Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Secondly...do tell how the Old Testament Prophet was able to specifically cite an exact date when the Gregorian calendrical system was not put
into place until 1582 AD much less the fact that the Catholic Church cannot even agree upon what year it is today given that estimates for Christ's
birth range a span of at least five years with the year "0" being nonexistent in all of them.
Irrelevant. You can factor in Gregorian reckoning over Jewish reckoning with math.
Here ya go, the EXACT
year of Israel's "second" regathering:
"And this whole land shall be a desolation and astonishment. And these nations shall serve the
king of Babylon seventy years." ~ Jeremiah 25:11
"Lie also on your left side, and lay the iniquity of the house of Israel upon it. According to the
number of days that you lie on it, you shall bear their iniquity. For I have laid on you the years of their iniquity,
according to the number of the days, 390 days so you shall bear the iniquity of the house of Israel. And when
you have completed them, lie again on your right site. Then you shall bear the iniquity of the house of Judah for
40 days. I have laid on you a day for each year." ~ Ezekiel 4:4-6
1. Biblical and Secular history both say the Babylonian captivity began in the springtime of 606 BC.
2. 70 years after 606 BC is 536 BC.
3. God told Ezekiel the Jews would suffer for 430 years for their sins (390 days for Israel, 40 days for Judah). They already were exiled 70 years
for the Babylonian captivity. There remains 360 years left:
“And after all this, if you do not obey Me, then I will punish you seven times more for your sins.” ~ Leviticus
4. God told the Jews previously that if after being judged they still do not repent, he will multiply their original judgment by 7 times.
5. 360 remaining prophetic years of judgment multiplied by 7 is 2,520
literal calendar years of judgment.
6. Convert 2,520 Jewish reckoned years into Gregorian reckoned years:
7. 2,520 X 360 = 907,200 days, 907,200 days divided by 365.25 days for a Gregorian calendar = 2,483 calendar Gregorian reckoned years.
8: Year 536 BC + 2,483 years of judgment that remained on the house of Israel is an end year of:
(no year "0")
1948 was the prophesied exact year that Israel was to be regathered "a second time', and they were.
edit on 14-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)
Have you ever taken a math class in your entire lifetime? You are looking so hard to find some type of formulaic "proof" for the existence of God
and why the rules of "be kind to your neighbor", "turn the other cheek", and "love your enemies" shouldn't apply to Palestinians that you are
forgetting the very basics in the big picture.
1. "606 BC" is a RELATIVE term and is dependent upon when the year 1 BC ended and 1 AD began.
2. All Bibles in existence are descended from a single surviving copy of the Greek Orthodox translations from 326AD which was the PRODUCT of The
First Council of Nicea conducted by the Catholic Church.
3. The Catholic Church themselves state that they have no idea when the magical baby Jesus was born. Therefore...NO ONE KNOWS WHEN THE YEAR "606
BC" REALLY OCCURRED. Our "606BC" would be 610BC if the birth of Christ would have in 4AD.
4. No secular source I'm aware of thinks the Babylonian occupation ever started in 606BC. Every historian and scientists account I ever came across
normally cites a time period starting in 598/597BC and ending in with the capture of Jerusalem in 587BC, given that these are the dates which are
ACTUALLY supported by BOTH Judah's Tishri-based calendar and The Babylonian Chronicles...and most importantly... the archeological record.
4. No physical or archeological evidence has ever been found to definitively say that such a figure as Jesus even existed AT ANY TIME. It's all
hearsay, legend, and myth at this point!!! I've been going easy on you and just rolling with the presupposition that there even WAS ever a Christ
which was born.
...so without even getting into the myriad of mathematical and logical errors contained in your calculations above, we are already off base by
somewhere between 19-23 YEARS AS A BEST CASE SCENARIO!!!
Now let's add in the fact the dates that your argument begins with a "prophecy" from Jeremiah that the King of Babylon would rule them for seventy
years, despite the fact that the Persians liberated Jerusalem and modern-day Israel in 539BC....thus proving the inherent fallibility of soothsaying
in the first place.
This is why religious people scare me. Ready to start WWIII defending a rogue nation because "God", bad math skills, and serious misconceptions
about the historical record told them to.
It's amazing we aren't extinct.