It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dennis Kucinich is voted out of congress!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776
reply to post by bknapple32

*BUMP*
This needs to be on the front page of ATS. Hell, it needs to be on the front page of the NY Times. Keep this thread alive people!

I understand why the MSM doesn't make people aware of D. Kucinich's predicament, but why is there so little awareness being spread by a site such as ATS? I have a great deal of respect for the average ATS member, but I am truly surprised that this thread isn't getting more attention than it has... Talk about disillusionment!

theyd rather talk about the 18 millionth birther thread at the moment

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
Im still in shock. Why would democrats in that district want Marcy Kaptur over a guy who made more sense than most have in government??

Because the district was redrawn to force him out. The redistricting took what was district 9 and district 10 and turned them into district 9. When they did this it took the largest segment of Kaptur's district and joined it with what was effectively half of Kucinich's district. Whether you like his politics or not the one thing that can be said about Kucinich is he always looked out for the people he was elected to represent to the chagrin of corporate powers. His decision to not sell Cleveland Power even resulted in the mob hiring a hitman to take him out. One thing can be certain, he will be back.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

Definitely a plot to get him out of office. And now as a result, those residents may be left with Joe the plumber

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

This is the crux of the issue: There are many underhanded techniques used by those in power, who support the status quo, to remove people from our government who disagree with how things are being run in this country. Is one of those techniques redistricting?

This may be a blow for the United States as a whole, but it just may be a victory for my State:

Kucinich also has advocated ending the war on drugs and faced criticism when he said he considered running for Congress in Washington state if redistricting left him without a district.

Edit to add: Source

edit on 7-3-2012 by Q:1984A:1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776

*BUMP*
This needs to be on the front page of ATS. Hell, it needs to be on the front page of the NY Times. Keep this thread alive people!

I understand why the MSM doesn't make people aware of D. Kucinich's predicament, but why is there so little awareness being spread by a site such as ATS? I have a great deal of respect for the average ATS member, but I am truly surprised that this thread isn't getting more attention than it has... Talk about disillusionment!
I 100% agree. How could anyone who watched how he conducted business for as long as he has not vote for him. Maybe there isn't any conspiracy here, but it just seems a little odd that a Representative like him just fell to the wayside with little more than a wimper. This is something that should be looked into a little more. The reconfiguring of the districts should automatically send up a red flag. If I could flag this thread twice I would.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
CLEVELAND IS GOING TO BE EVEN WORSE NOW

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Sad to hear.

After this year, all that will be left is Bernie Sanders.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I am confused. There is a cry on ATS about how the "normal" guy doesn't have a chance at running for office but when they do you bash them relentlessly. Who am I kidding....ATS is no different that the MSM. Push the narrative....

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Reply to post by JibbyJedi

I know Dennis personnaly. Let me just say he was never one that I would consider making important decisions.

Need I remind you guys? The modern scene of politics is nothing more than a bunch of very flawed people seeking attention (because they have no real skill).

Politicians share the same traits as rock stars or famous actors. Not the minds you want running the country, which explains why we are where we are now and why we are doomed. That and the morons who voted for them don't know crap about anything and a large majority are dependent on the government to live (of the voting populace)

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Dennis Kucinich is the only elected one in DC who takes the possible threat from other world entities seriously. (well .. Ronald Reagan did too ...but he's long gone). I like the lil' guy. Gunna' miss him ...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Wow that's pretty shocking..

Two very Progressive candidates.. Kapur though was a what, 16 term congress critter? Pretty much a household name in the 9th district.. talk about giving Dennis the shaft.

I doubt Joe the Plumber will be able to touch her, it's a very progressive district.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Yes I would immediately vote for a Paul/Kucinich ticket. But the real reason I'm posting is to just say a word of thanks Jib. Between your profile picture and the Alex Jones master of the universe link, I truly have been laughing like a maniac for the past 5 minutes.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
That's a hard choice to make. But if you are going to lose Dennis Kucinich, at least you have Marcy Kaptur. Both excellent representatives.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Ah, one of the favorite tricks of Republicans.
Redistricting. No group works harder at cheating
and least at progress . And they seem to always get away with it.
You should see what the lines look like in Austin Tx.
The only Texas city that scares the poo out of them,
so they have to hack away at the district lines.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Gerrymander

www.propublica.org...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I am utterly stunned and saddened by this. Although I didn't agree with many of his far left policies, he was a champion of taking on corruption. Bummer.

It would have been awesome to see Kucinich own Joe The (fraud fake) Plummer.
edit on 7-3-2012 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by sealing

Ah, one of the favorite tricks of Republicans.
Redistricting. No group works harder at cheating
and least at progress . And they seem to always get away with it.
You should see what the lines look like in Austin Tx.
The only Texas city that scares the poo out of them,
so they have to hack away at the district lines.

Really? republicans?

Gerrymander

www.propublica.org...

In 1999, Obama suffered a serious defeat when he tried to take on longtime South Side Congressman Bobby Rush, who represents a district that is more than 62 percent African-American.

Two years later, with the Democrats in control of Illinois redistricting, Obama was apparently able to reshape his state senate district to his own specifications, which included drawing in wealthy supporters from Chicago’s Gold Coast.

edit on 103131p://bWednesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

I'm not American, but this man helped me to see what is really going on. He is someone whose opinion I respect.
He could be of practical use if called by POTUS to serve in the WH, yes?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
This is a real loss for the people of Ohio, but it may turn out well for the people of the United States. This frees him up to do whatever he decides next, and I know it will be honorable.

At least his small plane didn't go down due to 'pilot error'.

Goddamn the Republicans and their minions.

Joe the Plumber? Is that like Nixon's Plumbers?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx

Originally posted by bknapple32
Im still in shock. Why would democrats in that district want Marcy Kaptur over a guy who made more sense than most have in government??

Because the district was redrawn to force him out. The redistricting took what was district 9 and district 10 and turned them into district 9. When they did this it took the largest segment of Kaptur's district and joined it with what was effectively half of Kucinich's district. Whether you like his politics or not the one thing that can be said about Kucinich is he always looked out for the people he was elected to represent to the chagrin of corporate powers. His decision to not sell Cleveland Power even resulted in the mob hiring a hitman to take him out. One thing can be certain, he will be back.

and the republican governor had his hand in this....shocker!!.... the republicans want corporations to run this country and they are simply following their marching orders...why anyone who makes 250k or less a year would ever vote for a GOP candidate is beyond the scope of reason.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join