It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the GOP ticket be Romney/Bush?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I think everyone will agree after tonight its absolutely certain that Romney will get the GOP nomination, he does looks the most "presidential" after all...

So what republican politician will be selected to be his running mate in your opinion? There was so many attacks from the other candidates I think they are automatically out, and their supporters will never accept the other group.

The media has already started planting the seed of Jeb Bush in Americas head, I think the GOP could believe it or not successfully use the Bush name to reunite the party.

Its going to either make or break the GOPs chances, the whole election rests on this choice.

So hypothetically who do you think it could be?

also:
Any chance you could see Ron Paul as a 3rd party?
Hillary and Biden switching roles?

(The country is screwed anyway and nothing will change Obama/Romney are the same person im just curious of ATS's opinions)
edit on 7-3-2012 by drock905 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by drock905

RP will be Independent, like '08, but will not garner enough of the vote to matter.

As for GOP, who cares? Romney/Bush sounds likely.

link   
If Romney wins the primaries, he will bow down to Obama for a cash payment or something similar. This is the most likely option.

If Rick Santorum wins the primaries, Obama will rip him to shreds in the debate season. Rick Santorum has heart but he is too inexperienced to deal with the Washington politics.

Newt Gingrich is too radical and controversial to gain popular support.

The system will not under any circumstances allow Ron Paul to win. This includes using death threats and assassination attempts.

link   
If Romney wins the primaries, he will bow down to Obama for a cash payment or something similar. This is the most likely option.

If Rick Santorum wins the primaries, Obama will rip him to shreds in the debate season. Rick Santorum has heart but he is too inexperienced to deal with the Washington politics.

Newt Gingrich is too radical and controversial to gain popular support.

The system will not under any circumstances allow Ron Paul to win. This includes using death threats and assassination attempts.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I think Rommey cut a deal with Huntsmen. So I think that could be a likely combo.

Ron might go independent though I don't know for sure. Theres still that delegates thing going on, so I'm not going to make a call in till I see how it all pans out.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I don't think Romney will risk being associated with Bush, any Bush, even the sensible and well rounded but poorly named Jeb. I have heard that Governor Christy might consider a VP position and if so I think he should and might be the running mate to beat.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
To answer the OPs question: NO WAY!

I don't know who he will pick but it won't be Jeb. I do think Obama will dump Biden for Hillary.

I started a thread the other day about Mitt's possible VP choices:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7-3-2012 by jrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Definitely a possibility.

Here are my top 3 predictions, in order of likelihood: Romney/Christie, Romney/RandPaul, Romney/JebBush.

Romney/Huntsman is also a possibility, but I think that would be a mistake on Huntsman's part.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Holodomor

RP will be Independent, like '08, but will not garner enough of the vote to matter.

As for GOP, who cares? Romney/Bush sounds likely.

You are incorrect, Ron Paul will get enough of the Republican/Independent vote to matter. Whatever percentage he gets reduces the Republican candidate. Look up Ross Perot. How do you think Slick Willie Clinton won the election with like 40% of the vote?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
A Romney/Bush ticket would be fun. If only to watch the Bush haters go through the roof...

Huntsman is an interesting thought...I like him. Hadn't really thought about him as a VP for some odd reason.

Biden dumped for Hillary? Don't see it happening, though given that the Dems want someone for 2016 waiting in the wings...it merits some thought.

Ron Paul is, sorry folks, a non factor, other than attempting to spoil it for Romney/(whoever).

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

I don't think Romney will risk being associated with Bush, any Bush, even the sensible and well rounded but poorly named Jeb. I have heard that Governor Christy might consider a VP position and if so I think he should and might be the running mate to beat.

These are my sentiments as well. Not only do I think they will not risk it, on a personal level I don't ever want to see the PNAC cabal with executive power ever again.

An obvious strategic choice for the Romney campaign would be to pick someone from the South.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAnswerTo1984
SNIP

There is a never ending line of Bushs, bred to hold positions of power. They are Kennedy-esque in oh so many ways.
edit on 7-3-2012 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Whoever agrees to it will be either a fool or a willing sacrifice, because the GOP can't win this one. That's why all the good candidates stayed out of it -- they want to be the nominee in 2016.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I could care less what happens to He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named, he should go back to being a libertarian and stop stealing republican votes. You hate the two party system that much, then do something about it!

But I don't want Huntsman on Romney's ticket. That would be a punch in the face to all die hard religious Christians. Two Mormons running the country? It would never happen. I would like a Christie or an Allen West ticket.

I want Huntsman to run in 2016 when Romney loses to Obama. I hope our country is still around then...
edit on 7-3-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
There was a piece on some cable news show last night.
It said that Republicans are not doing well with the Hispanic vote.
And that an Hispanic as the VP candidate might help in that respect.

And, seems that if that person was also from the South

I cannot see Jeb Bush...or any other Bush... as Romney's running mate...at all.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Marco Rubio has been long thought the heir-apparent to the Republican ticket. He is basically a Republican version of Obama. Model good-looks, Model wife, Tea Party darling, Hispanic with huge support in the Hispanic community, and he is a wonderful orator. He would be a perfect VP choice, but he has a similar birth certificate problem to Obama.

He has stated that he believes he is eligible for the presidency, but his parents were not yet citizens at the time of his birth. He was born here, and his parents were later nationalized, but he doesn't meet the letter of the law. Of course, this hasn't hurt Obama, so perhaps Rubio will be the VP choice.

Anyhow, I am agreeing with you. An Hispanic would be a great choice. The two most obvious choices to unite the party are Rand Paul and Marco Rubio. If Romney chooses one of those as a running mate, he might have half a chance to beat Obama, but I think he'll go for a little more mainstreamer.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Jeb is of to much value to the Republicans to waste in this election. Obama has it locked up and the party knows it. They will save Jeb for 2016. I think he will do pretty well. He was a good governor in Florida and remains very popular in that key state. His only problem is his name. Jr. tarnished it a great deal but, if he can sell he is nothing like his brother I think he could do very well.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Better not ask me...I thought Huckabee was a shoe-in as a moderate.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Jeb's wife is Hispanic and he does speak Spanish. I seriously doubt he will be the VP pick.We'll find out soon enough.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join