It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Delegate Number Updated By CNN, Hope For brokered convention Still?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
The Number on CNN Live now on TV

Newt:101
Santorum: 161 or something
Romney:404
Ron Paul:66

Hmm the way i see it Ron Paul is in still second in Delegates i hope for a miracle still.
edit on 7-3-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Hmm the way i see it Ron Paul is in still second in Delegates i hope for a miracle still.

How is life with those rose-colored blinders on?

IT'S OVER.

Game. Set. Match..

If anyone is committing voter fraud at this point, it's the weasel Paul crew trying to steal delegates. The media will not allow Paul to do so.
edit on 7-3-2012 by DaTroof because: forgot tennis terms.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

, it's the weasel Paul crew trying to steal delegates. The media will not allow Paul to do so.

Ah the typical anti- ron Paul poster
you know what? it was Ron Paul strategy of getting delegates Ron Paul wasn't trying to steal them.

And i guess you would prefer a War monger republican then in the white house i assume?

If anyone is committing voter fraud at this point, it's the weasel Paul crew
Really? You got proof of that? the way i see its the other way around, like the dead people voting for Newt or Romney for that matter.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Without the voter FRAUD Ron Paul would have clearly won mulitiple states and if he had be given the same respect as the other canidates and the same air time he would have been well ahead of everyone. I have no problem with Ron Paul using the systems rules to win Delagates... I do think it is BS the way our system is set up.. we vote for someone...which doesn't even matter, and the night the vote is in we get random delagates that go to the convention to get nominated to be the main delagates... to vote however that person sees fit... what utter and complete nonsense.. the reason it is so complicated is because it gives the Establishment the ability to rigg the system.... Just like the TAX CODE and the reason why it is such crap instead of a simple flat tax is because the corrupted MFers can work the system...

I'm so sick of the BS... everyone that is eligible to vote has a ssn... every Social Security Number should be Issued a Voter Id number.. and everyone should be able to vote VIA Internet with their own number and committing voter fraud should be a capital offense.... its really freaking simple.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Keep in mind people, that the delegate counts used my the Media are "projections," and are not legally required to be accurate.

Does anybody remember just a short while ago when the Paul companion released their tally of the delegate count? They put Ron at over sixty delegates of what the media was reporting, and they even got a goon at CNN to admit that Paul was in fact second in the actual delegate count. So, if we take that delegate count from the Paul campaign, and add to it the fifty or so new delegates from Super-Tuesday that the MSM is reporting, we can safely assume that Paul is already sitting on around 130 delegates. Add onto that the additional delegates that Paul will win from the caucus states (remember, the MSM reports the results for the caucus states as if they were tied directly to the popular vote, and in the end Paul supporters always stay behind more often than other supporters, therefore allowing Paul more delegates from caucuses than the Media results would have you believe) we can bet that Paul will end with around 140-150 delegates, possibly more.

Now, before anybody attacks the delegate count from the Paul campaign, remember that because they never called their delegate count a "projection," (if they did then please correct me) their delegate count is legally required to be accurate, whereas the delegate count of the media (what they keep referring to as "projections") is not.

Unfortunately, we'll have to wait and see what the Paul campaign reports before we'll know what the actual delegate results from Super-Tuesday were.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikem
Without the voter FRAUD Ron Paul would have clearly won mulitiple states and if he had be given the same respect as the other canidates and the same air time he would have been well ahead of everyone. I have no problem with Ron Paul using the systems rules to win Delagates... I do think it is BS the way our system is set up.. we vote for someone...which doesn't even matter, and the night the vote is in we get random delagates that go to the convention to get nominated to be the main delagates... to vote however that person sees fit... what utter and complete nonsense.. the reason it is so complicated is because it gives the Establishment the ability to rigg the system.... Just like the TAX CODE and the reason why it is such crap instead of a simple flat tax is because the corrupted MFers can work the system...

