It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Types Of People in the UFO Forum.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The Types of people in the UFO forum:

I realize I will get alot of heat for this thread, but i'm well prepared to take it.

EDIT: After many requests. I added the "Experiencer Category".
I forgot to realize how important and crucial that category is to the whole
topic of UFO investigation.

D.R.N's (Diehard Religious Nuts)

DRN's tend to take the thread (along with all of scienitific community and ufo believers)
And try to debunk any thing related to the two topics by using supposed "evidence" from there religions holy texts. Anything from the concording religions "holy text" is true no matter how much the scienitific community proved it NOT to be true and if you say otherwise you should be shunned and sentenced to an eternity of suffering and forever burn in flames according to DRN's.
DRN's should be ignored unless you yourself are a DRN due to the fact that they contribute anything to the topic let alone to the scientific community in general.

Religious People

Religious people are sometimes open to E.T. and U.F.O. discussion but most of them stay true to there religious faith and spiritual values. (I apologize to my original rather arrogant display of this category)

Believers:

Believers tend to take the topic and "want" to believe that the
footage or topic shown is real because in there mind it is more exciting for them to believe that
the showing is real other then vice versa. Rather then using evidence to support its authenticity,
they are awed by the thread, some people believe in the fairy more then the tale. And
believers deffinitly fall into that statement.

The Government Projects People

People that believe that the government is the sole entity responsible for such crafts, mind control, and memory implants of experiencers.

Experiencers

Experiencer's are people who claim to have actually experienced a UFO, or E.T. activity. Without experience's and people sharing them, the study and talk about UFO's or E.T. would have never came to light. Experiencer's are the most crucial part of a ufo investigation. This is where the original evidence comes from. The birth of the UFO topic has came from the experiencers. And without them it would have never existed.

MBP's
(Moderatly Balanced People Using Evidence To Decide Autheniticty.)

MBP's can be labeled as the only "real" truth seekers, considering both sides of the field and taking all of the thread's contributors opinions, evidence, speculation, etc into consideration. MBP's tend to be well mannored people and will not take a side but rather stand on evidence, reliable sources,
confirmations, witness reports, etc to support the authenticity of the occuring topic. MBP's aren't commonly found in the UFO section because they have realized there is no hope left within the forum. Only pointless off topic arguments, bogus debunks, and rudeness which in turned caused the topic to slowly get less and less appealing. But when they are found in the UFO forum, there replys and contributions are greatly appreciated. MBP's should be listened to closeley, there information and add-in's are wise and uses all evidence, testimony's, etc. MBP's keep threads on topic and should be highly looked up to. If the MBP's mindstate we're adopted by all of the community. ATS would be a much freindlier and better place.

Advid Debunkers: Fake until proven real.

With there advid researching skills and mindstate that leads them to a conclusion that can reasonably determine the topics legitimicy but ussauly tends to lean more towards the "fake" side
of the topic, Rather then being balanced, A'D's have a mindstate of wanting to proove that its not real rather vice versa. Advid debunkers could be looked up to if your personality suits there style of things, Like using evidence to prove that the object is identified as something else and not extra-terrestrial prooves the authenticity but doesn't proove that the object is not in anyway extraterrestrial by using factual evidence and reliable sources.

U.R.D's (Unreasonalbe Debunkers):

URD"S Commonly don't accept or consider any evidence supporting the authenticity of the topic.
Ussauly throws in bogus excuses or common debunks that we're earlier used in non-authentic UFO videos or threads without thoroughly researching the topic and the evidence to support that its authenticity. Most U.R.D's ussauly lack common sense and are not open to consider any open boxed opinions, or factual evidence pertaining to the contribution. U.R.D.'s tend to flood topics in which cause ussauly derails the thread and turns it into an aggravating unappealing (completly off topic) chat room full of what seems to be pissed off teenagers. U.R.D.s should be avoided and not replyed to unless you want the thread to go off topic quickly.

