It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Recent School shooting shows how urgently the US needs tighter gun-control laws"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Tighter gun laws?

I don't know what the laws are in the US, but here in Australia, even a paintball gun must be kept in an approved safe.

The grandfather had how many guns "lying around"?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Yep. Time to get rid of the Second Amendment.

There are those of us who think that these shootings, aren't carried out by kids; and that eroding public support for gun ownership is exactly the point.

But of course, those of us who think that are merely paranoid, schizophrenic conspiracy theorists. Pay us no mind.

After all, everyone knows that there is literally no price that should not be paid, no expense that should be spared, no sacrifice of liberty that should not be made...in order to protect the children.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I don't own a gun, don't really plan on it anytime soon... So I guess I can't really comment on how difficult it is in the first place to own a gun/guns.

The grandfather had so many guns laying around, that he didn't notice till after the fact?

I'm not an advocate for banning guns in homes, I understand the "if you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns" argument. However, if this boy was so easily able to access his grandfathers "arsenal", I think that's some of the problem right there.

I think gun owners DO have a responsibility to not leave guns in easy access areas, and make it difficult for someone to get their hands on a gun without permission. It's a tough call, because I know, you can only do so much but at the same time, from the sounds of it, TJ Lane didn't have much trouble getting access.

So, perhaps people should be held more accountable in how they store their stockpile of weapons, but I can't see this as a reason to outlaw guns. I think raising a more stable generation of kids is a better starting point.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I am fairly sure that in this case, especially after reading about his home life; it would be more effective to have stiffer controls on procreation than gun ownership.

Clear to me the two "parents" (loosely applied) had no business making child. Doomed from the start as are some many others. I'd honestly rather there be a test and class for a parenting license than for one to carry a gun.

It would solve more problems.

That said; I am really for nether of those options (more gun control or procreation control) as long as the taxpayers don't have to underwrite people's bad choices with more social programs - there is a word for that, I think its enabling.

You don't give heroine addicts needles or serial birth moms more money and expect them to change their behavior.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
This article from the OP is sooooo illogical and full of holes.
look kiddies........if we take away guns, people are still gonna get knifed, beaten, waffle ironed, you name it.

GUN CONTROL DOESNT WORK, it just puts more people who follow the law in harms way of those who do not. And just knowing the police response times in these cash strapped towns........they aint findin mine......

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
How would gun control have helped? It is already illegal for the kid to own a gun, it is illegal to carry it on the school grounds, it is illegal to shoot people, yet this still happened. Someone needs to explain to me exactly how one more law would have made it any different? The shooter already broke any number of laws, including committing murder (or attempted murder at least), so how would some gun control law make any difference.

AND, tell me this, if someone is intent on going to a school and murdering people, at least a gunshot rings out as a warning. What if this were just a 6 inch, silent blade? He could walk around shanking people for awhile, without causing the mass panic, and with much more stealth. So, without guns, we could still easily have a mass murder situation, with even less warning, but no less lethality!

Now, I can tell you a real solution. Arm the teachers! If a shooter walks into a school and starts to shoot, and a dozen properly armed and trained people immediately take him down, then lives are saved! And don't give me the illogical argument that armed people will shoot haphazardly and kill bystanders. Where is the evidence that any lawful gunowner has ever shot wildly into a crowd? It doesn't happen. So, the answer is exactly the opposite of the article's title! The answer is MORE GUNS!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
It is not my opinion... and for what it is worth, I don't agree with it.

I posted it because I see a trend lately where media portray gun ownership negatively and I still to this day cannot believe Australian People surrendered their guns. All it took was Pt Arthur and it changed the opinion of People.

That absolutely amazes me. How the hell did one event bring about such a radical change?

I do feel that there is an agenda to disarm or disempower the People of the US.

All I can say now is "don't fall for the hype and do what the Australian People did"

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
After all, everyone knows that there is literally no price that should not be paid, no expense that should be spared, no sacrifice of liberty that should not be made...in order to protect the children.

If you think like that, kiss all your freedoms goodbye...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This past event and the current event reeks of the old psychological operation "Problem-Reaction-Solution". In this new Sandy Hook shooting notice how the MSM now completely ignores the 2nd shooter/accomplice who was reported in initial broadcasts. Only alternative news sources still report about the 2nd shooter/accomplice. This same type of anomaly of the "vanishing 2nd shooter" took place with the Jason Holmes "Batman" theater shooting. Both events reek of an intelligence operation. Think about it, MK-ULTRA was never abandoned, it was too successful. Also, notice how the Holmes shooting took place not long after the UN Gun Ban Treaty was being discussed, since then, a string of smaller scale gun murders repeatedly shilled by the MSM, then, the revelation of Sen. Diane Feinstein's plans to push a weapons ban, afterwards the ew Connecticut school shooting.

I have an agenda you find unacceptable.

I engineer a problem related to my agenda that has a direct negative impact on you

As a result of the problem, you react emotionally and irrationally, failing to think critically

I step in and offer you the solution to the problem I created

You accept my solution

My agenda has been fulfilled.

www.petition2congress.com...

www.petition2congress.com...

edit on 16-12-2012 by SenseSensibility because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join