It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Limbaugh blasts ‘overeducated’ young single white women

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
reply to post by beezzer

The days of living in jungles are over. We no longer are living alone, but sharing common space, and along with it, end of self-centredness but a world view of shared concerns with a common goal not only for ourselves, but for the innocent next generations - justice, equality, peace, love, shared prosperity, progress and responsible freedom.

There is no such thing as being over-educated. We are still an infant species, with so much more to learn and experience, as our daily life discoveries open before our eyes. Only wilful self-centredness exists, from a sprinkling of both educated and uneducated, whom refused to share common grounds amongst the many whom are prepared to do so.

Who 'knows-it-all' but limbaugh himself, a person in a responsible position of influence, to pour scorn upon those whom seeks knowledge for progress as well as against those whom dares confront the realities for solutions of modern living courageously?
edit on 7-3-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

We don't have a common goal. Individuality (what you call self-centered) means self-determination. Fullfilment of individual goals and individual dreams.

I would encourage anyone to seek knowledge, but would caution to keep it to yourself unless prompted to share.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Thank you for your advice.

You are my brother, whether you like it or not, for we are of the same species with common goals in mind, sharing the same space - our world.

If you made a mistake, rest assured I will highlight to you, similarly as you will do to me, for none of us are perfect.

Be also rest assured, that I will only voice out, as is my right within the community we share, to appeal to your rationality, but will never force you against your own free will.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Know it alls I can definetly vibe with!

People who have all the answers but none of those answers work in real world settings! That is usually why it is up to the people on the ground to adapt and overcome, our leaders in govt are real good at making legislation that sounds awesome in theory, but when it is applied it fails miserably!

There isn't a one size fits all in most situations, theories are great, but they are often applied across the board, and that is rigid and inflexible and it doesn't lend itself to an ever changing world.

Stay fluffy man!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
reply to post by beezzer

Thank you for your advice.

You are my brother, whether you like it or not, for we are of the same species with common goals in mind, sharing the same space - our world.

If you made a mistake, rest assured I will highlight to you, similarly as you will do to me, for none of us are perfect.

Be also rest assured, that I will only voice out, as is my right within the community we share, to appeal to your rationality, but will never force you against your own free will.

You redeemed yourself with that last line

Free will is a hoot!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Rush Limbaugh has a name for anyone who disagrees with his views. I think it's ratings-driven; the more conflict on the show the more listeners will tune in. Conflict sells.

No one can be over educated, IMO. Learning is a lifelong process. True, folks do have degrees in areas that don't directly impact their career choice. But learning is itself a reward. Just like this website's motto: "Deny Ignorance."

Mega Dittos to you! It is obvious that your intelligence is on loan from GAAAAAWDD. Rush should be taken lightly and viewed only as comic entertainment.

GAAAAAAWDD and I thank you for the awesome laugh!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grumble
Santorum has already been complaining about college educated "snobs." This is what the GOP has become -- the party of the uneducated white.

Or the party of the rich. It just depends what this week's talking point is. One week the GOP is all about tax breaks for the rich, this week it appears that the talking point is that the GOP is rooting for the poor under class of those that can't afford college.

Everyone keep regurgitating the same talking points that the MSM kicks out. They're counting on you to do that so the class warfare divide and conquer strategy works. Great work everyone.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mijamija

I see it a bit different.

I don't think there is such a thing as "over educated"

An education today is more an indicator of one's ability to finance school than any real intellect or knowledge...

Actually, I’ve seen a lot of over educated people – by that I don’t mean people with a lot of education rather people who have degrees and certificates that no one in their right mind should have authorized.

Used to be an education was something for which people were screened for aptitude prior to even being admitted. Now as long as you can front the cash and incidentally Uncle Sugar does that for most everyone…you can get in.

Add to that academia used to actually weed people out in the first year or so – now everyone passes. Why, because you can take more hours – more hours = more money.

What we end up with are a bunch of people like the young man who said to my face while assigned to Army recruiting “I have a BA from University of Maryland with a 3.5 GPA – what do you mean I didn’t pass the AFAB?” (Armed Forces entrance exam basically needed to pass is 6-8th grade math and reading skills).

I explained that not only “Sir, did you not qualify for Officer Candidate School, to which you applied you failed to qualify to be a Private in any specialty including laundry and bath…(like the lowest standards in the Army).

This placed him below the 10th percentile of all test takers.

He went on to describe the academic worth and value of his degree in African American Studies…(hoe priceless is that?)

Then he filed a congressional complaint and claimed the test was racially biased. After we wasted like 300 man hours dealing with this butt-head in the end he failed it all 5 times he was allowed to retest – even orally (claiming he had some test phobia then…) Glad our Soldiers were spared his education...he'd have been a nuiscance at best, if not a real danger to those around him with the authority he'd have had.

Then there was an NCO of mine with 3 “Masters” degrees (you can get a lot on line nowadays - even free with Army tuition assistance - meaning all those degrees cost her personally 0.00) which contributed greatly to her ability to make E9; she couldn’t spell, punctuate or demonstrate any other aptitude for English or math. (Native of the U.S. Baltimore I think) That’s either spoken or written.

She was as the Senior Enlisted Advisor the person to whom others (Officers included) should turn for the appropriate wording on NCO efficiency reports and their merit… The one who was to ensure the Junior NCO’s were looked out for etc… I'm glad she never wrote mine.

LOL, I told her once after I disregarded her advice and she made a bid stink – "The day I am tempted to take writing advice from someone who regularly confuses physical with fiscal in regular and written conversation I will just resign”. See ya...