Trolls:

Trolls have gotten there name for a reason, most people don't pay attention to a topic when there's an ugly troll lurking nearby. Troll's ussauly tend to attack the OP by any means, even if the topic we're to be presented by the OP in which the OP disagree's that it's real. They would go as far as to say it's real just to be noticed. Trolls have a self-centered mindset trying to drive the attention of a certain topic towards them using mean hearted replys and attacks and also by adding false information delibertly trying to "derail a thread". If there we're no trolls in ATS, this forum would be a much better place... The fact of the matter is, Trolls don't contribute anything, unless its a negative attitude. Trolls tend to have an overall unreasonable personality, trying to attack anyone and anybody because of a pyschological issue of self importance and attention. Most trolls have developed this attitude as a habit, and are so arrogant that they can't even notice how arrogant they are. I could go on for hours about how much trolls hurt the community of ATS but you get my point.

Actual Aliens

AA's tend to be new members, sent here with a purpose. To spread a message across the world whether it be through divine beings or aliens sent from another dimension or star system. AA's will always have a sense of a very high self importance and are common to the UFO forum. Most are ridiculed and laughed at because anyone with common sense knows that no divine being would come out on ATS to prove there existence. Most AA's should take therapy into consideration.. or in fact they are actual aliens they should show themselves to the world and not a conspiracy forum.

Knower's

Knowers are people who realize that alien life exist's simply because the vast size and possibilities of the universe. Knowers will sometimes refer to the Drake Equation to give people a perspective on how there is almost definitively intelligent life outside of earth
living on other planets suitable for life called Exo-Planets. Knowers are sick of trying to convince the public that intelligent life exists other then humans. Simply because in reality people are scared to accept such theorys.

Thanks for reading. I will build onto this as I see fit later on.
edit on 6-3-2012 by BruceEFury because: Adding more info

edit on 6-3-2012 by BruceEFury because: add

edit on 6-3-2012 by BruceEFury because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
You forgot Experiencers, those who don't have to ask what is in those UFO's. I know they fit the believers category, but they're not this:

Rather then using evidence to support its authenticity,
they are awed by the thread, some people believe in the fairy more then the tale. And
believers deffinitly fall into that statement.

There are quite a few experiencers in the forums online, posting, including ATS.

link   
Oops you left out experiencers...

link   
The Prick First Poster

That person (idiot) who always writes a sarcastic one liner before anyone else gets to say anything.

The Douche That Doesn't Read

So you've only just reached page 3 and already this person is failing to read any previous comments, now you're on page 14 and this person has completely failed to find out where the thread stands and what's been discussed & discovered.

Likes Stars But Isn't A Star

Someone who manipulates the findings of the thread to make sure their response gets loads of stars, or the person who jumps from thread to thread (usually posting on the first page) with very little to say but just enough to get plenty of stars to add to their stats (because they know most will take a thread on face value). Also related to the First Post Prick.

Nice thread though, was thinking about this myself earlier today

edit on 6-3-2012 by markymint because: Hahaha

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

LOl we posted at the same time. Edit to say, Not to worry, there will be many big egos in on this one, nicely put OP.
edit on 6-3-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

reply to post by Unity_99

Haha guys, Write down a perfect "experiencer" category and I will add it.
The more the better! Maybe this will wake some people up on who they actually are haha.

Originally posted by markymint
The Prick First Poster

That person (idiot) who always writes a sarcastic one liner before anyone else gets to say anything.

The Douche That Doesn't Read

So you've only just reached page 3 and already this person is failing to read any previous comments, now you're on page 14 and this person has completely failed to find out where the thread stands and what's been discussed & discovered.

Nice thread though, was thinking about this myself earlier today

edit on 6-3-2012 by markymint because: (no reason given)

LOL your reply made me laugh. Thank you for that.
edit on 6-3-2012 by BruceEFury because: added

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BruceEFury

Yes and the Stars are falling from the skies above to grace your thread my friend.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
This should be in the Rant forum.

