It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nothing like a head on collision with a Mazda RX8 on a sunny afternoon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Well I probably had the scariest moment of my life EVER today.

I was on my way to my friends house for a nice girls evening when some young kid in a Mazda RX8 decided to hop the median and hit me head on. I am fine let me say that...well as fine as fine can be in this situation. I basically could have died today and it's kind of freaked me out slightly.

I knew the car was gonna hit me. I saw it go over the median and it's only direction was my way. I had no way to turn but go straight. I just braced myself and tried to slow down so it lessened the impact. I was going between 30-40 when he hit me but i don't know how fast his car was sliding when it hit me, head on. I didn't see the car myself but I was told the front end is smooshed to the engine. I was driving a Nissan Altima not my Mustang. They said if I had been in Mustang it would have been worse or I could have died.

That is what freaks me out to be honest. I only had this car because I had to take some things home the other day and my car is too small so I took my fiancee's car. I would have been in my car if I hadn't taken shelving home the other day. I was returning this car for mine tomorrow.
When I saw that car coming at me I knew it was gonna hit me and I remember saying a few choice curse words then that was it. I really didn't know what to expect til after he hit me.

I feel ok, kind of sore and achy but that is to be expected. My arm got nailed by an airbag but it will just bruise badly. My neck area from the seat belt and air bag is sore and it has that seat belt burn...also uncomfortable. I keep accidentally scratching it
My knee is really sore as well which I will get looked at. My stomach is just sore from being hit by an air bag or basically getting punched by one.

The driver of the other car was 19 and seemed to be either on something or drunk. I'm going with pills, very popular here in Florida and also the cause of various accidents AND deaths already. I wanted to smack the kid, he could have killed me, himself or someone else. What was he doing with that car in the first place. He couldn't speak properly and kept changing his story on what he drank or did that day each time someone asked him. The cop said in not so many words he will be charged. He was still there and with a room of cops when I left.

So my girls night turned into an afternoon at the ER....

This has been a really weird day....and my mind just won't stop going.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Well...your Guardian Angel was working overtime. Good thing too. So, glad you are doing OK, considering the severity of the accident. Would be a horrible loss to ATS should you have left us.......I know that sounds selfish, it's just the way I feel about you Girl Friend.

Prayers for Healing and Well Being...

Des

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Get your neck checked out. I was hit by an uninsured driver a few years ago and refused medical attention because my anger and adrenaline didn't let me feel the true nature of my injury. Now I deal with neck pain on a daily basis, and while medication helps, it's still something I will deal with for the rest of my life.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Chances are that they told you that it could have been worse for you in the Mustang is because people tend to be more aggresive drivers in sports cars. Your Nissan lends to a more sedate type of driving.

I stepped away from muscle/sports cars in the eighties due to my driving habits in them. I did have fun, but I could see where it would eventually lead...besides high maintenance costs.

I always buy a 4X4 nowadays, partially because I know they don't handle like a sports car and partially because they are useful as well.

Hope you feel better soonest. It's no fun debating someone who can't concentrate because of the pain they are in.

edit on 7-3-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Crazy story! Glad you are safe though, thats what matters

Reading the OP gave me a flashback when I got hit by a car while on my bicycle a couple of years ago. I was crossing an intersection and the guy didn't want to miss his chance when the light turned yellow. The sight of an incoming car speeding towards you and knowing its absolutly going to hit you....your mind goes blank.

First thing I did when I came to and went back on my feet was grab a huge chunk of the front bumper laying beside me and told the driver ''I think this belongs to you sir'' ...obviously high with adrenaline.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Glad to hear you're basically OK. Count your lucky stars and rest assured that that young man won't be doing that again soon.

I know exactly how it is. My brother-in-law and I were hit head on. We were lucky no one was injured. We had seat belts, but air bags weren't common at the time.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Sorry that that happened to you, mblah, wish it hadn't.

My prayers are for you right now.

Sounds like you're going to be okay after you relax a bit.

Reminds me of the little old lady, 84 years old, who ran the stop sign and t-boned me in 1997.