She was like many others – over educated. I say institutions go back to having some standards so a degree actually means something again.

edit on 7/3/2012 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/3/2012 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

He is just upset we pay for other people's condoms while perhaps they go unused but would we want to hear any of his solutions he would not broadcast. Think not.
Ed: I don't think he means education from the .01% as they remain on top.

edit on 3/7/2012 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Rush Limbaugh and the Taliban both on the same page on this one.

Who knew?

Young educated women are the bane of stupid controlling men worldwide.
edit on 7-3-2012 by HumansEh because: correction

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Rush is no idiot. He knows what he's doing, and what he is doing is attracting more fans. By making over the top comments like this, he pisses off liberals and moderates, but appeals to idiots, err, "conservatives." Does it cost him sponsors and funding? Yes. Does he gain more brain atrophied listeners? Yes. I'm sure he's done the math and decided acting more radically retarded, err, "conservative," will benefit him rather than harm him.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Rush is a professional political troll if you haven't realized it yet

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

One of my favorite episodes of 20/20 is one where they talk about how generic 4 year college degrees are meaningless and just add on debt without necessarily adding to your salary.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I would have to somewhat agree that educated don't necessarily mean "smart".
Just because you can sit in a classroom for years and look up answers in a book and memorize enough to pass a test don't mean your especially smart.

I have known a few university graduates that weren't much smarter than a rock. (and twice as lazy)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordGoofus
It depends on the sort of qualifications/degrees the person has, but he does have a point tbh...even if he phrased it in a way that sounded like he was against higher education.

One of my ex-workmates was your typical diplomats daughter. Spoke 6 languages (supposedly), had a Masters in Business, Masters in IT and a Bachelor of Psychology, and all this before she hit 30. We were all impressed with her qualifications and were praising HR for finally hiring a professional instead of some completely useless person that called in sick every other day and quit after a month. A few weeks in it became obvious she was totally useless. Incapable of doing her job (business analyst), couldn't keep up with the conversation at committee or team meetings, needed everything explained to her 3 times etc. The only thing she was good at was playing office politics (read: get someone else to do the work, take all the credit for it).

Blokes with a dozen degrees etc are just as bad, it isn't an issue unique to women. I know alot of business owners now that are completely ignoring interviewees qualifications and focusing on their experience purely because multiple degrees/certifications != intelligent or capable of doing your job.

Wouldn't the woman you were talking about be undereducated. An overeducated person is someone with a GED doing Rush Limbaugh's job.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Rush is a freaking racist piece of crap.

From Donovan McNabb to Whores, and now this.

He really wants to cover all the bases doesn't he?

I can't stand rambling fools that somehow manage to stay on the air so long.

He's a disgusting pig of a human being.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550

Originally posted by LordGoofus
It depends on the sort of qualifications/degrees the person has, but he does have a point tbh...even if he phrased it in a way that sounded like he was against higher education.

One of my ex-workmates was your typical diplomats daughter. Spoke 6 languages (supposedly), had a Masters in Business, Masters in IT and a Bachelor of Psychology, and all this before she hit 30. We were all impressed with her qualifications and were praising HR for finally hiring a professional instead of some completely useless person that called in sick every other day and quit after a month. A few weeks in it became obvious she was totally useless. Incapable of doing her job (business analyst), couldn't keep up with the conversation at committee or team meetings, needed everything explained to her 3 times etc. The only thing she was good at was playing office politics (read: get someone else to do the work, take all the credit for it).

Blokes with a dozen degrees etc are just as bad, it isn't an issue unique to women. I know alot of business owners now that are completely ignoring interviewees qualifications and focusing on their experience purely because multiple degrees/certifications != intelligent or capable of doing your job.

Wouldn't the woman you were talking about be undereducated. An overeducated person is someone with a GED doing Rush Limbaugh's job.

hahaha omg, that's great!

Thanks for making me laugh today!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Wow the entire Internet is covered in hit pieces on this Limbaugh fellow today. I'll have to start listening to him. He can't possibly be any worse than the Progressives hate speech. Is he as bad as Maher or Pelosi for instance. I've not listened to him in years. What about McKinney?

Both sides are doing this all day, every day. Pots calling Kettles black day after day after day.

When are you folks going to realize that both Parties are equally corrupt and both are engaging in hatchet jobs on each other. If these are our hero's, God save us. Partisans are out of their flipping minds whether on the Right or the Left. Same exact control freaks who only believe in free speech for themselves and people who agree with them.

The real bad guys want all of us at each others throats and what I've seen on the Internet the last few days says to me they are getting what they want. We The People are just as stupid as they think we are while they have a good laugh after a long day of dividing us to control us.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
This from an undereducated, fat, old, serially-divorced, white man...
Oh, I'm sure to listen to his opinion.

According to his mother, "he flunked everything", and "he just didn't seem interested in anything except radio."

Limbaugh

What does being white have to do with anything? Is "white" supposed to be derogatory in some way? Nice racist comment there.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Rush shows his Freudian slip every time he opens his fat mouth.

I'll bet he has had a bunch of negative run-ins with women who are educated and smart enough to know that they don't want to sleep with him. This made him angry and hateful. His discourse with these women always ended badly, in which they won in intellectual debates with him, and then refused his advances.

Therefore, they are all "sluts" and "over-educated". Classic psych 101.

Hey Rush, did you know that opiates make you crave sugar? That goes a long way towards explaining your corpulence.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Let's not forget what he said a few years ago about Michael J. Fox:

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join