It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KONY 2012 and the Invisible Children

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Good catch on the minerals, I suspected something along those lines.

Uganda is endowed with copper, iron ore, cobalt, tin, gold as well as platinum.

And now every other friend I got on social networking is gushing about this 'great cause'. It's a worthy one for UN and NATO if they succeed, but still we got a lot of other serious issues before we put ALL our focus on this.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Oh for crying out loud, no-one can escape this thing. All over Facebook, and now it has reached ATS too

Kony is bad, but raising awarenss is not going to stop him. Everybody who is serious about stopping him should go over to Africa to figure it out, not try to cram it down other people's throats.

Edit - It is also cringe worthy to see the masses follow this so blindly. I see everyone support this without a second thought.to a possible agenda.
edit on 7-3-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by seenavv
WARNING

FACEBOOK HAS BLOCKED THIS TUMBLR PAGE WHICH QUESTIONS ICs LEGITIMACY

www.visiblechildren.tumblr.com

TRY POSTING IT ON FACEBOOK YOURSELF AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS

I GET THIS

Apparently visiblechildren.tumblr.com was blocked from being posted on Facebook. How annoying. Complain to Facebook here and post “visiblechildren[dot]tumblr[dot]com” for now. I hope your Facebook friends are smart enough to work out that they need to replace the dots!

Also, tweet visiblechildren.tumblr.com to famous people on Twitter who are supporting KONY 2012. Quest from The Roots already tweeted a link to this website…

visiblechildren.tumblr.com...
edit on 7-3-2012 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

Hey thanks for the link. It allowed me to post the link, but only after typing in one of them code sequence things

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bonkrh

That was a very well made and inspirational video. I hope that Kony is found and brought to justice as soon as possible to answer for his crimes.
edit on 7-3-2012 by Greensquad414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bonkrh
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Yea america also didnt send very many people over there when the massacres were going on because it wasnt their place to be. But if you go look at the middle east countries...

edit on 6-3-2012 by Bonkrh because: (no reason given)

The United Nations didn't send very many people you mean. Not America. America is not the world police, that would be the UN Peackeepers. Point the finger at every member nation of the UN.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Bwahahaha everything a conspiracy on ATS shocker

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I believe Kony should be stopped but I also believe this is just a front for the US to gain control in Africa just as terror was for Iraq/Afghanistan

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Wow first time i heard of this kony guy exelent video S&F
have to admit i lol'd at the star wars guys bit
edit on 7-3-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-3-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
the minute me and my girlfriend were dine watching it, I told her it was more than likely a scam to get your money. All big named charities are frauds ir scams. You send a dollar, they keep 0.80 and send 0.20 to the hyped up cause or they send none at all. It's a scam and Im sticking with that.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Are we going to celebrate his death like we celebrated Saddam's and Osama's? Are we going to rejoice in a death of another human being that only leads to more war? Are we going to run in guns blazing like the knight in shining armor only to become the new boogeyman? If you don't like what he does go and stop him yourself, we don't need to get involved when we have an inevitable war with Iran coming up. Killing leads to killing it will stop him but another tyrant that will see his past and admire him for it.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
You beat me to it...I was going to post this. All that matters is it been posted. I went to the web site and bought my packet. This man needs to be stopped. Send the message people and make a difference. Show our government that " We The People" won't let this happen and we are watching our own government do nothing. It took one man to start this. He got our own government involved. So don't let the ball stop rolling. Thanks. Dave

KONY 2012.......make a difference in the world.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Something I wonder.... Why do americans eat this one up, and totally ignore stuff that is happening right in their country? I put up conspiracy of silence on my facebook about a week ago, whopping 0 comments. I put this one up yesterday, got 57 comments. They don't care bout young teens in the US? Why does this disturb me so much?

So many questions.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Trower

Two concerns...

A. The majority of people just believe what they see and blindly follow assuming they are doing some humanitarian work.
- If Kony really is just a bad person, who kidnaps children and fights for his own selfish reasons, and deserves to be arrested, than that is good.
- If it's true that the Uganda army does the same thing in reverse, and is heavily funded by Invisible Children's million dollar campaign, than that is not good.

B. Viral calls for arrests are negative.
- You can make a false accusation and have some arrested or turned into a criminal or terrorist without any real evidence.
- The video compares Kony to Hitler, but I compare this video to Hitler's anti-jewish propaganda as well.
edit on 7-3-2012 by badconduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The cynicism of some members on here doesn't surprise me, but for those calling it a Charity Scam should do a little more research on this guy!!

The pain these people have been put through on the orders of one person should be hi-lighted at every opportunity.

My 17 year old son brought this video to my attention tonight and he has never shown the slightest bit of interest in World politics.

I hope he is caught and brought to justice in order to demonstrate to every would be 'Kony' that we, as a World community, are no longer willing to tolerate such humanitarian injustices. We have a chance to do good for once and bring this tyrant down.

The very best of luck to the people behind this video and here's hoping it has the desired effect.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by denynothing

Well first off, Our government has nothing to gain from this unlike the Saddam and Osama business ventures. This is one man standing up because he was over there and met a kid who was personally kidnapped and forced to kill his parents. KONY is a man so evil that trust me, Satin himself is jealous. This guy kidnaps children and forces them into killing, maiming others and prostitution. He has to be stopped. You may be able to sleep after watching that video but not me. I know ugly when I see it. Saddam and Osama was something our government did for profit, this is a completely different story and its a story worth telling. Thanks for your time...sleep well. Dave

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I'm allready sick of this kony. every god damn YouTube video comment section kony kony kony god shut up. I want to read comments related to the video not some jack willy.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
my 19yo daughter has been on my back to watch this video for about 3days now .. everytime she brings the topic up my spidey senses start twitching as well.. the more info she has given me the more im thinking something just isnt right with this story .. and i started wondering why it was my daughter who was bring this to my attention + i hadnt seen or heard about it elsewhere

well this morning the topic was brought up on Australia's morning show "Sunrise" .. + my 10yo son noticed + said "yeah mum u should watch this" hmmm... ok why does my 10yo know more about this subject than me...?
after watching the short topic regarding this video im even more sus about this ..

apparently from what ive learnt so far is that only 10% of all profits made from this going towards the cause + the rest actually goes to the rebels to helpn buy more guns .. this may just be a rumor but when i hear stuff like "this is actually a real cause + even the 10% given to the cause from profits is a start" my alarm bells ring louder.

+ why is this video being targeted at getting our childrens attention...?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Bonkrh

STRANGE the SAME ppl Who promote this are the same ppl who cry USA shouldn't Police the world... ... lol nuff said .. I don't care about the invisible kid sin Africa .. I only care about the invisible kids in the slums right here in USA..

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Charities around the world have been raising money for Africa for decades, the amount of money that has gone into Africa should theoretically mean that they should be fairly self-sufficient by now. However, nothing ever seems to change over there?!

Of the $8.6 million raised for this cause, apparently only 32% of it went towards direct services!?!

It seems their accounting needs closer inspection...

facecrooks.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

You're not alone, I feel the same way. I post about Syria a lot and no one could care less. I think this just proves that the only way to reach people these days is through a viral marketing campaign. The organization itself may be questionable, but they are definitely doing it right in terms of putting it out there.

Also, when I post anything about issues in the US involving children, people either don't care, or make it joke. So what's a person to do?

edit on 3/7/2012 by SpaceJ because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join