It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dennis Kucinich is voted out of congress!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Kucinich was elected Mayor of Cleveland in 1977 and served in that position until 1979. At thirty-one years of age, he was the youngest mayor of a major city in the United States, earning him the nickname "the boy mayor of Cleveland". Kucinich's tenure as mayor is often regarded as one of the most tumultuous in Cleveland's history. After Kucinich refused to sell Muni Light, Cleveland's publicly owned electric utility, the Cleveland mafia put out a hit on Kucinich. A hit man from Maryland planned to shoot him in the head during the Columbus Day Parade, but the plot fell apart when Kucinich was hospitalized and missed the event. When the city fell into default shortly thereafter, the mafia leaders called off the contract killer.

Specifically, it was the Cleveland Trust Company that suddenly required all of the city's debts be paid in full, which forced the city into default, after news of Kucinich's refusal to sell the city utility. For years, these debts were routinely rolled over, pending future payment, until Kucinich's announcement was made public. In 1998 the Cleveland City Council honored him for having had the "courage and foresight" to stand up to the banks, which saved the city an estimated $195 million between 1985 and 1995.

"He was in political Siberia in the 1980s," said Joseph Tegreene years later. "It was only when it became clear to people that he was right... he got belated recognition for the things that he did."

Great deeds often go without appreciation for a very long time, if ever at all, especially when it involves an act of courage to stand up against dark forces that seek to retaliate. Unfortunately it is not part of the mentality of the human herd to look toward their future but will typically only decide for those things that make them most comfortable in their present moment. Their heros are only recognized in hindsight or perhaps more often are mis-identified in short-sight.

It is refreshing to see Kucinich, like Paul, have their strongest supporters among the young. It is good to see the newer generations are focused on what the future can bring.

Paul-Kucinich 2012

edit on 7-3-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

About time he was "taken out" the only problem is that he is being allowed to live. He could be one of the dumbest people ever to sit in congress.....a complete and total moron.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom1701

About time he was "taken out" the only problem is that he is being allowed to live. He could be one of the dumbest people ever to sit in congress.....a complete and total moron.

Posts like this are what make ATS a headache and a laughing stock...

The problem is kucinich being allowed to live?

No, sir.. the problem is you are being allowed to post here.
edit on 7-3-2012 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I hate how people use the term "liberal" on here. Just because someone is liberal doesn't mean they are bad, dumb, or communist. People have different opinions, views, and experiences with life. Everyone is not going to agree with your political views, get over it.

edit on 7-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
ATS has turned into a laughing stock web site. I only come here once in a while to see all the crap...and the whinney littles bitches and liberal morons with all their blah. blah. blah.......

ATS IS DEAD!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

ATS has turned into a laughing stock web site. I only come here once in a while to see all the crap...and the whinney littles bitches and liberal morons with all their blah. blah. blah.......

ATS IS DEAD!!!!!!!

ATS is neither dead, nor alive.
ATS is a website. A very active website with lots of contributors from many walks of life.

I see your karma is a bit low. I wonder why that is.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
As a rather devout conservative, I believe it is high time for Congressional & Senatorial Alumni to retire. I liked Kusinich, sad situation for him, Blue Dog Democrat in my book. Sadly in most states; Representative & Senatorial positions are not relegated to two terms. Which should also be in place for the Federal Legislature. It is a crying shame when those that do good work are relegated to nothing.

29INFDIV

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

It's called Gerrymandering .. but why do you think it's a Republican thing? It's clearly, quite obviously, not. Both parties work hard to ensure their incumbents stay.. but when your state wins/loses a representative from population changes, it HAS to be redistricted because there HAS to be a district to represent the people. It's not a perfect system, but it certainly isn't a Republican system.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

It's a sad day.

Kucinich and Paul are the only guys that gave a crap about real america. You don't have to agree with all of their positions to know that they actually tried to do something good for everyone.

Sorry Dennis, TPTB are crushing us all.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

ATS IS DEAD!!!!!!!
We seem to have a troll here. It's OK to engage in intellectual debate and express your point of views as such. Even if you're passionate about those points of views it's no excuse to personally attack the majority of the members of this site with names. Furthermore, to make a suggestion that anyone's life should be terminated is inexcusable.I hope the MODS are paying attention to this thread from here on out.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

ATS IS DEAD!!!!!!!

Need not worry. I doubt you'll be around here at ats,to ask why kucinich is allowed to live, much longer.....

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by GD21D

ATS IS DEAD!!!!!!!
We seem to have a troll here. It's OK to engage in intellectual debate and express your point of views as such. Even if you're passionate about those points of views it's no excuse to personally attack the majority of the members of this site with names. Furthermore, to make a suggestion that anyone's life should be terminated is inexcusable.I hope the MODS are paying attention to this thread from here on out.

And so far nothing....

I wonder when Kucinich will announce what his next move is... Thought I heard something about being a congressman in Washington?? Anyone else hear about this?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tom1701

These types of posts
really do not help the Conservative cause.
Obtuse behavior,
like calling for someone's death,
literally is the lowest of low.
edit on 7-3-2012 by WTFover because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
He lost a Primary. The local Democrats decided that. I don't get the point here? Has it reached the point you turn on members of your own Party if they don't agree with you on who to vote for?

Amazing
...and a bit sad.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Kaptur is a Jew. She will play the game that Kucinich would not play.
This was predictable. This shows the power of the Jewish lobby and how they have totally gained control over our vote "counting" process. It is a total sham, and we should be rioting in the streets.
This was a political assassination.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorLonghair
Kaptur is a Jew. She will play the game that Kucinich would not play.
This was predictable. This shows the power of the Jewish lobby and how they have totally gained control over our vote "counting" process. It is a total sham, and we should be rioting in the streets.
This was a political assassination.

OH a Jew?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Ron Paul Dennis Kucinich unite against President Obama

One can only hope...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
There is a lot at play here and I believe that this was scripted.

The day Obama came to Cleveland right prior to the ObamaCare vote he and Kucinich flew here on Air Force one.

Prior to that, Kucinich was against ObamaCare, upon landing however, he was all for it. I listened to him on the local talk radio and he sounded cowed...actually scared and defeated.

I wonder what was said to him during that flight?

I considered Dennis to be a political opponent, but I respected him. I can't say that about either side a whole lot these days. He did fight hard for his district (which is no more).

I bet dollars to donuts that Toledo will start to see better times again, while Cleveland starts to take hits...again. I'm starting to think that Cleveland is cursed.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

One of very, very few American politicians who isn't a complete hypocrite when it comes to foreign policy. Isreal and other nations made nukes "without permission" and we did nothing, now even the possibility of countries we're not buddy buddy with doing the same is enough reason to bomb and invade them? Enough reason to kill countless innocent civilians again as "collateral damage" just like in Iraq? Pathetic.

His point about America being a hypocrite for invading Iran's air space when we would not tolerate Iran invading ours is one I've tried to make myself, just to get ignored by all the warmongers on this site.

And he gets voted out..? Probably for another clone of every other douche in washington who thinks America should rule the world, at the cost of American lives and tax dollars. I'm losing all faith in this country, the people are far too brainwashed
edit on 8-3-2012 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
And it wasn't even close. He lost by something like 15 -20 points if I remember correctly

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join