It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X5 solar flare just reported

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
My 3D Sun app just yelled at me that
there was an X5 solar flare detected.

How big is an X5 ? Need our experts.
Not sure if it is Earth directed or not.

www.spaceweather.com...
edit on 6-3-2012 by sealing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
pretty big. if earth directed it could cause some problems.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Looks like it is headed this way.

2012-03-07 01:03 Strong Solar Eruption; Earth-Directed CME Likely An R3 (Strong) Radio Blackout is now in progress, beginning about 7:00 p.m. EST today. The site of the eruption, previously active Region 1429, is now near center disk, so there's high-potential of an earth-directed CME. In addition, expect the imminent beginning of a Solar Radiation Storm.

NOAA Space Weather

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

We lost the Russian Roulette match.
Let's hope it's a nice soft damage free bullet.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

Well guess what ? This is 2012. Could be the Sun is the factor many have been expecting. It's coming our way
and things could get nasty very fast. Which is one aspect that fits perfectly into most prophecies. Judgement
will come quickly and suddenly. No fear mongering when those are the facts.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I don't think it's going to affect the Earth much. Should be a nice light show up north.

Valid From: 2012 Mar 07 0300 UTC Valid To: 2012 Mar 07 2359 UTC Warning Condition: Onset Potential Impacts: An enhancement in the energetic portion of the solar radiation spectrum may indicate increased biological risk to astronauts or passengers and crew in high latitude, high altitude flights. Additionally, energetic particles may represent an increased risk to all satellite systems susceptible to single event effects. This information should be used in conjunction with the current Solar Radiation Storm conditions when assessing overall impact.

WARNING: Proton 10MeV Integral Flux above 10pfu expected Valid From: 2012 Mar 07 0030 UTC Valid To: 2012 Mar 08 0000 UTC Warning Condition: Onset Predicted NOAA Scale: S1 - Minor Potential Impacts: Radio - Minor impacts on polar HF (high frequency) radio propagation resulting in fades at lower frequencies.

Space Weather Warnings

Not a good day to be hanging out in orbit, though.
edit on 6-3-2012 by Neysa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

Thank you for adding a dose of logic to this topic and deconstructing disinformation. Though most fear mongers will probably forget about this post or try to destroy it in their own way, it was a great contribution. You sir have denied ignorance.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

Not a good day to be hanging out in orbit, though.

You mean like the satelites ? I'll be watching for my Dish T.V. to go bonkers. That's gonna suck cause then I'll be competing with the wife for da puda.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Myomistress

You sir have denied ignorance.

Never been accused of that before.

Thnx
BTW...it's Maam

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I hope there's no longterm damage, I want to watch mah shows this weekend. >( I adore watching Billy the Exterminator on Saturday nights, he's so delightfully white trash.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Myomistress

Delightfully white trash.
Hopefully he won't trash and burn.

edit on 6-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Already reported here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

new topics

top topics

join