It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Limbaugh blasts ‘overeducated’ young single white women

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Many white male conservative boomers, not just Rush, have issues with intelligent women. Hell I'm related to several of them. I think they are scared. The old paradigms are fading away and they feel a loss of control. So they obsessively write letters to the editor, pound their keyboards and convince themselves they are open-minded and can handle change because they voted McCain/Palin.

But, sadly for them, the demographics are against them. Statistics can be a bitch. They may win an election here or there but, ultimately, the world is passing them by, moving on to a more multi-cultural, tolerant and moderate future. One in which Rush will be a mere footnote in the history books. I mean ipads. LoL!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I'm not sure of your point.

I'm sure you DO know my point.

Originally posted by antonia
I don't see FlyersFan getting worked up every time a conservative commenter says something nasty.

I have over 20,000 posts here. I'm sure that if you were actually to read them all you'd see
me 'not happy' with idiots no matter what side of the political field they are on.

Again .... I find it interesting .... the right wing yutz Rush blabbers and he gets nailed (as I said, rightfully so), but the left wing yutz blabbers about God squashing His followers into grease slabs during tornados and people post 'it's his right' or 'he's right' ... I find the difference in responses interesting.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Again .... I find it interesting .... the right wing yutz Rush blabbers and he gets nailed (as I said, rightfully so), but the left wing yutz blabbers about God squashing His followers into grease slabs during tornados and people post 'it's his right' or 'he's right' ... I find the difference in responses interesting.

Firstly, I haven't said a thing about rush. He's one idiot in a sea of idiots. Sexism has been part of his show for at least 15 years. Anyone who proclaims to be shocked by his sexist remarks has never listened to his show or happens to be an idiot. I go for the latter.

As for this other guy-I don't even know who he is. I find it pretty telling you bring it up in this thread. You are defending Limbaugh. You are coming here telling us "Well you don't talk about this guy so what right have you to talk about Limbaugh". You will deny it, but all of us can see what you are trying to do. This thread is about Limbaugh not Malloy. I see you started a thread about that guy, maybe you should discuss it there no?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Please don't, you can't "un-see" Rush

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by LordGoofus

Your point about business owners having their share of idiots is well taken. (Hope I'm not one of them but who knows...) I have potted plants with a higher IQ then Rush. But I do find as somebody having looked at resume's and interviewed many people for a huge range of jobs with my firms and before my own, I worked for other companies, one would be very surprised how often people are frightened by people with brains or more experience then the person interviewing them. I seek those people out.

When I do hire people I ask them to voluntarily and anonymously to fill out a questioner about the companies they did interview at before mine, and ask them what the experience was like, what was the impressions of the person who interviewed you? And when a company did not bother to call you in for an interview, did they have courtesy of sending a "thank you for, however..." letter? Being a privacy fanatic it is indeed anonymous. God I hate when people don't acknowledge others like that.

One can learn a lot about social behavior and companies one wants to work for and by simple observation of how they treat not just their own, but applicants who "may have been" those companies one would not want to work for. I'm compiling information into an open source document on just this.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

If your point is that Rush is being treated unfairly when compared to this other guy, I disagree. All I see is that Rush and this other guy garner different opinions here on ATS... They both have the RIGHT to say what they said.

If your point is that liberal-leaning people dislike Rush and are more likely to bash him, then I would agree.

If your point is that you think everyone should treat Rush and this other guy the same, then I don't know what to say. I dislike Rush. I know his radio personality and he makes me barf. Attacking an innocent individual for her political opinion is typical of him and why he disgusts me so. I have no clue who this other guy is and don't really care what he says.

...so what? That's life on ATS.

As I said, I am not sure of your point, but you think I'm a liar anyway, so what good does it do me to post to you?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I'm not sure of your point.

I'm sure you DO know my point.

Originally posted by antonia
I don't see FlyersFan getting worked up every time a conservative commenter says something nasty.

I have over 20,000 posts here. I'm sure that if you were actually to read them all you'd see
me 'not happy' with idiots no matter what side of the political field they are on.

They are both insensitive ratings whores - but here is where I see a difference in the two quotes:

Rush had no evidence that what he was saying was true. Fluke never said that she had a lot of sex, she may only have sex once a month with her boyfriend. She may be taking the pill for medical reasons only. So, to call her a slut and a prostitute is simply a lie.

The other guy said that people were killed in the tornadoes. True? Yes. Is God responsible for tornadoes? The religious people will tell you that God does control the weather. So, in his crass way, the guy was telling the truth, not a lie. He was saying that religious people think their God is so loving and almighty, and yet He is responsible for their death and destruction. I have thought the same thing myself. Could he have said it in a nicer way? Absolutely, but that would be boring for his radio show.

I don't like or defend either man. But one was lying and the other was not.
edit on 7-3-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-3-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Reply to post by FlyersFan

Definetly a double-standard when it comes to politics. These days talking politics is as big a no-no as talking about God.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
It is not 'over-educated' or '3 r's educated' that poses a threat to humanity.

Education never ends, and is never meant for a posh lifestyle. It is to equip humanity to resolve problems, both simple and complex, so that we may progress and evolve. There is no such thing as 'over-educated'. There is still SO MUCH more that we have not learn or experience, in the course of our current civilisation.

