It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$1B of TSA Nude Body Scanners Made Worthless By Blog

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+45 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

This video is here to demonstrate that the TSA’s insistence that the nude body scanner program is effective and necessary is nothing but a fraud, just like their claims that the program is safe (radiation what?) and non-invasive (nude pictures who?). The scanners are now effectively worthless, as anyone can beat them with virtually no effort. The TSA has been provided this video in advance of it being made public to give them an opportunity to turn off the scanners and revert to the metal detectors. I personally believe they now have no choice but to turn them off.

The guy claims he has found a flaw in the way that the TSA's body scanners work, allegedly being able to get through multiple security checkpoints in US airports while having a metal object strapped to his waist. No questions were asked and he supposedly wasn't stopped as it remained undetected.

Source: tsaoutofourpants.wordpress.com... scanners/

edit on 6/3/2012 by InsideYourMind because: fixed video

Above link isn't formatting properly, i've shortened it here also: is.gd...
edit on 6/3/2012 by InsideYourMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I think the only thing this guy may have accomplished is giving the TSA an excuse to perform mandatory physical body searches.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Man oh man
Flag and star...
It can't be that simple can it?

WE knew the underwear bomber was a joke because of Kurt Haskel the witness to how he was placed on the plane and to the coersion to change his story from the fbi who are supposed to be catching terrorists..not helping create a myth of terrorists ...

oh well back to "Papers Please!"

Ps I wonder if mista chertoff will be refunding the tax dollars he was paid
edit on 6-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
The video recommends that the TSA get rid of the nude body scanners and go back to the metal detectors.

Newsflash: IF the passengers refused the nude body scanners THEN the TSA would have to return to the old style ones! Why people forget they are "permitting" this is beyond me.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Not to be crude but this guy has some serious balls if this is all legit. Not only are these body scanners a complete invasion of privacy but now were finding out they are completely inaffective and a complete fraud to? unbelievable. As to the man who mad this video, I applaud you for showing the truth. However i would not be surprised in the slightest to see DHS knocking down his door at any moment. Star and Flag OP this needs to get out..

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
There are a number of reasons for the new body scanners:
* They are really, really expensive. Someone made a lot of money from making them the norm.
* They get the public used to compliance. Wearing a uniform? Okay, I'll do whatever you say. I'm sure you're a trained professional and you're searching ME because you have a legitimate reason. :Rolleyes:
* They have a great potential for plausible deniability. "Oh, we scanned everyone...we have no idea how that got through."
* Public humiliation, and the avoidance thereof, is a great way to make people comply. Oh, sorry. That was point two...

I got stopped at an airport scan recently. I had an anomaly in my shirt collar. Sure, it was the stiffener, but we can't be too careful that I can't bring down the country with a shirt collar stiffener.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 0subsZero13

Chances are he will be branded as an "aid" for terrorists. I can definitely see that happening, but for any authorities to detain or fine him on that basis alone would be ignorant for them (wouldn't surprise me if they did knock his door down....), the root of the problem is relying on an insecure system to catch any would-be "terrorists" or drug-smugglers.

I've always said the TSA bite off more than they can chew, it seems to be the case regarding the flaw in their body scanners. Over-hyped detection methods without researching any flaws beforehand.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Let's say TSA sees the video and just decides to triple your exposure and have you do a turn left, turn right.

Don't want to be a pessimist but it seems like there's a simple solution to the problem and the TSA owes a thank you to the maker of this video.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Not only would it be a security scam/fraud. It's also a nuclear industry scam. Kinda like how the man adds fluoride to the water. Just turn on the taps and walk through the radiation, OR ELSE!

The NWO is at war with us and we're walking through their weapons. Man they piss me off, they already have a system of control in place and they poison us every day.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
well...german mainstream media showed how to defeat them on day one - guess why they are not common in europe...

but for all americans - move on, nothing to see here...it protects you, american citicen ^^ please keep in line, enjoy your free aspertame coke and brush your teeth with a high toxic fluoride cocktail to stay healthy ^^

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Who's to say the TSA won't just make you turn to each side and expose you to twice as much radiation???

