It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KONY 2012 and the Invisible Children

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Have any of you thought that it's the U.S. government trying to get you to support this whilst at the same time the money will be going to the government and funding America sending it's troops to Africa and them exploiting it whilst having the people's consent. Some sort of manufactured consent

This "KONY 2012" campaign is asking for MORE US troops to be sent into Africa. Look up AFRICOM and understand what this is part of. Your consent is being manufactured. Wake up!
edit on 7-3-2012 by NewUser because: Needed to add stuff

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Okay, don't know where to start. It seems the video is up to 4,000,000 to 7,000,000 views now. Which is great for the cause itself. Even if the LRA isn't currently in Uganda, that just means they are somewhere else.

The main issue I have with this is that stopping one person won't stop the LRA. I mean has toppling the leader ever dissolved such zealous groups? So I think the video would have benefited from showing less of the directors and more back story about the LRA itself. I get that it's easier to unite against one person, for focus, but it lacked conveying a historical basis I think. It time lined their own cause, but I wish it had time lined the LRA.

Second, there's a lot of various tumblrs and news articles being spread accusing them of how they spend their money. I don't know what I think yet on that, but I think he should probably make a public statement about it quick if it's untrue, because it's making plenty of people mad.

That said, regardless of how they spend their money, a service has still been done for those that weren't aware of the topic. Awareness is awareness. Just because you feel for the issue doesn't mean you have to back an organization you feel uncomfortable with, so don't let that deter you from the whole cause. We don't have to be a part of anything to simply speak out on our own.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Pretty interesting vid cudos

I think some corporation should start mining precious stones to fund this war effort.
That way dispite the cause, it will give the 'Bankers' their profit motive, and also the nessisary nudge for the
UN to install peace keepers in the region.

This movement proves to be more usefull than the Green Politics.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Don't get your hopes up people.
The United States government does not care about black Africans.
They will only give you 'freedom' if you have gold or oil.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewUser
Have any of you thought that it's the U.S. government trying to get you to support this whilst at the same time the money will be going to the government and funding America sending it's troops to Africa and them exploiting it whilst having the people's consent. Some sort of manufactured consent

This "KONY 2012" campaign is asking for MORE US troops to be sent into Africa. Look up AFRICOM and understand what this is part of. Your consent is being manufactured. Wake up!
edit on 7-3-2012 by NewUser because: Needed to add stuff

Only a small percentage of people are seeing through the propaganda and emotional manipulation. As I read through these comments I see 2 things, those who smell a rat right away, and those who want to give everything they have to support this movement. Not too many in the middle of those sides.

The video has over 4 million views now,
469,078 likes, 9,582 dislikes

Only 2.042% of people smell a rat with this Kony 2012 Invisible Children thing.
That's about the same percentage of people who are basically "awake & aware" to the NWO & the slow boil tyranny 1984 reality we live in.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Flavian, I agree entirely.

There are organizations that do really good work and people do get help, but it can be frustrating when you know the plight of those people and the thought that people send money to help and it gets tangled up and mismanaged it is rotten.( kinda reminds me of how my govt likes to mismanage my tax dollars.....but I digress....)

If I could I'd like to spend some time in those places and learn from the people how to best help them. It's their country and they have to come up with solutions to their problems, we should assist them and care for the people that need the most help, in my mind it is the kids because they are the key to making a better future for their country.

The thought of a man like kony using these kids is horrible, I just wish there was a more transparent way of knowing that our efforts are really making a difference. But any help in my mind is better than no help and leaving these kids to suffer in silence is not the answer. I support awareness of this problem, the more people who speak up about this the better.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Free4Ever2

We as a race should help these children, and to sit at your computer and say " hmmm this doesnt feel right, i feel uncomfortable " is a bloody joke, YOU feel uncomfortable?? think of the children over there!

I can't believe there are people, blatantly copying propaganda, word for word 'uhmm yeah think about the children'.

Why are you raising awareness for the whole world to trust our dear friends George Bush, Hitlary Clinton, Jay-Z and Lady Gaga will help ze children? Disinformation much ?

