It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i was asked to join the freemasons

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
hello everyone i have been reading on this site for a while now and thought it was time for me to start posting after an odd thing that happend to me not long ago i was asked to join the freemasons by my grandpa and until last year had no idea he was a freemason but anyways he asked me to join and at the time i told him no that i have no interest in joining them and it was after i said that he got this look on his face like he was very disappointed that i wouldnt join the freemasons it was just odd how he reacted over my answer that puzzled me so i went online and started looking into the freemasons more and found a few things here and there but nothing important so i came here seeking answers to my questions should i join should i stay far away from them should i join them just to be a spy and post my findings here so please let me know what i should do

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by gdmfs2200
..should i join should i stay far away from them...

It is not proper in most jurisdictions to 'ask' or 'invite' anyone to join (even if they are a family member). One is expected to join the Fraternity of thier own free will. So my advice is, no, do not join, unless that is what you, not your grandfather, wants.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

...should i join them just to be a spy and post my findings here so please let me know what i should do

Yes, join them.

But the only way you can be admitted into the secret order of freemasons (not the normal cover) is by pooping on the floor after they give you your regalia.

It's an old secret that only a few people know about. Unless your grandpa is in the secret, secret section of the freemasons he might not know about it either.

It's a one time shot though, you have to poop on the floor in front of everyone as soon as you get your threads.

If you wait a minute too long, you will never make it to the top.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by gdmfs2200

You should seek out the two elusive keys that will unlock the box that holds the answer to your question. Those two keys are located between M and /.

I know a Freemason, and it doesn't seem like it's truly as mysterious as people like to think. The fact that they can find the money to finance the Shriners hospitals is quite impressive, though.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by kabfighter

You should seek out the two elusive keys that will unlock the box that holds the answer to your question. Those two keys are located between M and /.

I know a Freemason, and it doesn't seem like it's truly as mysterious as people like to think. The fact that they can find the money to finance the Shriners hospitals is quite impressive, though.

I actually know a bit about how the Shriners fund the Hospitals, or at least one method. Definitely a conspiracy, definitely not to take over the world. Shriners are not really in on it, but the people raising the money are.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I would never join a group who's standards are so low they would have me as a member.

And those blocks are really heavy.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Why not just ask him? I know we have Masons here at ATS and at least one is staff, as I recall seeing posts. I hope your post here doesn't get back to him in having not asked him about it first. I'd guess he'd be deeply hurt, not just disappointed. I didn't know anything about my own Grandfather being a Master Mason until his funeral and the strangers and part of the ceremony dedicated to that aspect of his life and the people I've never met. I'll never know what it all meant to him, since the secrecy is rather extreme. I wish I'd know so I could have asked him. I certainly would have...and with an open mind to hear what he might have had to share.

That would be my advice. There can't be bad blood between you or he'd never have asked. That was no small thing, by any stretch of the imagination. It was probably something he thought about and considered far longer about than you'd believe. Hmm...

Well... The worst he can do is say he isn't interested in talking about it anymore.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Thanks to you I just spit out milk through my nose.......that was hilarious!

Okay going back to serious mode now.

Just be careful what you post, next time I could have laughed so hard I choke to death on trail mix.....

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

If you don't know much about the Freemasons I suppose this is a great place to start, definitely the right forum. You'll come to learn all the conspiracies associated with them, and none of them are good and most lead you to another secret society called the Illuminati or NWO, and just wait until you do a search on them! Massive amounts of info, ranging from crap to excellent.

Here's some of the better conspiracies related to the NWO, founding fathers, freemasonry and whatnot.

Ralph Epperson's America's Secret Destiny

And OP, if you decide to join just know that the initiation into the Mason's is a blood ritual, so I hear. How much blood you spill I don't know but you will spill it. It won't be much I'm sure

edit on 6-3-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

..should i join should i stay far away from them...

It is not proper in most jurisdictions to 'ask' or 'invite' anyone to join (even if they are a family member). One is expected to join the Fraternity of thier own free will. So my advice is, no, do not join, unless that is what you, not your grandfather, wants.

