It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Box cutter found on Southwest flight at Hobby

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Box cutter found on Southwest flight at Hobby

www.chron.com

Flight 1636, scheduled to fly out at 6:15 a.m. from Hobby to Dallas Love Field, was canceled after a passenger found the box cutter in an overhead luggage compartment as the plane prepared for departure.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Can't remember the last time a box cutter was found on a plane. Oh yea, wasn't it after the 9/11 attacks on a grounded plane in Chicago? How would a box cutter get through the metal detectors? Was it planted there by a crew member? Lets all hope this is just an accident, and not a sign of things to come.

www.chron.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Uh oh...must be those sneaky Iranian terrorists. We better bomb Iran before they cause another 9/11!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I wonder what the charge will be, if any at all. In my work bag i usually have a leatherman or knife of some kind and it could just be a piece of bad luck that someone is now in the situation of them being labelled a terrorist. Of course there is the other possibility of it actually being an attempt and if its found to be true hopefully they get the correct punishment.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Pardon my ignorance for a moment, but whats a box cutter?
2nd

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
A box cutter is a razor blade. And it passed security because security was nver meant to deter box cutters, it was to take away your freedom and liberty. The razor blade may very well be made of metal that wouldnt alert the detector. And didnt betty ong say it was a gun, and not a box cutter? Whatever was used before, the plan to stop the weapon obviously had no effect.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

Oh wow i see, yeah that is bad.

However that is a bit worrying, the last time i went through a metal detector it was picking up the buttons on my trousers!

Getting a knife through seems pretty unlikely so somethings wrong here.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
would the cleaning/maintenance staff have access to tools like the knife as part of their day to day gear? if so perhaps someone just left it behind after doing some job and forgot to put it back

but a stanley knife is hardly the weapon of choice to take over an aircraft surely

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
Pardon my ignorance for a moment, but whats a box cutter?
2nd

Stanley knife.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Maybe it was meant to be found so they have more power over security checks.

Stanley Knifes is what we call them Australia, but I call these box cutters these are cheap and nasty.

this is what I would call a Stanley knife

edit on 7-3-2012 by amraks because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join