It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religions Are Gangs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo
What do you mean again? Obviously dolphins have never walked, and NEVER ever will.

www.dolphin-way.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I came across this youtube video that someone created and I found it quite interesting and it further illustrates my points I have made in this thread...

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I am alive unlike most of you. I've found out that religion is nothing but mind control due to the first book of the bible 3:5 and the last book 3:16. Since I'm alive and others are dead, god is illogical and does not exist, the only outcome there is to assume is that we are in a video game. This is what I've learned. I'm a user.

Reality solved.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

I thoroughly agree with you, although I am sure the term "gang" will raise some emotions here, hehe.

But in the purest sense of it, which I would simply define as opposing groups, you are absolutely correct.

There was a very simple but powerful realization for me which made it impossible to stay a christian. The simple fact that I wouldn´t be one if I were born in India for example, or China. That would be all it takes, simply born in the wrong country and voilà you´re in hell.

From a rational point of view there is no reason to choose christianity over islam, buddhism or the belief in Thor. There just isn´t.

And I would say that at least half of all the small and big conflicts that have ever existed in our history were motivated by religious disputes.

I would however, exclude a general belief in god from this discussion as that has not much to do with religion.
edit on 16-4-2013 by Nightaudit because: spelling

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

I am sorry, Sir, but saying that humans didn´t evolve from animals is like saying the earth is flat.

You are arguing against known facts. Just walk in about any good museum in the world and look at the proof for evolution. There is no way around it.

That is simply the way it is. It might comfort you that you were made in adam and eve style by a loving god and I do understand that.

But why is it soooo hard for you guys to think about god as the creator of our universe INCLUDING the facts that science has to offer? Why is that leap so impossible?

In any case, you simply cannot escape known facts. And evolution is one of them.
edit on 16-4-2013 by Nightaudit because: spelling

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

I have to get in one more point, as your lack of actual knowledge is becoming more and more clear.

A lot of mammals (including humans AND other animals) do display a quite advanced social behaviour, especially dolphins.

But there is not much use in arguing with you, as you obviously prefer to base your arguments on, well.. your imagination I would have to say. That is why it is almost impossible to argue with religious people. You confuse science with religion. You think it is just another belief system which you can either believe in or not.

The truth is that you do not seem to understand the scientific method and what it means. Your arguments make that rather clear.

And again, a belief in god does not exclude accepting scientific fact at all. A belief in a certain religion might though.

Am I right in assuming that you are a christian? Why not be a muslim or buddhist? Why not pick one of any of the hundreds of different beliefs that have existed over the last thousands of years.

And yes, there were religions before christ as well? How does that fit into your world view?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I really think wiki explains it well:

Religion is an organized collection of belief systems, cultural systems, and world views that relate humanity to spirituality and, sometimes, to moral values.[note 1]

Its what the people choose to talk about, believe in, follow, and it grows and grows

edit on 23-4-2013 by guidetube because: sp

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by guidetube

Yup! Just as every street gang have their own set of rules, religions have them too!

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Funafuti
reply to post by guidetube

Yup! Just as every street gang have their own set of rules, religions have them too!

Yep, and if you're not one of them, then you're against them...

Not you personally... oh you know what I mean...

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nurelic
us vs. them
our side vs. their side
right way vs. wrong way
our religion vs. their religion

I ask all of you... What is your take on religion?

Well, I suppose I'm not your typical religious zealot...but I disagree with your opinions.

Although I do suppose I agree...to an extent. I would venture to say a large portion of "religious" individuals today do place a divide between themselves and other groups...christian fundamentalists and islamic extremists are two prime examples...But then again, I also believe most "religious" individuals are only mouth-service believers and not true followers....they are "hearers of the Word and not doers"....

However, I personally, and many others I associate with, do not now or will not ever place a divide between "us" and "them". We are all humans and there should be no distinctions. Just because I have a belief does not make me any better or worse than someone who does not hold that same belief...

That being said, regardless of whether I stay peaceful or not...division still happens, even in my life. Because I am a free-thinking open-minded Christian, I have lost several friends and acquaintances. There are just some people who can't associate with someone that is radically different than they are...

What we can and should do, is try our best to understand each other. Whether we agree or not, that's not the point. The point is to be able to function as a whole...and the only way we can do that is by understanding each other and getting over our own egotistical "shoulder squatter"(you know the guy on your shoulder that whispers in your ear
)

A2D

To add: My best friend of over 15 years is atheist....Who says atheists and christians can't get along =)
edit on 8-6-2014 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join