It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religions Are Gangs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
us vs. them
our side vs. their side
right way vs. wrong way
our religion vs. their religion

I ask all of you... What is your take on religion?

It is a human created thing. And well, it's quite bizarre. We seperate ourselves into religious groups (gangs), then battle with other groups (nations) with opposing views. We want to be protected by "God" or an outside force instead of gaining strength from within and protecting ourselves. We give up on our own creative imagination and instead, base our thoughts on some doctrine or bible and limit ourselves.

Most religious texts were written down thousands of years ago by people who were just trying to make sense of things from THEIR perspective. Just a handful or even one person writes something down, and then that turns into a set belief that is practiced and carried out by other people. Time moves forward and people cling to it, war over it, and kill over it.

But who are we really fighting against?... Ourselves.

If we look back into the past far enough, we begin to see that all religions are linked together. It's like a tree that grows on the Earth. Each religion is like a branch. We cling on to only one branch of the tree and say, "This branch is the right way", without seeing the bigger picture. All branches of religion are rooted in the same tree.

We all live on the same planet in one of billions of massive galaxies in an ever expanding mind-blowingly enormous universe. Enough of the us vs. them attitude. We do not benefit from it. Especially at this current time. Healing is needed. We need to heal the planet. But first we must heal ourselves. We need each other. We depend on each other. And the only way to succeed is to cooperate with each other. Communication is the key to success. Religion seems to restrict us and keep us seperated. Religion creates borders and obstruction.

Thoughts, opinions, arguments?...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nurelic
us vs. them
our side vs. their side
right way vs. wrong way
our religion vs. their religion

Democrat vs. Republican.....I found two more gangs!

IMO, A gang is a bunch of idiots who come together to manipulate, annoy, and/or harm everybody who isn't "one of them" in order to further their own agenda. So... I guess I have to agree with the OP.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Greed is often the reason for wars.

If religeon can be utilised by the peasants allowing them to steal items and money then they will gladly become a soldier.

The 'spoils of war' and 'soldiers of fortune' sums it all up.

Greed for money via oil in Iraq.
Greed for power with new precious earth resources throughout Afganistan.
Greed for control by creating world war 3 so that Big Brother can become the new norm.

Its all greed.

The sad thing is, from experience, hell definately exists and everyone with blood on their hands is going down on Judgement Day.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

My perspective on religions?

They are gangs.
Really though, I agree. Three months ago I was on the other side of the globe sleeping in a cave deep in the jungle preparing to be ordained as a Buddhist monk, then I realized there was no need for me to identify myself with and join a gang and so I left. Its funny, all the sages and mystics who these religions are created around walked away from their religion (hinduism, judaism...) for the same reasons you mentioned. Then they found what these religions claim to have the key to, and another religion was started around them.

Seeing this as true, I like what Jiddu Krishnamurti did, he started and ended every talk with, "I am not your Guru. I am not your teacher. Please do not follow me, you must find this for yourself."

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
We don't need to heal the planet, we need to stop destroying it. It was put here for us, to service us but not to be abused.

On the topic of religion, I'm a bit ambivalent. Religion has been used to start wars and justify murder but I can't say that without religion human beings would not have found another reason to kill eachother. I think most religions hinder a persons ability to think introspectively, which is the true aim of most religious doctrines; it convinces you that by adhering to these physical rituals and practices, you are God fearing or fearful of the gods.

Comparatively, I don't even have to go around the corner to find someone who's life has been deeply touched by religion. I can see good Christians giving alms to the poor, or Muslims helping a brother in need. And I can say, if a person were to step foot in my church (former) lost, confused, or hungry all your needs will be met.

Dual edged sword.
edit on 7-3-2012 by CaptainNemo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo
We don't need to heal the planet, we need to stop destroying it. It was put here for us, to service us but not to be abused.

This planet was put here for us? Uh... Pretty arrogant way to think...
We are just one species among millions of others that we share this planet with. And since we are the ones doing the destroying of the planet, then we are the ones responsible for healing it.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

Humans are at the top of the food chain. Whatever way you put it we're going to be eating something that lives on this planet. I'm not saying that every other species are insignificant, but it's my firm believe that this planet and it's inhabitants are put here for us. We're not animals or plants, we're distinct and entirely different.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

Its a form of self governance. You follow a code of ethic within religion and use it to interact on a positive level with others. Gangs rule thru control and power. It seems the base of eligion is all WILL interest based. Just some have highjacked religion for political gain and smh they WILL answer to GOD for that.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

What do you mean by, "put here for us"?

And you say that humans are not animals. Does that mean that if dolphins evolve to walk on land again, become humanoid in shape, and start up a "religion"... then they won't be considered as animals?

So at what point does a species be considered as, "not an animal"? The day it kills a member of it's own kind over which "God" said what... or it murders it's brothers and sisters from a neighboring region because it wants their oil, or perhaps when it sues a fast food chain for making it fat...
In that case... then I'd rather be an animal...

Humans are not superior to other beings on this planet. We just "think" we are...
We're a part of them and they're a part of us.

We can learn a lot from other animals. Most are much more civilized than we are...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

Your thread was a fantastic read and really deserved more credit.

Agree and agree and agree some more.

Who knows why we always have the need to segregate and label ourselves? Nothing is more divisive in my experience than the labeling of one's own doctrine as "the best and only way". Yes - the universe is simply too vast and ever-changing for that kind of definitive stance to be adopted.

Simply loved the tree analogy, BTW.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
The best way to control society is have them truly believe in you, to believe in a common ideology.

Friend of mine and I was talking about this yesterday actually. We were talking about a lot of American populace seems to truly believe that they are the greatest nation on earth, and stand by their government's imperialist decisions. Then we went back to the British Empire, and how they conquered so much, because their society was cohesive in agreeing that they were superior. And let's don't forget the USSR. Many other examples too. We all had/have strong beliefs holding us together, and that is what made all these societies so strong.

