It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roadside bomb pops Abrams

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Well, "freedom fighters" strike again.

So was it abraham or bradley?

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beast

Is there any confirmation from US Media? I think it is a remotely controlled vehicle, so there is no need for US people to know the loss, since it is just a vehicle.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng

Originally posted by Beast

Is there any confirmation from US Media? I think it is a remotely controlled vehicle, so there is no need for US people to know the loss, since it is just a vehicle.

Almost everyday Americans are being killed in Iraq. This is just another incident which adds to the casualty count. unfortunately this is nothing special about this attack, just another incident of bomb fatalites.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
That was definitely a Bradley, the turret was too small and profile to high to be an Abrams

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
the link seems to be dead, does anyone know where else I could try to get it?

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I don't think that ordnance was a Mk82. If you look at the first of the video, they have removed the fuze from the tip (the pointy side) and packed the end with C4/Semtex with probably a squib or some high order explosive attached to those wires. Also, you can see the compression band where it seals up with the bore. That is a really large artillery round!

The tank does not sound like an Abrams, but it sure looks like one. The aspect ratio of the video looks wrong though. The barrel is way too long to be any sort of armored personnel carrier like the Bradley. It is also not a Stryker because it's tracked and those are wheeled vehicles. if you listen to the sound closely, you can hear what sort of sounds like a faint jet engine type sound that sounds like a comb filter was applied or something. It's really hard to tell though, the quality is poor. My guess is that this is an M1 Abrams or more likely a Brit Challenger2 which is very similar design but using a V12 diesel engine. www.fprado.com...

We know where this tank was hit. Hopefully this video will be analyzed to determine which building they were taping from. Chances are, this house has already been leveled via F16 by now and they DO use Mk82 and 84's. Mostly the LGB upgrades installed though....

The sooner these rebels realize they aren't "winning" because they already lost the game, the better. Their actions are only delaying their HBO and CINEMAX hookup, perhaps we can end this insurgency with some creativity. Maybe even hook them up with a Shariah channel, Abaya Beachball channel, or perhaps even a "Zionist Pig Survivor" show where the jews have to eat a slice of pizza at every restaurant in Jerusalem while taking the bus to get to the next stop and not get suicide bombed in the process. Or how about a "Family Fued" show where one family is Jewish and the other is Arabic. If the jews win, they get to build a fence around the arabs and shoot rubber bullets at them (mostly). If the Arabs win, they shoot their AK's in incredibly ineffective shows of marksmanship while nearly burning their fingers off attempting to burn an American flag???

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Member Samiralfey found another source for the video. It looks like it is working (for now!).

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Its not a Bradley, the gun does protrude well in front of the hull. (Notice the frames as it first comes into shot). Also, the pixel aspect ratio is all wacky, making the vehicles seem shorter and stubbier than they are. (Looky the cars and that truck in the background).

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist
Almost everyday Americans are being killed in Iraq. This is just another incident which adds to the casualty count. unfortunately this is nothing special about this attack, just another incident of bomb fatalites.

Has Centcom announced casualty from this attack? I guess no one is injured or Killed.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Oh yeah, it's an Abrams, the barrel is way too long.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
Ah, I forgot it had audio. What are the guys saying? Too bad I can't read the writing at the end.

The begining is just about the bomb, from what i can make out. The rest is standard islamic prayer. "Allah a'kbar" (sp) is 'praise be to God' .. the muslim equivalant of 'Amen'. It's used all the time, and insurgents and freedom fighters often use it during/after attacks to be sure God know's they're killing (sorry, sacraficing) people for him.

The chanting and such is just a varient on that.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
1) Doesn't look like a Bradley to me, more
like a battle tank

2) The sound of the engine is all messed up
due to the distance, the (possibly) poor mic quality,
and last but nto least, the compression of the video.
All sorts of digital artifacts can occur.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Personaly i'd say it was an Abrarms ... although i see why you'd say bradley, the video is poor and the rear profile looks high sided. But it's defining features - as mentioned above - are all that of an Abraham.

[edit on 22/9/2004 by Doomed_Seraph]

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I still don't know. It's profile does look higher than an Abrams, while it also looks shorter in length than one. I don't think it's a Bradley, but I can't rule out that it could be a Challenger 2, the turret looks a little similar to one.

It's hard to say because of the quality though

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
It's an Abram... look at the truck on the far side of the road... the FOV is distorted... giving the tank an artificially short appearance.

There are no British forces in Fallujah either... so that negates the challenger II argument.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
That was an Abrams. This is really messed up, that they would be chanting when they are killing ther fellow human being. I know they feel that they will get 30 virgins but I think it would enlighten them to read the whole Koran.

By doing this, they are playing with fire. Once the election in the US is over, they will wish they would have just let the Iraqi's set up thier government, let the US leave...........the price that will be paid in the Arab world has gone up.

PS, I did not watch the whole thing, just enough to see the vehicle type. I do not need to see beheadings, bombings and such, be it American or islamic bombs. People are dying and it needs to stop. If the radicals keep this up they are invting thier own desctruction............

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Definately an abrams, you can tell by the side skirts which are different in a Challenger 2.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Anyone know whether it is a manned or unmanned vehicle? I do not see Centcom saying anyone injured or killed in the attack.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Anyone know whether it is a manned or unmanned vehicle? I do not see Centcom saying anyone injured or killed in the attack.

Haven't heard of a remotely-piloted Abrams.

It's possible the guys weren't even injured if the tank was buttoned up.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Might that be because they don't like to shake the troops confidence in the M1? I would expect them to keep reports on destroyed tanks to a minimum to keep morale up.. Home morale and among the troops.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join