What about eye witnesses who believe because they no longer have that choice not to? I for one didn't want to be a part of a Conspiracy forum for years of my life, I was perfectly happy in my blissful ignorance to what's going on under our noses. That is until the day I saw the belly of a fast and silent triangle craft only a couple 100 ft above me. Now I'm stuck in a "category" that folks like you put people in and pre-judge without getting to know me personally.

edit on 6-3-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Yeah I am in the same catagory

Nice thread OP, I had a few laughs. Nice to see some lightheartedness going on once in a while!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
You forgot Actual Aliens

In case your not aware, ATS is home to many alien races posting here. A few times a month they even start a "I am an alien from ___" threads.

Anyhow, I tend to straddle the believer, moderate, and erm..harder near debunker. I want to believe, I seek out good meaty stuff, read it once and suspend disbelief for a wow story, then comb through it and say "ok, what can be debunked here...lets find the truth if any"

But by default, extraordinary claims are indeed false until evidence sways it towards interesting, then truth/proof. I do hope I one day at least read the thread that hits that final mark of truth.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

What about eye witnesses who believe because they no longer have that choice not to? I for one didn't want to be a part of a Conspiracy forum for years of my life, I wasn't perfectly happy in my blissful ignorance to what's going on under our noses. That is until the day I saw the belly of a fast and silent triangle craft only a couple 100 ft above me. Now I'm stuck in a "category" that folks like you put people in and pre-judge without getting to know me personally.

I'm sorry for your concern. But these category's relate to my experience over the past years in the UFO category. IF you don't think you fit in any of these category's, please let me know what your category would be. I will kindly add it.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
BruceEFury
This is a great thread i just loved reading it ..Everything you posted is spot on thanks for bringing this thread to ATS ! peace,sugarcookie1 S&F

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
How about those of us that know, but realize it is a waste of time trying to convince anyone else they exist, plus are religious, yet realize prolly most UFO encounters are most likely hoaxes or unidentified flying objects?
edit on 103131p://bTuesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I must say excellent post. Very well written. I'm too drained to come up that much of an excellent post.

I'm undecided what category I am in.

Hmm, maybe you need a category of seeing is believing or the X Files?

Man, this is a tough decision.

S+F

link   
reply to post by BruceEFury

I'm sorry for your concern. But these category's relate to my experience over the past years in the UFO category. IF you don't think you fit in any of these category's, please let me know what your category would be. I will kindly add it.

I never said I didn't agree with the typical stereotypes listed above, because I do happen to agree for the most part. It does represent the majority from my experience too. Thing is, people cement these categorical beliefs into their psyches and write people off too quickly. We're dealing with people who react first, think later.

My category would probably be - Pissed Off Witnesses Who Lack Evidence, because all I got was a couple crappy cell phone pics off of what flew over me.

link   

Originally posted by BruceEFury

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

What about eye witnesses who believe because they no longer have that choice not to? I for one didn't want to be a part of a Conspiracy forum for years of my life, I wasn't perfectly happy in my blissful ignorance to what's going on under our noses. That is until the day I saw the belly of a fast and silent triangle craft only a couple 100 ft above me. Now I'm stuck in a "category" that folks like you put people in and pre-judge without getting to know me personally.

I need a category that incorporates being forced to believe something I never talk about, so I don't sound like a raving lunatic. The category where since that all too personal experience, I've avidly read forums, books, listen to radio shows on the subject, watch every tv special on the subject....just trying to find a reason it happens to some people but not others.

Can you make that category for me....the "I tried to dig a hole in the dirt and crawl into it as it hovered over me, because it scared the freakin' hell out of me, and I lost my mind for a moment" category.....

edit on 6-3-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I have added the "Experiencer" Category for you and other members.

2nd.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
If I had to categorized, I think I would fall into a MBP player, And I hate baseball.
But I think that the categorization is off, on me.
edit on 6-3-2012 by Manhater because: too tired to spell correctly

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
What about the GPP?

The Government Projects People - People that believe that the government is the sole entity responsible for such crafts, mind control, and memory implants of experiencers.

I believe I seen the Shiloh Illinois ufo and I also believe it was the government(or some faction of the government) taking her out for a test drive to mess with the public.

s&f

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Added. Thanks for contributing.
2nd.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join