It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astral projection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Ok so im not sure if this is the right place to post this or not but im looking for info on astral projection im wanting to learn how to do it where to start and need to know if any danger is possible from doing this cant wait to hear from yall

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
There's plenty of threads on here already about Astral Projecting/obe.
Have a butchers on the search. I'm sure you'll find something in there about the dangers ect.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by gdmfs2200

The only danger comes from your own fear, or the shock of feeling/seeing things that no mortal words can describe. If you can stay centered and confident, nothing can touch you. Allowing something to scare you is the same as handing it power

I would love to help, but a thread on a forum is not the best place. I will say this. It will take a lot of time, dedication, openmindedness ( and once you can achieve it ) energy

I would suggest learning remote viewing first. It's less energy intensive, and less "intense" I guess you would say. Also, it is a good idea to keep a notebook next to your bed to record your dreams, or what snippets you can remember. Use small phrases. Reading something like "resteraunt cat aquarium" brings up an entire scene from my memory of a dream I had a year ago, but I can still remember it clearly today.

This is important.if you don't excercise that part of your brain you may project and never remember it, or may not be alert enough to appreciate it fully

My theory after several years of practice. Dreams are projections that your subconscious takes control of.

Just remember, you can't run a marathon without training, most people try to and give up after a week or so without even putting any effort in. If you are serious about it, you will need to grow your mental toughness and self discipline. It's a hell of a lot more demanding than people believe it is. Hell of a lot harder to teach too because everyone has different visualization and techniques that work best for them

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Monsatan

can you post some links to some good info about remote viewing

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I've had many years of oobe/Astral projection, but never once have I been able to do any Remote Viewing, its very hard to do IMO. There are some really good threads on here for both, just check under the search function

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
there is so many threads about this subject. take some time and do some research

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I have to agree with the many posters who have already posted. Astral projection is as safe as the person doing it. Personally speaking the hardest part is letting go so to speak. As far as remote viewing goes I really wouldn't know how to tell you to learn, it's something I could always do but remote viewing is very much about opening/expanding yourself. I have a few exercises that I've always liked to do that work on focus and expanding but what works for one person doesn't always work for another, I'd be happy to pm them to you if you like.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I've had a question I can't seem to find an answer too. Whenever I Astral Project from my body and try to move across the room it feels as though I'm walking through something very heavy, thick air, it's hard to move fast at all. What could be causing this and is there a way to stop it so that I can truly project to other areas? I can't seem to get out of the house I happen to be in and it doesn't last long.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

I'm also very interesting in astral projection. I've tried it before and it's way harder than I expected. I tried meditating and concentrating but all I felt were twitches and a rush in my body like a chakra. I also saw the place I was meditating in and even turned around and saw my environment while still meditating. Then I started having this fear and everything went away and I became awake again. I'm not sure if I actually did it or if it was a trick of my mind. My friend and me have tried it but we just aren't doing right. Maybe we're missing something or not doing something correctly. I'd also like help from REAL people who can astral project and give me advice. I'd like advice too! Thanks.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ExploitedAliens

I find astral projecting easier to do in the early hours of the morning when your kind of forcing yourself to fall back asleep for a little longer. That's when its always happened to me. If you feel your body start having a 'rocking' motion go with it and kind of make it stronger and you can usually push yourself out once you feel your astral body able to move and not your physical one.

Robert Bruce always makes a set of good CD's that will provide tones and relaxation methods that will help you out too. I know feeling that fear you were talking about can easily send you right back to your body so you may have to work on that too.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by xBlueButterflyx
I've had a question I can't seem to find an answer too. Whenever I Astral Project from my body and try to move across the room it feels as though I'm walking through something very heavy, thick air, it's hard to move fast at all. What could be causing this and is there a way to stop it so that I can truly project to other areas? I can't seem to get out of the house I happen to be in and it doesn't last long.

Heaviness comes from being deeply calm and relaxed a sign your brainwaves are changing from beta to alpha

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExploitedAliens

I'm also very interesting in astral projection. I've tried it before and it's way harder than I expected. I tried meditating and concentrating but all I felt were twitches and a rush in my body like a chakra. I also saw the place I was meditating in and even turned around and saw my environment while still meditating. Then I started having this fear and everything went away and I became awake again. I'm not sure if I actually did it or if it was a trick of my mind. My friend and me have tried it but we just aren't doing right. Maybe we're missing something or not doing something correctly. I'd also like help from REAL people who can astral project and give me advice. I'd like advice too! Thanks.