I'll save the story for another time but my Nissan King Cab was totaled due to her negligence.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Thanks SKL

Yea I had an 83yr old man hit me 10yrs ago in my Cavalier while PULLING into my driveway....Totaled my car cause of where he hit it. I was so mad! This time it was an irresponsible teen who will more than likely go to jail.

Im just really sore today....gonna soak later though

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
wow scary. Make me think about all the times I have almost died. The weirdest one was when I was 14 got drunk and drove my Dad's car into a ditch going 65 head on. The car was smashed but Toyota's are safe cars. I just got a black eye and bruised ego..sometimes I think that life continues in this realm for me but in others I have had many funerals. Live and learn right? I am a very safe driver nowadays, not a ticket in over 8 years.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Wow, sorry to hear you went through that Mblah. It must've been terrifying at the time!

Glad you're ok though, that's really good to hear at least.
edit on 7-3-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I'm so glad you're okay, now to mend your psyche from such a trauma.
*gentle hug*

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Well...your Guardian Angel was working overtime. Good thing too. So, glad you are doing OK, considering the severity of the accident. Would be a horrible loss to ATS should you have left us.......I know that sounds selfish, it's just the way I feel about you Girl Friend.

Prayers for Healing and Well Being...

Des

Thank you Destinyone

I sure do have a Guardian Angel. Never really had an experience like this. It was very scary though. I haven't seen the car, didn't really care to at the time. I just wanted away from all cars at the time.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
Get your neck checked out. I was hit by an uninsured driver a few years ago and refused medical attention because my anger and adrenaline didn't let me feel the true nature of my injury. Now I deal with neck pain on a daily basis, and while medication helps, it's still something I will deal with for the rest of my life.

Awe sorry to hear that.

Yea I was referred to a knee and back doctor. My knee is bothering me and so is my left side of my back/shoulder area. It took the brunt of the impact.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Holy Moly mblah...I'm glad to hear your okay!

What a scary thing to have happen...I've been in a few wrecks and they are surly not fun!

Wow...just wow...very good to hear you are okay though!

Now where is your newest recipe?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Chances are that they told you that it could have been worse for you in the Mustang is because people tend to be more aggresive drivers in sports cars. Your Nissan lends to a more sedate type of driving.

Yea and that is why I pay higher insurance rates lol I love my Mustang but I treat her like a lady

It would have been worse cause of the design of my car and the placement of the airbags right IN my face. I can't even see over my steering wheel on my car so that would have been much worse.

I stepped away from muscle/sports cars in the eighties due to my driving habits in them. I did have fun, but I could see where it would eventually lead...besides high maintenance costs.

LOL boys and their toys

I only have a V6 mustang. I know not to have a GT or higher I might feel tempted to be a NASCAR driver
Seriously though more people should be careful with these types of cars. I know quite a few people who have caused accidents showing off in some fancy sports car. If you can't handle the car you shouldn't be driving it. Im not sure what happened with this guy, like i said more than likely he was on something and lost control. I guess I'll find out eventually his side...

I always buy a 4X4 nowadays, partially because I know they don't handle like a sports car and partially because they are useful as well.

I never cared for trucks or suv's cause Im too small to drive them usually lol but now I'll take a huge truck. I've always had little cars but now I think I want something bigger and higher off the ground. Even though I wasn't in my car I still want something safer now.

Hope you feel better soonest. It's no fun debating someone who can't concentrate because of the pain they are in.

edit on 7-3-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

Thanks

LOL hey the pain meds might make my debating a little fun! lol

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

Awe thanks!

Tinkerbell
My fiancee calls me Tinkerbell cause I'm always buzzing around the house and won't sit still lol

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv

Now where is your newest recipe?

It was in the car

LOL Jk...Im actually making some Italian cookies this weekend...CHOCOLATE is involved

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
So glad your ok mblah, the accident hasn't effected your sense of humour

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
So glad your ok mblah, the accident hasn't effected your sense of humour

Thank you

LOL that is what everyone has been saying.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Glad you're ok mblah.

Just another story to add to the experience of life.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join