It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i was asked to join the freemasons

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Yeah, I get your point, but the truth is its not the case in my experience, and others who have posted here in this thread.

I just noticed he apparently is a Mason. I guess I missed your point. Should I pay more attention to peoples avatar? Nah..
edit on 7-3-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

so you are a mason?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by Swills

so you are a mason?

Why do you ask? So you can tell me I know nothing about what I am talking about because I'm not a Mason? No I am not a Mason, that's why the experiences I posted are talking about my best friend, his brother, cousin, and Uncle who are Masons.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

On the contrary I've always learned it was appropriate to ask family members. I know you're not "supposed to" but I know a lot of guys that joined because their father at least explained and gave them an "in".

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
On the contrary I've always learned it was appropriate to ask family members.

Technically in our jurisdiction (as it is in Masonic Light's) this is considered un-Masonic conduct. Does it happen? I am sure it does. But I have not seen it with much frequency.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

funny you should bring up boy scouts i made it all the way to eagle scout and was in the order of the arrow but besides that i never seen and thing demonic so my question to you is can so you send me a link about that as i would love to read that one for a good laugh but who knows i never went to any oa meetings so maybe thats where the demonic stuff happens lol
edit on 7-3-2012 by gdmfs2200 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-3-2012 by gdmfs2200 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by gdmfs2200

Oh noes..

You've already experienced something Masonic then.. the Order of the Arrow was founded by Freemasons to represent the first 3 degrees of Masonry.

(Being both an Order of the Arrow and Freemason I do have to say that the Order of the Arrow is a better ceremony.. good times)
edit on 3/7/2012 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

well like i said i never went to any of the meetings after i was voted in so i dont know much of anythin about it but it was pretty cool being tapped out by a guy dressed like an indian carrying a torch and shouting in my face saying you have been chosen

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by Swills

so you are a mason?

Why do you ask? So you can tell me I know nothing about what I am talking about because I'm not a Mason? No I am not a Mason, that's why the experiences I posted are talking about my best friend, his brother, cousin, and Uncle who are Masons.

Actually, I could tell that you didn't know much about freemasonry, and I was curious to see how far you would go with pretending to know something.

In my opinion, it's best to ask questions if you are unsure.

A quote to help you along your way:

It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
ok i have a one major question and im not trying to make it seem like masons are racist but i was talkn to my cousin lastnight who is also a mason and he told me that african americans cant be freemasons is that true or is he full of it because i know that he is racist
edit on 8-3-2012 by gdmfs2200 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

He is full of it . I know a few black Masons in my jurisdiction and I am in Ky ! And In many other (what we cal call Mainstream) jurisdictions .

Yes they have their own PHA (Prince Hall) Masonry , but they have white men in their lodges just like we have black , Hispanic , Muslim , Asian etc; etc; etc; in our lodges . Are there racists Masons and/or lodges out there ? Sadly yes , but they are in the minority and are slowly fading away . No racists nor racism have a place in Freemasonry , goes against everything we stand for in Masonry .
edit on 8-3-2012 by whenandwhere because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-3-2012 by whenandwhere because: grammer

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by whenandwhere

ok thought so

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by whenandwhere

He isn't full of it. There are still at least 9 states that don't recognize PHA, and there are many states (mostly in the South) where it is almost unheard of to have a black member of a Free and Accepted Lodge.

My district has maybe 5 or 6 black members in the whole district, and they are all members of the same controversial and outcast Lodge. We have ZERO black members in our Shrine Temple, or any of our Shrine Clubs in the area, and the Prince Hall Masons have ZERO white members, and they are not the least bit interested in changing that!

In fact, some controversy a few years ago forced the Florida Grand Lodge to reach out to the Prince Hall Grand Lodge, and they tried to work out some recognition between the two, but supposedly the PHA refused the concessions and the deal fell apart.

I agree, racism goes against everything we stand for in Masonry, but don't tell him his cousin is "full of it." The racism is still VERY apparent here in the South, and it comes from both sides.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

The members may not allow black men in their lodges , but there is no official rule against it , if they do not allow black men in their lodges , that is on their shoulders but those states are in a minority . So , yes he is full of it to make a blanket statement that we in (mainstream) Masonry do not allow black men in our lodges . As I said , are their racists members ? Yes , but they is slowly fading away . We are slowly chipping away at that division .

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
ok well is anyone on here who is a freemason live in st.louis if so where is a lodge so i can talk to other members
edit on 8-3-2012 by gdmfs2200 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

On the contrary I've always learned it was appropriate to ask family members. I know you're not "supposed to" but I know a lot of guys that joined because their father at least explained and gave them an "in".

Nothing wrong with talking to friends and family about Freemasonry, but that's different than outright solicitation.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Pretending you say? While it's true I am not a member nor have I been to a lodge, what I know about the Masons has been base on personal experience, as I've already said. So what exactly am I spouting off that is sooo uninformed? Is the fact that Mason members have and will ask their family to join? Or is the fact that I stated some Masons take the club more seriously than others? What is it exactly that I am spouting off that is unfounded, besides the conspiracy theory in my first or second post?

Either way, no mater what you think my experiences are true.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

Prince Hall Freemasonry
Main article: Prince Hall Freemasonry

Prince Hall Freemasonry derives from historical events in the early United States that led to a tradition of separate, predominantly African-American Freemasonry in North America.

In 1775, an African-American named Prince Hall[18] was initiated into an Irish Constitution military Lodge then in Boston, Massachusetts, along with fourteen other African-Americans, all of whom were free-born. When the military Lodge left North America, those fifteen men were given the authority to meet as a Lodge, form Processions on the days of the Saints John, and conduct Masonic funerals, but not to confer degrees, nor to do other Masonic work. In 1784, these individuals applied for, and obtained, a Lodge Warrant from the Premier Grand Lodge of England (GLE) and formed African Lodge, Number 459. When the UGLE was formed in 1813, all U.S.-based Lodges were stricken from their rolls – due largely to the War of 1812. Thus, separated from both UGLE and any concordantly recognised U.S. Grand Lodge, African Lodge re-titled itself as the African Lodge, Number 1 – and became a de facto "Grand Lodge" (this Lodge is not to be confused with the various Grand Lodges on the Continent of Africa). As with the rest of U.S. Freemasonry, Prince Hall Freemasonry soon grew and organised on a Grand Lodge system for each state.

Widespread segregation in 19th- and early 20th-century North America made it difficult for African-Americans to join Lodges outside of Prince Hall jurisdictions – and impossible for inter-jurisdiction recognition between the parallel U.S. Masonic authorities.

Prince Hall Masonry has always been regular in all respects except constitutional separation, and this separation has diminished in recent years. At present, Prince Hall Grand Lodges are recognised by some UGLE Concordant Grand Lodges and not by others, but they appear to be working toward full recognition, with UGLE granting at least some degree of recognition.[19] There are a growing number of both Prince Hall Lodges and non-Prince Hall Lodges that have ethnically diverse membership.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

The Grand Lodge of Missouri is one of the majority of US Grand Lodges that recognize Prince Hall Freemasonry. In other words, racism is not institutionalized in Missouri Freemasonry.

If you would like to meet with members there, I would suggest contacting either the GL of Missouri or the Prince Hall GL of Missouri and make arrangements.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Are women allowed in Masonic Lodges? Cuz a friend of mine just told me she's been to two of them, and she is a known liar

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join