So, the power of religion today yields before the rising of economic power, and belief in the strength of god falters under the belief of strength through wealth. But in essence, it's same thing. Religion was excellent, at not only controlling people, but motivating them too. It was a way to keep people together - united we stand, but divided we fall.

Ruling through belief is far stronger than ruling through fear, or love. Much nasty as it is, you cannot deny its effectiveness. Look at those suicide bombers, driven to kill themselves and strangers because they BELIEVE it's the correct thing.

Belief such as this is a powerful and terrifying force to be reckoned with.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
We're not fighting against ourselves because there will always be an US and THEM thing going on. It's just the way we work. US & THEM. OUR side or THEIR side. It applies to everything. Even in my street, you get cat lovers or cat haters, US and THEM.
Of course these gangs come in many shapes and sizes. Some can spring up in minutes and die down just as fast. Some last centuries.
We're not all one. Religion? Bah, humbug! Yes, just another gang.
edit on 9-3-2012 by wigit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nurelic
reply to post by CaptainNemo

SNIP

Humans are not superior to other beings on this planet. We just "think" we are...
We can learn a lot from other animals. Most are much more civilized than we are...

Humans are not superior to animals? You do realise that you are now espousing a religious belief that is held by the evil running this planet, no? The ones who espouse that 90% of humanity needs to be "exterminated" in order to "make room for nature". You are therefore in a gang that has brainwashed you to believe that man inherently is no better than a pig. That's evolution for you, rots the brain and lowers you to the class of beasts that they themselves view you as - congratulations.

I'll gladly accept God's testimony in my MIND and HEART that I am created in His Likeness and Image, and that it is my responsibility to have dominion and responsibility over His created animal kingdom - that is to care for their habitat, manage them wisely, abhor cruelty and breed wisely. A function that ONLY MAN can perform.

It's ironic, but I don't think that you can see how "healing the planet" and "man is not superior to animal" is not a religion in and of itself. You've created a thread about how "religion" divides, yet you appear to hold the very tenants of the religion that worships the Earth as it's "mother".

"They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator--who is forever praised. Amen." Romans 1:25

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Religion is organized and so are gangs. Gangs fall apart when they become unorganized just like religions will...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Religion and Atheism are two extremes that wreak havoc on a genuine relationship with humanity,

God,...

and singular everything

We, us.

Nothing else matters.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

And you say that humans are not animals. Does that mean that if dolphins evolve to walk on land again, become humanoid in shape, and start up a "religion"... then they won't be considered as animals?

What do you mean again? Obviously dolphins have never walked, and NEVER ever will. Human beings are not animals, and did not evolve from animals. If you want to go live with animals, be my guest. See how readily your return, if they don't kill you first.

No, use your brain. Human beings are a sentient species. That right there separates man from wild. Human beings are capable of some horrendous things, but at the same type we're capable of guilt and remorse. Comparatively, if a dolphin attacks a weaker member of the group, other dolphins are going to join in, and when the victim is dead, nobody in that entire group is going to care.

The closest thing to sentience an animal displays is called [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altruism_in_animalsAltruism[/url]. This is when an animal appears to sacrifice one of it's needs to help another if it's species. For example, bats regurgitating to feed sicker bats. Understand though that altruism is based of instinct while altruism in humans is based on morality.

Animals are animals for a reason, they'll never be civilized....

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
Humans are not superior to animals? You do realise that you are now espousing a religious belief that is held by the evil running this planet, no? The ones who espouse that 90% of humanity needs to be "exterminated" in order to "make room for nature". You are therefore in a gang that has brainwashed you to believe that man inherently is no better than a pig. That's evolution for you, rots the brain and lowers you to the class of beasts that they themselves view you as - congratulations.

First of all, humans, animals, insects, plants, etc. are all part of the Earth. We are all connected to it. If the Earth was one big orange tree, and all the plants made up the roots, all the insects made up the trunk, all the animals made up the branches, and all the humans made up the oranges, would you consider the oranges as being superior to the rest of the tree? No, they are simply part of it. A tastier part perhaps, but they would not exist without the roots, trunk, or branches. All parts are one and the same. All parts are important and vital for the entire tree to live.

Second of all, by what "evil running this planet" are you referring? Your not talking about other... uh oh... humans, are you? I guess in a way, the "evil" humans "running this planet" are like a parasite huh? Destroying and "exterminating" other humans. Oh wait, aren't parasites supposed to be ranked much much lower than humans? I thought humans were superior though? Are you trying to say that parasites are equal to humans? hmm, interesting how a much "lower lifeform" can have such a strong affect on a superior one... It is because humans are not seperate from parasites, they are a part of them because both lifeforms are a part of the Earth.

Third of all, the brain-rotting being done is by members of religious groups who need someone or something (i.e. "God", a bible) to show them how to live their lives, instead of deciding for themselves how they want to live. Choosing to limit themselves and follow a path used by others instead of leading their own.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

Eliminate religion from Your Life.

Using your Wisdom, establish your relationship with Our Creator.

Peace be with You

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

Thoughts, opinions, arguments?...

Thought: This member is spot on and gets it! Hallelujah! s/f/

Opinion: I agree wholeheartedly, and am responding only to bump your thread. Thanks.
Argument: None.

Only a thug would argue!

I believe "organized religion" should be abolished.

One's relationship with the Creator or One Source or Divine is a personal journey. Some folks can help others get it, but no "church" is necessary. Some folks can't (won't) be helped at this point.

But your statements are, as far as I can tell after much deliberation: The Truth. Is seems so simple. It is so simple. Yet most cannot see.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Gangs and their sheep..

<<   2 >>

join