I'm so sick of the BS... everyone that is eligible to vote has a ssn... every Social Security Number should be Issued a Voter Id number.. and everyone should be able to vote VIA Internet with their own number and committing voter fraud should be a capital offense.... its really freaking simple.

Yeah, because moderates voters who make up the bulk of the voting public just love Ron Paul! NOPE!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
. The media will not allow Paul to do so.

Glad to see the media is so concerned about us and looking for our best interest and not for the ones who pay their bills like the mega global corporations.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

does anyone know of the actual delegate count i just wanted to say what ive seen from msnbc.com,fox news,and cnn news all have diffrent delegate counts to date. i am new member so i can not start my own threads yet im working on that though but if you look them up they are all way diffrent except guess who romney.coming from massachusettes i believe there is no way romney won in mass not i single person i know that votes voted for romney .no buddy like him for governor hince 1 term.what romney has done for me is make me pay a mandate penalty of 1100 dollars cause ive been unemployed without insurance for the last 8 months.when i did not seek care from a physician at all in 2011.yet i still have to pay even though i have not been to a hospital or er at all in 2011.look out usa obama care will be strengthen not repealed by romney if he wins....

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Hate burst your bubble.. but the overwhelming majority of delegates are bound to vote as the district they represent..at least for the first vote. It is only after the first vote, if a majority winner is not declared that the delegates may change their vote. All Paul supporters are hoping for a brokered convention that will require multiple votes...that will probably not happen..Mittens has got this one in the bag. The American electorate are comforted by an ignorant bliss that all is well.......

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ih823putt

I doubt that is so. So far Romney has failed to get majority victories in most of the states, plus Santorum is having his victories as well. Unless Romney can turn it around and start raking in ~60% victories in the primaries and Caucus State delegate counts, I doubt he'll be able to get the delegates needed to get the nomination

Also, keep in mind that in the caucus states the delegates aren't necessarily bound by anything. In the Caucus States the popular vote usually has little connection with the delegates, as far as I'm aware. In those states it's those who stay behind to become delegates who decide who wins what.
edit on 7-3-2012 by Darkinin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

The Right Honorable Dr. Ron Paul is alot Smarter than somne people Think . He is Calcuating to a Tee...........

Jamie Dupree Washington Insider Ron Paul on Delegate Math
7:02 pm March 8, 2012, by Jamie Dupree

Ron Paul joined many of his supporters today in dinging the news media, accusing reporters of peddling incorrect stories about who actually won delegates on Super Tuesday, as Paul vowed to stay in the race.

"I am determined to battle on," Paul wrote in a fund raising email sent to supporters on Thursday evening.

Here is part of the Paul email:

The mainstream media got the Super Tuesday story wrong. Very wrong. Again.

I'm sure you heard them gleefully talk about which establishment candidate "won" which primary or caucus Tuesday night, if you were even watching. Most Americans thankfully had more sense and switched on something else.

The fact is, just like in many of the earlier contests, very few delegates to the Republican National Convention were decided on Tuesday. Most will be decided several weeks, or even months, from now at District and State conventions - conventions where our local delegates will have a big say in who goes to Tampa.

In fact, while I didn't win any state's straw polls, my team expects me to win a plurality of delegates in at least three states, as well as outright majorities in two more of the states that have already started their process.

Of course, the media totally ignores this story - as they have consistently ignored our message, our passion, and our grassroots army.

Even more lost in the shuffle is that no candidate for President has even made it one-third of the way toward the number of delegates needed to win the nomination.

And for that reason I am determined to proudly battle on, picking up more delegates and skewering the pretensions and historical rewrites of ALL the establishment candidates – Mitt Romney, Rick Santorum, and Newt Gingrich.

And I will continue to proudly speak up for liberty, respecting the Constitution in domestic and foreign policy, and returning to a limited government that acts and spends within its means.

And I will continue to do so as long as you will stand with me.

So what does all of that mean?