It is the uneducated - those whom are more often, force by circumstances, denied of education, or simply refuses logic and realities that poses a threat to humanity.

Humans are never meant to be robots or slaves, to obey commands by fellow equal humans, for each and every human had been given free will.

But with free will, a power by itself, comes responsibilities to weld the power wisely, and that can only comes from education, making mistakes and learning from it to progress. No human is perfect. I doubt if you would call your physics professor over-educated in the face of continued scientific discoveries or perfect as he is still only mortal.

Limburgh is the idiot that some regular village is missing from.

It does not take a mythical 'over-educated' to realize the frailities of humanity, the common flaws we humans make. If we stupidly continue on with such flaws, which threatens human lives, then we are only being WILFULLY ignorant. As perfect as we wish ourselves to be, there will some whom may not have yet reach such ideals.

We want intimacies, and there will be those whom will be weak, and for thousands of years, mankind had grappled with it, to find the right way to leave NONE behind. We are not perfect yet. Thus there must be solutions for those whom are not a strong as us.

If we don't care as a society, but instead pour scorn upon them, it will only lead to pain, hardships and even loss of precious human lives.

We need to educate humanity more, on their responsibilities of free will. The more we learn,, educate ourselves no matter the level, pick up from mistakes the more we will progress and evolve.

Limbaurgh, a person of influence, had misled his followers and supporters. He just didn't evolve, but stuck like a hog on groundhog's day, spouting his unintelligent trash continually.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Ahh... Rush. At it again...

edit on 7-3-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I don't really know who this idiot Limbaugh is, but I'm assuming he's some right wing idiot with a superiority complex and mild antagonistic, bullying tendencies and a mild dislike for poor, working class women.

Somebody should punch him.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Rush Limbaugh has a name for anyone who disagrees with his views. I think it's ratings-driven; the more conflict on the show the more listeners will tune in. Conflict sells.

No one can be over educated, IMO. Learning is a lifelong process. True, folks do have degrees in areas that don't directly impact their career choice. But learning is itself a reward. Just like this website's motto: "Deny Ignorance."

Mega Dittos to you! It is obvious that your intelligence is on loan from GAAAAAWDD. Rush should be taken lightly and viewed only as comic entertainment.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Took Limburger off my listening list long time ago (more than 10 years or so) - around the time he started claiming to have talent on loan from god and all that nonsense.

His show used to be good now - it's mostly hyperbole and entertainment rather than effective commentary.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The questions we should be asking Limbaugh are,

'How much education do you think women should have?'

'How much education do you think men should have?'

and

'What's it got to do with you anyway, you pompous bigot?'

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Ideology has little to do with the disparate reaction. The significant difference between Limbaugh and Mulloy is one of notoriety and influence. However, they both maintain an equal right to make asses of themselves and an equal right to deal with the social and professional consequences in the free market of ideas and discourse.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
While I wouldn't target young single white women, I would say that the world currently suffers from an over population of overeducated, young people filled with too much self worth and an abundance of patronizing attitude.

Much like the government, they feel that it is their lifes duty to tell others what to do, how to do it, what to spend, how much we can make, how to live, where to live, what to buy, what to eat, how to raise our kids. . . etc.

Just my two cents.

beez

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Hey beez how it be?

I see it a bit different.

I don't think there is such a thing as "over educated"

But I do think the more education you get the more you tend to get detached from the "real world" and then when you pull your nose out of the books and spout out all the awesome theories you learned, it does not translate well with the "situation on the ground" so it speak.

Highly educated people tend to deal in theory, concepts and ideals, the "big picture" kinda like a general......but it's the guys on the battlefield who really know what is going on. They are in the middle of it, and all the theories in the world don't mean anything when you are knee deep in the heart of it.

So I don't have a problem with educated people, unless those educated people refuse to use their knowledge in a practical way. All the ideas and concepts in the world don't mean jack if you can't get your hands dirty and know how to apply them. Wise commanders listen to their troops......arrogant know it all commanders get their troops killed......as my husband always says.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
This girl kluck is an IRL troll being used the dems in order to push away from the real issue...

Hey OP heres an idea if you don't like Rush don't talk about him know why?

He's getting more listeners now that this happened, there's no such thing as bad press. Pro tip!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Mijamija

Then allow me to change "over educated" to "know-it-alls".

That may clarify it.

Regards,
beez

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The days of living in jungles are over. We no longer are living alone, but sharing common space, and along with it, end of self-centredness but a world view of shared concerns with a common goal not only for ourselves, but for the innocent next generations - justice, equality, peace, love, shared prosperity, progress and responsible freedom.

There is no such thing as being over-educated. We are still an infant species, with so much more to learn and experience, as our daily life discoveries open before our eyes. Only wilful self-centredness exists, from a sprinkling of both educated and uneducated, whom refused to share common grounds through logic and realities amongst the many whom are reasonable enough and prepared to do so.

Who 'knows-it-all' but limbaugh himself, a person in a responsible position of influence, to pour scorn upon those whom seeks knowledge for progress as well as against those whom dares confront the realities for solutions of modern living courageously?
edit on 7-3-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join