I do believe the Mason's say they never ask anyone to join their club but if people actually believed that they're probably gullible. Do you think that Mason's don't ask their son's to join? They do, and all the proof I need is to look at one of my best friends. His uncle is a high level Mason who asked his son to join and it was his son who later asked his cousins to join. And today they're all Masons.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I can tell you from personal experience my son goes to the shriners circus every year and come with me to fundraisers and dinners. he is around alot of mason's at a young age he will grow up around it his mother is an eastern star so he will be exposed to it his whole life and when he turns 18 or 30 like i did and wants to join thats good if not i cant force him and wont guilt trip him. I was never guilt tripped into it. my grand father was a mason i went to functions with him and he passed when I was 14 years old i didn't join till I had the time to give to the organisation that they deserved.l i was 30 years old. if you have time i personally think its a great fraternity and will help you become A better man and help guide your moral compass toward charity and good will to fellow men.
edit on 6-3-2012 by pez1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

If you're interested, then ask your Grandfather your questions. Maybe attend a meal at the Lodge with him. Decide what your intentions are, and why you might want to join.

I hope someday my boys follow my example and join, but only if they have the right intentions for it. There are no lofty secrets or fame, fortune, or power to be had, there is only self-growth and camaraderie, and you can get that from any number of places.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
well thanks for all your replies i will talk to him about it and ask him why he was disappointed when i told him no at the time im still not sure if i wanna join but im sure after i find out more about it i will have a better opinion on the situation

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
you are never asked to join.They do not invite people in.It goes against some of the Freemasonry rules.You lie,go make a youtube video if you want attention

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by metodex

well sir i do not lie but i dont care if you belive me or not thats not why im here im here for answers as to why my grandpa was upset i wouldnt join and why it means so much to him im not asking anyone to belive me because there will always be doubters out there and i dont blame them at all they have there reasons
edit on 6-3-2012 by gdmfs2200 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawika
I would never join a group who's standards are so low they would have me as a member.

And those blocks are really heavy.

You forgot to attribute your first line. G. Marx, I believe.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by metodex
you are never asked to join.They do not invite people in.It goes against some of the Freemasonry rules.You lie,
and also thanks for being the first person on ats to call me a liar im sure this happens alot on here so really i thank you for being some what nice about it

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

you are never asked to join.They do not invite people in.It goes against some of the Freemasonry rules.You lie,
and also thanks for being the first person on ats to call me a liar im sure this happens alot on here so really i thank you for being some what nice about it

Hey,

At least you're not a shill or a disinfo agent yet.

But if you decide on membership and announce it you might get called one.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

hello everyone i have been reading on this site for a while now and thought it was time for me to start posting after an odd thing that happend to me not long ago i was asked to join the freemasons by my grandpa and until last year had no idea he was a freemason but anyways he asked me to join and at the time i told him no that i have no interest in joining them and it was after i said that he got this look on his face like he was very disappointed that i wouldnt join the freemasons it was just odd how he reacted over my answer that puzzled me so i went online and started looking into the freemasons more and found a few things here and there but nothing important so i came here seeking answers to my questions should i join should i stay far away from them should i join them just to be a spy and post my findings here so please let me know what i should do
Sorry, but I don't think you'll be able to join—we only accept people who can punctuate their sentences reasonably well.

From the Fellowcraft degree ritual:

Grammar

Is the key by which alone a door can be opened to the understanding of speech. [It is Grammar which reveals the admirable art of language and unfolds its various constituent parts, its names, definitions and respective offices; it unravels, as it were, the thread of which the web of speech is composed. These reflections seldom occur to any one before their acquaintance with the art; yet it is most certain that, without a knowledge of Grammar, it is very difficult to speak with propriety, precision and purity.]

Rhetoric

It is by Rhetoric that the art of speaking eloquently is acquired. [To be an eloquent speaker, in the proper sense of the word, is far from being either a common or an easy attainment; it is the art of being persuasive and commanding; the art not only of pleasing the fancy, but of speaking both to the understanding and to the heart.]

Logic

Is that science which directs us how to form clear and distinct ideas of things, and thereby prevents us from being misled by their similitude, or resemblance. [Of all the human sciences, that concerning man is certainly most worthy of man. The precise business of Logic is to ex-plain the nature of the human mind, and the proper manner of conducting its several powers in the attainment of truth and knowledge. This science ought to be cultivated as the foundation, or ground-work of our inquiries; particularly in the pursuit of those sublime principles which claim our attention as Masons.]
Until you switch to decaf, I doubt they'd give you the time of day.
edit on 2012.3.6 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

you are never asked to join.They do not invite people in.It goes against some of the Freemasonry rules.You lie,go make a youtube video if you want attention

From my own personal experience, this is not true.
There are ways of inviting prospects without "inviting."

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join