It means this race is FAR from over. In fact, you could argue it is just getting started. With the decisive number of delegates still to be awarded between now and June, and with our activists swarming local and county delegate selections, you and I will surely end up with an army of delegates...

… IF we don't give up now.

I know it can be tempting to hear and believe the reports of how we can't win. Even worse, you can listen to the professional political class tell you that ideas, the grassroots, and the future do not matter. They rarely say it directly, but their message to you and me from Day One has been - if you cannot win it all this year, you shouldn't even try. It can be tempting to question whether or not all the hard work is worth it.

Well, I know it is. That's why I'm flying thousands of hours and crisscrossing the country. That's why I am leaving my family and home for weeks on end - to fight for the future of our movement and our country.

I am vowing to you today that I will keep fighting. I will fight in every convention and every place where delegates will be selected. I will fight until there is a clear winner - not because the media says that’s the end, but because the nomination has been clinched.

And by my calculations, that may never actually happen. Even if one candidate starts to rack up a clear advantage, it is unlikely he will have all the delegates needed to win on the first ballot.

And if that is the case, then the hundreds of delegates who support our ideals and my campaign (many of whom may be bound to another candidate for the first ballot or two but then free to vote their conscience), will be unleashed.

And they will hold the key to deciding the nominees for President and Vice President, as well as what the platform and policies of the Republican Party will be.

These things – and, even more, the long-term standing of the liberty movement - are worth fighting for, even when we are tired and feel like quitting.

But I cannot do it alone.

Will you join me over these next few weeks and months in pressing our battle forward?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Those numbers are off. They are still incuding a bunch of assumed delegates. There are 100 more for Romney than he actually has (Paul's official number is much lower too, but he actually has a chance of getting those delegates) the other two candidates numbers are too high here too.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

How is life with those rose-colored blinders on?

IT'S OVER.

Game. Set. Match..

If anyone is committing voter fraud at this point, it's the weasel Paul crew trying to steal delegates. The media will not allow Paul to do so.
edit on 7-3-2012 by DaTroof because: forgot tennis terms.

Oh go away, you were caught trolling red-handed on your first day here at ATS.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Santorum's delegate count is way overrated and most of his delegates are Paul's. Some of Romney's are Paul's as well.

There is no doubt Romney is ahead in delegates but to say Paul is last is pre-mature.

Proportionally, it is correct but all the states have different rules and the Ron Paul grassroots played the game all the way through, literally following the rules the whole time when the GOP bent and twisted their own rules to allow Romney success.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

When do we learn for real who these people have chosen to be delegates for? When do we get a real count?

Will there ever be a day? When they show the real final delegate count. Or will the media keep giving Romney too high of a number and that be enough to make him the winner?

Will we learn at all or will they just go to the convention?
edit on 9-3-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
How to deal do you fix election fraud?

Easy

Of Course I believe this option may be too late.

However it does set an historical precedent ...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The one person wishing for a brokered convention is Obama. This collection of idiots running against him is a dream come true. I mean really? The Republicans could not find one decent candidate to run? I mean sure they most likely still would lose against Obama but, you would not have every exit poll saying people are not happy with any of them. This is a complete fiasco with 4 people claiming they are winning. All of them are lying and spinning non stop. This is with a doubt the worst collection of candidates I have ever seen. And it seems most of America agrees. Of course on the brightside a brokered convention could mean they toss out this collection of losers and pick somebody decent.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by eLPresidente

When do we learn for real who these people have chosen to be delegates for? When do we get a real count?

Will there ever be a day? When they show the real final delegate count. Or will the media keep giving Romney too high of a number and that be enough to make him the winner?

Will we learn at all or will they just go to the convention?
edit on 9-3-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

A few county conventions have taken place already, Iowa and Nevada have county conventions...TODAY.

If they post results, we will have a better picture of how the delegate count looks like but nothing is finalized until the very end at the state conventions.

new topics

top topics

join