I can't speak for everyone but a lot of times with first timers there's a moment of panic seeing yourself the first time.... it happens. Chances are if you saw yourself where you left yourself, it happened. The key is remaining calm and relaxed. Think of your body as being heavy and your astral self as light, weightless. AP should happen soon after.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
New free e-book teaches you how to have an OOBE in 3 days...,

This thread is quite wonderful and the downloadable book is very informative. Alot of people on the thread were successful within a couple days. I sent this info to a friend in the East and he oobe'd twice in a day or two, while I just plug along at trying to or coming close. I don't like setting the alarm in the night, and try in meditation instead.
I may work up to actually trying the exact technique, but the few times I did that no real results, just falling back to sleep. Whereas I got close in meditation, was actually propelling out and then my subconscious or real oversoul stopped because the little sliver we are of self, our conscious self was awake still. And I had this uncomfortable feeling of being trapped unable to project because my greater soul determined it was not allowed while I was conscious, but the thought flashed through me we never stay in our bodies when its paralyzed, that every time our body slows down in deep sleep, breathing seems to almost halt, heart beat drops, we leave.

That time in meditation, I had reached deep delta, and suddenly my breathing seemed to stop and my heart jolted and I was propelling out, now i realize that is just the slow down stage you reach in sleep where everything slows down. I also had paralysis and a loud ringing in my ears.
edit on 2-4-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by xBlueButterflyx

Thanks. I'll look into his music and listen to it while meditating. Another thing I heard was that hand motions help alot in astral projection. The Buddhism use hand signs to also meditate and I think hand usage is important. I tried various hand signals like the prayer one with both my hands together and the other one when you make circles with you index and thumb. I think it really helped me. I'm going to try it next time I wake up and listen to some music. Thanks again!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by finitydream

The way we did it was we crossed our legs and started meditating. It was on Friday night and we went to this park with a big beautiful water fountain. I think the environment we tried it in helped alot too because we could smell nature and the sound of the water sounded like relaxing music. We closed our eyes and I started counting in my mind from 100 to 1 then from 1 to 100 back. I started thinking up,up and then I felt twitches in my right arm first then my spine and then my other left hand. Next time I won't let my fear hold me back. Thanks!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by xBlueButterflyx

The best thing to do is meditate on it. Make sure you are rested before you meditate deeply, then go somewhat deep. Then once there go through the motions of your AP and picture it as clearly as you can. Just imagine that you are free to move much easier now, now that you have this new knowledge. Remind your self that you have control of flight repeatedly. Doing this will program your subconscious, (you are not tricking your mind but just training it). It wants to obey.

The root of the problem is a combination of fear of lack of control AND knowing that some things are beyond your control. Your subconscious wants control if it is trying to make you sleep so it will take any control you give it.

Know ( truly believe) that you have complete control over your self and this problem will cease to exist.

Also, this might take a few days to fully set in. Keep meditating everyday on it and it will eventually fully go away. If you see no results after the first day then go deeper in your meditations.

Hope this helps!

-Alien

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I see many of the posters already have experience in this area so I'll just add my 0.02 cents in.

I practiced for about 5 weeks doing a deep trance meditation before I could leave my body at will.
First of all you have to be able to meditate normally and clear your mind of any thoughts. Once you master that I would read up on the trance color progression method.

Once you feel you can go all the way down to very deep trance, stay there for some period of time, and then come back out of it into the waking world without falling asleep, you can be ready to project.

I was very rigorous in my "training". I would try to do the meditation every day. Never skipping more than 1 day in a row. After being able to go all the way down in deep trance to the very bottom of the progression method and staying there for hours, then coming back up, I felt I was ready to project.

So that Friday as I felt I was ready to project I decided to give it a try. During Projection you don't have to go all the way to the deepest point in a trance, going about half-way would do. The purpose of going into the deepest levels of trance was to be able to control the whole process through your mind.

So when you're ready you go half way down the color progression method, and bring on the "vibrations" that everyone talks about. At that point it should be very easy to just lift up out of your body and rise to the ceiling.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by gdmfs2200
reply to post by Monsatan

can you post some links to some good info about remote viewing

This Poster and all his Remote Viewing threads are very thorough: Remote Viewing: The Data Dump on Psi Warfare

top topics

join