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
This guys video is false. The machine doesnt even work like that. It takes thousouds of pictures at once and lets u dissect each and every angle. It can detect gum wrappers laid flat against a pocket with ease.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
There are 2 threads about this video, this seems to be the main one so I'll share what I wrote there in here. Can anyone tell me why I think the way I do about foreign terrorists?

Of all the infinite number of places a terrorist could target, why the HELL would any of them attempt to target the most heavily secured facilities in the country???

Muhammed - "Hey Aknad, I was thinking about maybe putting a bio agent in the municipal water supply of a major city, it's so easy too, all we have to do is climb a fence at night, unguarded!"

Aknad - "Nahhh, we should target an airliner out of LAX or Logan while our friends target the T-stations... we could take out like 300 people all at once!"

Muhammed - "Yeah but the water supply could take out 1000s and spread to millions more, no?"

Aknad - "What are you, a real terrorist or something? It's the CIA's way or the highway kiddo."

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The guy in the OP video is a disgusting hypocrite. First he complains about privacy violation by using the scanners, then chooses Ben Gurion Airport as his top authority in matters of security and what not. And at Ben Gurion they don't use scanners, and it is implied that your privacy is sacred there. Voila... Right?

Wrong.

As evidenced by any number of reports, including this review of Ben Gurion, this place is the mother of lengthy and extremely invasive searches. If you wanted to do something like this in the US, there would be an actual riot in the streets. Remember that guy, "touch my junk and I see you in court" or something?

So, duh... You can't have extensive patdowns, having complete scrutiny of your luggage down to the last toothpick etc here in the States, so you are forced to do something else, which is try the scanners. And of course, no technology is ideal, only a complete moron can expect that.

So there, you can cheer for that dude in the video, but he's just a self-important pompous fool. Yup, things can be smuggled aboard airplane. Yawn.

edit on 7-3-2012 by buddhasystem because: typo

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
There are 2 threads about this video, this seems to be the main one so I'll share what I wrote there in here. Can anyone tell me why I think the way I do about foreign terrorists?

Of all the infinite number of places a terrorist could target, why the HELL would any of them attempt to target the most heavily secured facilities in the country???

Muhammed - "Hey Aknad, I was thinking about maybe putting a bio agent in the municipal water supply of a major city, it's so easy too, all we have to do is climb a fence at night, unguarded!"

Aknad - "Nahhh, we should target an airliner out of LAX or Logan while our friends target the T-stations... we could take out like 300 people all at once!"

Muhammed - "Yeah but the water supply could take out 1000s and spread to millions more, no?"

Aknad - "What are you, a real terrorist or something? It's the CIA's way or the highway kiddo."

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
anybody remember when adam savage got through airport security with two saw blades?
its all a big show
theyre never going to stop a determined group or individual
if this guy can get something through whats stopping someone with real resources time and determination?

i say go with the chemical sniffers metal detectors and put one or two air marshals on board and you will be about as safe as is farking possible

but that isnt a huge visible display that requires submission which kind of defeats the purpose i guess

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Now they are going to want to pat everyone down :\

fail

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I know exactly what you mean, it makes zero sense. Aside from the obvious logical flaw of trying to bomb people to their point of view I really wonder at there grasp of aysemetric warfare. its like there not even trying

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Well the TSA already picked up on it.

TSA Blog Post-Viral Video About Body Scanners

A video is making its way around the interwebs this morning from some guy claiming he figured out a way to beat our body scanners (imaging technology). I watched the video and it is a crude attempt to allegedly show how to circumvent TSA screening procedures.

Imaging technology has been extremely effective in the field and has found things artfully concealed on passengers as large as a gun or nonmetallic weapons, on down to a tiny pill or tiny baggies of drugs. It’s one of the best tools available to detect metallic and non-metallic items, such as… you know… things that go BOOM.

What a bunch of goons. Thanks for putting us at ease TSA Blogger Bob.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

"such as....you know....things that go boom."
wow just wow
imaging is a terrible way to find explosives
this is what chemical detectors are for
jeez this is so asinine ive lost my balance

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join