It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do We Really Love Our Pets?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

I guess it depends on how tall you are.
She is fairly small. 14.5 hands.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Wonderful pics of everyone's pets!!!! Where are the cat people???

I always had two or three cats at a time and numerous other pets over the years. Now all I have is a turtle and a rescued persian cat. She is all white with big blue eyes and is deaf.

We named her Straya only because we didn't intend on keeping her at the time and the vets needed a name for her. LOL We already had two other cats and were hoping to find her a home. Poor little thing was found near our place of employment sleeping in the dumpster!
She was terrified of everyone and everything. She would hiss and growl like a wild couger. With much time and patience, she became the sweetest most loving little kitty. We never did find her a home but she became a part of our family. A decision we never did regret.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
Wonderful pics of everyone's pets!!!! Where are the cat people???

Right here!

I can't imagine living in a house without a cat. We recently adopted a kitten on Sept 11th of last year. her name is Muffin.

Here she is with one of our fish we recently got by accident.

We've recently moved them up to a bigger tank and added a few more and a sucker fish.

My other cat is 13 years old and we've had her as long as we've been married (she's camera shy). Her 2 brothers, who we got at the same time have since passed away but, we still miss them.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

As humans we might project certain personality traits onto our pets, but at the end of the day there is an absolute love and relationship to be found between man and animal. Language is not the only form of communication available, and having a loved pet is such a wonderful gift as it allows us to communicate on a whole different level. There is such an honesty in the love between a pet and person, and there are soooo many emotions that can be shared.
There are some people that say it would be great if our pets could talk, but really, would it? They already talk to us in their own unique and special way, and forming a relationship means learning this secret language. Ultimately a pet is a friend, an animal that understands us as we understand them. Any friendship in life is to be treasured, because if it is suddenly taken away only then do we discover the great hole that is left in our hearts and lives.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Muffin is beautiful!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

Muffin is beautiful!!!!!!

Agreed...muffin is beautiful....so where are the pics of yours Night Star...would love to see them!

Cat lovers are welcome to post pics too!

edit on 8-3-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neysa
reply to post by jerryznv

I guess it depends on how tall you are.
She is fairly small. 14.5 hands.

I was thinking she looked like a 16+ hand pinto....might make a decent heading horse...but at 14.5...maybe cutting is her business...either way she is handsome!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join