Don't you have a mind of your own? Didn't you see what happened to children in Iraq or Afghanistan or Libya every time 'we' tried to 'help'?

Let me explain to you what happened to them ... i haven't seen my grandparents, family or my childhood friends for 20 years now and just the other day i read a document stating that USA & the usual suspects are the reason there was a war in my country in the first place.

So, uhmm yeah thanks a lot for helping and think about the children!!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Understand how the mind works and you understand "The Big Skim"

Mind = Computer
Program = Software
Eyes, Ears, etc = Input Devices
Birth = Pure Awareness = Blank Hard Drive = No Labels = No Judgment = OPEN MIND
Parents, Society = Programmers = Belief Systems = Ego = Power = Control
TV = Program (by Others) = Not Your Program = Brain Washing = Mind Control
Nature = Program (by Self)
Listening to Music = Program (by Others)
Creating Music = Programming (by playing with the tools)

What you see and hear are the same inputs as if you experience them first hand. The visual and aural signals are converted to electricity and are filtered through our emotional system. The emotional programming results in certain behaviors: fear, compassion, empathy, etc. This connection along with a suggestion to donate money results in x percent of viewers to respond to that suggestion.

This is just one. Believe it or not, many mainstream "news" stories are designed to generate money, non-taxed through 501c-3 declarations. Obviously not all charities are blatant--some, mostly local, are benevolent in all ways. But imagine a group of people, very good at what they do, who are able to create the most realistic, emotion-driven programs, knew the connection between this and money? News & entertainment becomes a machine.to docile a population, generate opinion and create emotional links (addiction via programming) to the stream, resulting in caring about something that has zero relevance to 98% of them. The result is people will fight others fights and give their life for it (war), they will send money, trusting in the truth they have adopted (belief), argue amongst themselves over political programming, zombie out to sports (living reality through others again). The inputs become worshiped and through belief individuals are programmed to bounce around in a self-created drama experience that completely misses out on the present moment.

Take control of the mind through awareness and you start to run the machine and use its powers.

The Big Skim takes advantage of the human body hardware architecture. When you can control the inputs, you control the machine, the computer.

This video is designed for one thing. $$. It is a marketing test. If it works it will (it does) and will be duplicated (it's been going on globally since the birth of radio then tv).

There may be a bad situation in Uganda, no doubt. But I question the integrity of any media designed to open wallets in this way. The best thing for Ugandans is the internet and the global consciousness that can be accessed through it. Spreading word will bring about the forces needed for change. The most effective people I know are ones who walk the path via their action--not their salesmanship.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by elmoastro

I think you should expand on what you said and make a thread on that perspective.
You have a rare insight, it's very accurate, and you can articulate well. I couldn't have said any of that better myself. The Force is strong with you my friend.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Why do they make Gadaffi and Bin Laden looks as bad as Kony, more then in one scene?
Kony is much worst, or so it seems...

Oh and, let's ask for Bush and Lady Gaga to helps us spread the word!

Even though I feel like they are more important things then stopping this disgusting human being, maybe if this movement becomes popular enough and works, it might open doors for people to once again gather up and ask for a change.

Stop all wars, the endless debt system, planned scarcity and free energy access would be first things on my list.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Go to the KONY 2012 website. First thing: Donate.
KONY is either a fiction, an actor or legit thug. Who knows?
Go down the page. Look who's asking for money. Oh, millionaires.
Millionaires who have made their millions via some form of the big skim.

It may be worth it to people to support actors of all types. They bring entertainment, joy and drama to our lives for sure. But in the end, do you want to use your creation machine body as a tape recorder for someone else's program?

I'd rather use it as the experience machine it was designed for. Play with, learn about mind and emotions and ego tendencies. Learn to harness the internal creation energy available to all. Carefully select your inputs and flesh out whatever desired outputs you want. It takes growing pains to deprogram.

