It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do We Really Love Our Pets?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
We can say that we really love our pets...but do we?

I suspect that we do...they're members of our home...our family...and (in the interest of our neighbors) occasionally members of the general community!

So do we actually love them...as family....I think yes...absolutely we do!

As a child growing up....who didn't feel for lassie...and want a puppy...and then understood the pain of losing a friend at the end?

My wife and I have made a life long commitment to owning pet's (and my wife brings home some strange one's)...but they seem to fill some part of my person...that people don't....(no offense to people lovers)!

We have a dog...a cat...a fish...hamster....a ferret...and they are free to be friends (and they are)!

So...starting this thread...I thought I might invite some of my fellow ATS'ers to share their pet experiences too...and a picture or two...or three if you wanted!

Some of you have already seen this...but this is me and Hitler...he's my boy!

He seems to like baby's just fine....

My wife and I spend a few days a week at our local animal shelter (that does not put animals down and instead finds foster parents) walking dogs...feeding kittens...sharing stories...etc...because we know that there are good homes and loving people out there willing to take each animal as they come!

So ATS'er...share your stories...and you pets...and I'll post some of my wife's steer (yep...we have one of those too)...and we named him a couple months ago.

edit on 7-3-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
You named your dog Hitler?

That's awesome.

I have this one cat who is 18 years old now. For the past 17.5 years, he has missed the litter box 99.5% of the time, sometimes by miles, and I am charged with cleaning his numbers 1 & 2 off my carpets and floors for almost 2 decades now.

Do I love my pet? I love animals, but I hate this filthy disgusting beast mongrel, he is from Hell, and he is going to live forever I just know it!
I don't really hate him, I just hate what he does to me and my homes. There is no training him, there is nothing I haven't tried, he is retarded and there's nothing I can do but be his slave. Of course, he's a black cat on top of it.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

You named your dog Hitler?

Yikes...I must be a racist or something right?

Ya...he is named after his grandfathers middle name....so he came by Hitler quite innocently...but in all fairness...big name for a little dog!

Absolutely beautiful cat...black or not...and I sympathize with the not house broken part...all of ours know that duty gets done outside (until my wife brings a new one home)!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

Holy carp batman!!, Hitler on a lil Daschund, I love it.
I imagine he rules the house with an iron fist too if he has standard Daschund syndrome (I AM ALPHA HERE!!).

I've had a few of them and they are awesome dogs, a bit stubborn but they are a family dog.
Years back I had a total of 5 dogs at one point, 2 daschunds a sharpei and 2 pits.
They would all concregate in the bedroom, hall or livingroom.
When a noise was heard it was like watching fighters scramble off the deck of an aircraft carrier.
Single file with the smallest, fastest taking off first, and to watch all of them file out of the doggie door with such precision was a sight to see.

I called them "the US Dog Force".

I have 2 dogs now but would love to increase my pack back up to a large number as doggies rock!
Hitler, I love it.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
It is interesting to wonder if we make the same sort of connections with animals as we do with people. I suspect it varies personally widely but I, myself can't seem to make much a distinction. Though saying that I think it also depends on the animal too, i'm not one who feels a deep and instant empathy for all things, though such feelings I think can develop over time.

A couple of months back me and the other half got ourselves our first dog together, which is pretty amazing as the other half has spent the majority of her life being scared of dogs. After some years of trying to get her used to them more (through my sisters dogs etc.), she is really good with ours now.

He's often a pain in the arse and can show you up at any oppotune moment but still, there something about him. I do like the way animals seem to not hold grudges, something I am not so adept at.

This was us yesterday:

edit on 7/3/12 by Okandetre because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

you ain't the only tattooed mahfuggah who likes to chill with his doggie on the couch!
meet Hermes...my blue heeler!

and this is what i wake up to every morning bro!

edit on 3/7/12 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Hitler's a cutie.

I don't know if I would actually use the word, "love".... Aw, heck yes I would! I LOVE my dogs!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Okandetre

Jeez...what a beautiful dog!

