It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Colorful Problem' for unlucky woman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I realize this happened on the Airlines. But is this what they worry about the most, some woman painting her nails .....really???? I haven't flown in a while as I don't enjoy heights but this story lets me know they're not only absurd on the ground with the airports, but now they're absurd with the passengers on the airlines itself. What do you think shouldn't they have just looked for real possible threats rather than a woman with her nail polish? I know that it smells, but sometimes other passengers may smell too.
I forgot to put my opinion of the woman here is a classic example of vanity. Someone like her is definately inconsiderate of others and stupid. But still wouldn't you rather have flight attendants looking for any slip ups the TSA make while they're checking out your grandparents or your little kids?

Unbelievable....

CBS Los Angeles

LOS ANGELES (CBS) — A Burbank woman was detained for 10 hours after taking a Southwest flight to Houston for painting her nails on board.

Jeanie Daniels was on the flight on Feb. 26 to see her boyfriend, Jimmy Hauser, who lives in Houston. Daniels was painting her fingernails in her seat when a flight attendant asked her to stop.“I said I’m sorry, I apologize and I put it away,” Daniels said in a phone interview. “About 10 minutes into the flight I discovered I only had two nails left to paint so I thought, ‘well if I went to the bathroom and did it, it wouldn’t offend anyone.” She found another flight attendant waiting for her to exit the bathroom, and the began to argue.

I wish all of you who have to fly on a regular airplane trips either vacation or business good luck!

edit on 6-3-2012 by 1loserel2 because: change heading

edit on 6-3-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-3-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add another statement

edit on 6-3-2012 by 1loserel2 because: change words

edit on 6-3-2012 by 1loserel2 because: change words

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
This passenger sounds like an idiot, but it still shouldn't be handled by 10 hours in jail.

Nail polish fumes are horrific, and probably toxic to some degree, especially in a small cabin on those Southwest 737s. Only an ignorant and inconsiderate moron would stink up the plane not once, but twice, even after being asked not to, and then swear at the attendant on top of all that.

I hate TSA and the ridiculous rules post 911, but I'm on the airlines side.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I'm a Woman and I agree with JibbyJedi on this one. I'm surprised Miss numbnutz didn't flip off her shoes and start in on her toe nails......

I'm amazed at how I see people act and dress on flights these days. I'm against the TSA...but all for common sense.

Des

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Women!

What are ya gonna do?

new topics

top topics

join