Inputs are everything. Question every input that tries to access your hard drive. Think of awareness as a firewall. Use the firewall to take control of the mind computer and spend some time deprogramming from all external inputs for awhile if you dare. It's worth it.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by knightwalker

No oil except an estimated 2+ billion barrels in Uganda...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fishticon84

Originally posted by knightwalker
No oil, no profits, nothing to do there. Could be good propaganda for Obama to go in & find him before election day.

For an hour now I've been searching for the history behind the makers of the video and program because while watching it something seemed a bit off and then when I got to the website and seen that they want 30$ for the start up package and 15$ a month to be a member.. I was like "okay c'mon now! I'm no fool!".

I know there's more to this and what you said here REALLY points out what it is.
In the video they all cheer when Obama puts the whole 100 troops into Uganda.
Obama is key. The colours that they use are similar to the Obama campaign colours, That Obey graffiti guy that did Obamas HOPE campaign poster is in the video.
This IS Obamas new campaign!

Obama will catch this guy and everyone will go yay for Obama.
In due time of course. We do have to wait for April when all the posters are up and Obama starts talking about catching this guy because its something that ALL the people want.

I do understand that this IS a real problem but there has to be another motive here.
You cant just make something popular especially with politicians and celebrities in a few weeks without having lots of money and connections.
If you could, OWS would have been HUGE and AIDS wouldn't be a problem anymore.

But maybe I'm just being paranoid... and maybe the fact that all the politicians and celebrities that are involved just so happen to be a Obama supporters is just a strange coincidence.

I have to agree this does reek of an Obama campaign advert. The actual cause is a good one, but I hope the main goal isn't tainted with Obama 2012 instead of capturing Kony 2012. This sorta feels like OWS.. We also need to consider that it seems to have suddenly gone viral in the middle of an election year, but it's been on going for a decade?? That's a red flag IMO. Also, I'm already seeing this plastered on facebook by Obama supporters.....
edit on 7-3-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I think probably one of the most amazing things about this new movement and the entire Invisible Children campaign is that the trickle down effect of spreading international atrocities has been flipped on its heads. In the 1930's and 40's do you think the youth of America were speaking to the adults in their communities and saying "Hey Ma and Pa, the Nazi's are committing genocide in Poland and Germany, we have to do something to stop this!"

Technology and sheer numbers have achieved this. I have been a part of the Invisible Children movement since I was in high school. I cannot think of a more worthy cause. These atrocities need to be stopped. For those of you who underestimate the problem in Uganda, this is not a matter of policy or politics. This is about a human community, one that will not stand for such atrocities to be inflicted on those that need to be protected most, children. Without our children, we have nothing. Every child deserves a childhood.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The video did influence hatred towards Kony, which was the sole specific purpose of this video (& to educate you I suppose). Videos are to capture you emotionally. You must put your emotions aside & think with your head. You can't fight hate with hate. We hate Kony for his actions, so we all get together for a good cause to invoke more hate.

The only way anything is going to get solved is by going to war & killing the children we are trying to protect. That, or if Kony magically surrenders & admits he is wrong. So are we the ones to start this war?

Some people are so quick to let propaganda influence their thoughts.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Who better to push this disgusting propaganda into the impressionable minds of the young? The unabashed tool of the evil ruling over us, Mr Gaga.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
If you follow Wikileaks and watched the Kony thing, make sure to read the cables or at least a summary on the economic situation and relations between China + Iran + Uganda. It's a huge dimension of the story that's being left out.

Also, consider the reaction this man will have when he hears about how far this spread. I fear what it will be.
edit on 3/7/2012 by SpaceJ because: add

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I support this movement to the fullest, and what it represents. And the base cause isnt only raising awareness, about Kony, but, as said in the beginning, its a social experiment also. No, its not an NWO scheme. Why do they choose those people to get involved in it? Because they are influential. Im 100% sure Tim Tebow isnt evil. So how about you guys take off your tin foil hats, and actually recognize that this is change, and is the beginning of something. This year it is Kony 2012, next year its someone else, ie. Assad 2013, or Guzman 2013. Its a movement, and we will succeed.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

edit on 7-3-2012 by yamammasamonkey because: Deleted it

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

edit on 7-3-2012 by elmoastro because: deleted it

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join