I imagine you have you hands full at times!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I don't know if I would actually use the word, "love".... Aw, heck yes I would! I LOVE my dogs!

Ya...it's okay...we can say love when it comes to our pets!

Him / Her...is smiling for you...awesome!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Well, my husband and I have been married for 20 years and never had 2-legged kids, so our 4-legged companions are the closest thing to children that we'll know. Zoie the cat has been with us since the year of our marriage. She's getting a little unsteady in her old age, but she's hanging in there. We have 4 dogs and 3 cats. And we LOVE them all.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
No coffee made for you?

I grew up on a ranch and my dad had a couple blue heelers (and a red one at one time)...lots of energy in those dogs!

and this is what i wake up to every morning bro!

edit on 3/7/12 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

Yeppers...tatt'ed up and chilling is just fine!

edit on 7-3-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Well, my husband and I have been married for 20 years and never had 2-legged kids, so our 4-legged companions are the closest thing to children that we'll know. Zoie the cat has been with us since the year of our marriage. She's getting a little unsteady in her old age, but she's hanging in there. We have 4 dogs and 3 cats. And we LOVE them all.

Wow...a 20 year old cat...that is definitely neat!

I can imagine that she (Zoie) is getting a bit unsteady...I'm not sure what that is in human years...but it has to be getting really old!

We had a wiener for years before Hitler...and he passed...so Hitler is the newest member of the family at 10 months old!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Hitler will sit pretty occasionally (for the right treat)!

And here is Hitler and his sister (shhhh...neither knows whether it is a cat or a dog)!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
EXCERPTS FROM & DOG & CATS DIARY:
www.wildsidecartoons.com
Excerpts from a Dog's Diary*

8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!
9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!
9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!
10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
12:00 pm - Lunch! My favorite thing!
1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
5:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!
7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!
11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

Excerpts from a Cat's Diary*:

Day 983 of my captivity. My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre
little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the
other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Al
though I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I
nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.
The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an
attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet.

Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their
feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it
clearly demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely
made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I
am. Bastards!

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was
placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However,
I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my
confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what
this means, and how to use it to my advantage.
Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my
tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try
this again tomorrow -- but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches.
The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released - and
seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded. The
bird has got to be an informant. I observe him communicate with the
guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My
captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell,
so he is safe, for now..........

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Present circumstances do not permit me to afford to keep animals, but there was a time when I used to search on my property for a sign written in dog or cattalk that told them I was running some sort of hostel for strays. People used to dump them near my home in the coldest days of winter, can you imagine? And yes, I have loved them all, although one cat renamed Chaos was a real challenge. Lovely pics everyone!

edit on 7-3-2012 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

Oh my gosh...that is too funny...I am still laughing!

"He must be retarded."....Ahhh....jeez...funny...funny!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface

Present circumstances do not permit me to afford to keep animals, but there was a time when I used to search on my property for a sign written in dog or cattalk that told them I was running some sort of hostel for strays. People used to dump them near my home in the coldest days of winter, can you imagine? And yes, I have loved them all, although one cat renamed Chaos was a real challenge. Lovely pics everyone!

edit on 7-3-2012 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

Sometimes I think there might be a sign around my wifes neck that says we are running a hotel for strays too...only everyone else can see it and I can't!

Like you though...we love them all...every single one...and eventually we find a good home for the strays!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Here is Bart...(short for Bartholomew)...my wifes steer as promised!

1194 lbs...of beef on the hoof!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I believe I met Hitler in the funny pics thread. Adorable!

We definitely love our pets. Most of my pics are too large for ATS and I don't know how to re size but here is Artax. She is 7 years old and we love her very much. We currently have 5 cats, 4 dogs and 10 chickens. That number is subject to change frequently because a-holes from the burbs keep dumping their pets out here. Scuse my french.

edit on 7-3-2012 by Neysa because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-3-2012 by Neysa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

Healthy looking pinto!

She looks tall to me!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join