It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Limbaugh blasts ‘overeducated’ young single white women

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Rush just won't quit !!

Now he's complaining about “overeducated” single white women of all things !!

And he says "Overeducated doesn’t mean intelligent" !!

Following “sincerely” apologizing for calling a Georgetown University student a “slut,” conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh on Tuesday complained about “overeducated” single white women.

“What is it with all these young, single, white women? Overeducated doesn’t mean intelligent,” he ranted, going on to talk about journalist Tracie McMillian’s book.

Only a day earlier on the same radio show, Limbaugh had insisted that his apology for smearing Sandra Fluke was “heartfelt,” and blamed his week-long attack on her on liberals.
Rush's Ranting and Peeving

He blames everything on liberals

“I acted too much like the leftists who despise me. … It’s what we know and have come to expect from them, but it’s way beneath me.”

G-U-L-P !!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
If that's the case I wouldn't think he was talking about anyone listening to the show. Overeducation is never their strong suit

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
It depends on the sort of qualifications/degrees the person has, but he does have a point tbh...even if he phrased it in a way that sounded like he was against higher education.

One of my ex-workmates was your typical diplomats daughter. Spoke 6 languages (supposedly), had a Masters in Business, Masters in IT and a Bachelor of Psychology, and all this before she hit 30. We were all impressed with her qualifications and were praising HR for finally hiring a professional instead of some completely useless person that called in sick every other day and quit after a month. A few weeks in it became obvious she was totally useless. Incapable of doing her job (business analyst), couldn't keep up with the conversation at committee or team meetings, needed everything explained to her 3 times etc. The only thing she was good at was playing office politics (read: get someone else to do the work, take all the credit for it).

Blokes with a dozen degrees etc are just as bad, it isn't an issue unique to women. I know alot of business owners now that are completely ignoring interviewees qualifications and focusing on their experience purely because multiple degrees/certifications != intelligent or capable of doing your job.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Rush Limbaugh has a name for anyone who disagrees with his views. I think it's ratings-driven; the more conflict on the show the more listeners will tune in. Conflict sells.

No one can be over educated, IMO. Learning is a lifelong process. True, folks do have degrees in areas that don't directly impact their career choice. But learning is itself a reward. Just like this website's motto: "Deny Ignorance."

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
This from an undereducated, fat, old, serially-divorced, white man...
Oh, I'm sure to listen to his opinion.

According to his mother, "he flunked everything", and "he just didn't seem interested in anything except radio."

Limbaugh

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Is Rush still hooked on perscription drugs?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
This from an undereducated, fat, old, serially-divorced, white man...
Oh, I'm sure to listen to his opinion.

According to his mother, "he flunked everything", and "he just didn't seem interested in anything except radio."

Limbaugh

Good find !

A lot of people never knew this I'm sure.

Originally posted by Danbones

I wonder what insurance coverage HE has

I think he is the new poster boy for ObamaCare !!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

He sure sounds like it. And I saw a video of him making the "slut" comments, and he looked high.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Santorum has already been complaining about college educated "snobs." This is what the GOP has become -- the party of the uneducated white.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I wish this man would just shut up and go away. He literally makes me sick.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Rush is an idiot. But I "over educated" does indeed have nothing to do with whether someone is smart or not.

I have been in a traffic accident with a pilot (oh yeah, he flew the space shuttle!) and once saw a general not understand how to handle a simple public situation that anyone around here wouldnt even think twice about.

Higher education has very little to do with day to day intelligence.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
Rush is an idiot. But I "over educated" does indeed have nothing to do with whether someone is smart or not.

I have been in a traffic accident with a pilot (oh yeah, he flew the space shuttle!) and once saw a general not understand how to handle a simple public situation that anyone around here wouldnt even think twice about.

Higher education has very little to do with day to day intelligence.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I work with PhD's who are so dumb they can't find the door without a map. But those are the ones who have been in the Ivory Tower for life. There's a difference.

Where does this hatred for education come from, anyway? Why is it wrong for anyone, especially young women, to be well educated?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I wonder how many "over educated" people are responsible for all the frauds and failures.

Especially the public school systems.

Or the banks.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Rush is just the republican version of Howard Stern. And is just about as informative. And both have the same result, you wonder what anyone finds interesting about their show.

But unlike Howard Stern, Rush is politically affiliated. And he is handing the elections to the "liberals" if he doesn't quit.
If your own party wants you to shut up, you should shut up.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Im South African,so im not familiar with this character,but im gonna be sure to search out some video clips,maybe YT?..i can do with some comic relief ,now and then-the guy sounds like a prize a-hole,anyway.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
So when right wing Rush Limbaugh says something stupid .. he gets nailed (as he should).
But when left wing Mike Malloy says something stupid we hear shouts of 'right on' and 'it's his right'.

How interesting.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
I wonder how many "over educated" people are responsible for all the frauds and failures.

Especially the public school systems.

Or the banks.

I'm a teacher. Teaching today is incredibly frustrating because of well-intended decisions made by folks who aren't teachers.

Case in point. Two years ago our county decided to use a new assessment for monitoring reading progress. The problem is that this assessment, taken every 3 weeks, is incredibly time consuming. It takes about one hour to test each child. With a classroom of 25, that's approximately 3 days of instructional time gone.

The person who chose this program and pushed for implementation is not and never has been a teacher. She came to visit our school one day when everyone was pulling kids aside to test. She slammed our school for taking so much class time. She was the one who wanted the new assessment! Had she been even a novice teacher she would have known that diminished class time would inevitably be the result of the test.

Ugh.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Rush absolutely has the right to say this. No one is saying that he doesn't. And people are going to agree and disagree with what they say... I'm not sure of your point.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by HappyBunny

Where does this hatred for education come from, anyway? Why is it wrong for anyone, especially young women, to be well educated?

The U.S. has always been vehemently anti-intellectual. It's a very old part of our culture going all the way back to the day those Pilgrims landed at Plymouth rock. Two books for your reading pleasure (or displeasure):

Age of American Unreason
Idiot America
Check em out. I warn you the second one was written by a liberal which may turn you off completely to the idea if you just hate those leftists. He takes shots at everyone though.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by FlyersFan

Rush absolutely has the right to say this. No one is saying that he doesn't. And people are going to agree and disagree with what they say... I'm not sure of your point.

It's called "deflection". You know that. I don't even know who Mike Malloy is and I would wager his listening audience is so small it's laughable. So I should be outraged every time someone who is on the left says something stupid and mean? I don't see FlyersFan getting worked up every time a conservative commenter says something nasty. What is good for the goose isn't good for the gander in this situation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join