran. The attack is coming soon.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Israel ALREADY has missiles programmed to hit London, Paris, Brussels, Berlin, etc.
So what difference does it make ? That our cities of infidels/goym would be bombed twice by OUR FRIENDS the muslims and the jews...

Cheers anyway.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Thank you again for your informative and insightful posts. For the past 11 years I have only concerned myself with many personal and domestic issues. I'm not sure if I now feel better or worse! LOL More adapt or perish?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join