It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KONY 2012 and the Invisible Children

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

And you think the answer to that is to fund another African militia (one that is also accused of the same crimes) to get rid of them.

Ok..

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lulzaroonie
reply to post by Vandettas

If you'd have watched the last ten minutes, you would have seen exactly what his son has to do with it.
Children his age are taken from their parents and indoctrinated, taught to fight and hold guns. The kids what, 4? Maybe 5?

That was in the first 5 minutes of the video, repeated again, and again, and again.
His son lives in America. He has nice clothes, running water and and roof over his head.
Telling his son this is kind of pointless; there is nothing he can do. He can't go fight Kony himself.
I understand - his son likes behind around cameras, he mentioned that, but again.....

Anyways, I'm not trying to say that the little guy is whats making me suspicious - its
a lot of other little details that just don't feel right.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Kony is an EVIL criminal that must be arrested and brought to justice!
However, there is a lot of questions that still have to be asked regarding the legitimacy of this organization!

Find out what you are NOT BEING told about this movement HERE!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

Sometimes not before being forced to mutilate or kill their own parents. At very young ages (not that it is right at any age).

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Flavian

And you think the answer to that is to fund another African militia (one that is also accused of the same crimes) to get rid of them.

Ok..

No, actually i think the best solution would be a special ops "super team" comprised of the top NATO soldiers to take Kony out (and his immediate Lieutenants). And that is coming from someone who has worked in peace keeping and conflict resolution.

ETA:

I would add there is no interest in taking the guy alive. His guilt is beyond doubt and every so often someone comes along who doesn't deserve any consideration to his human rights. No point wasting money on a trial for someone who is bang to rights and evil of the highest order.
edit on 7-3-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Then why are you supporting this?
You are just supporting a future with more people just like the guy.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
One of my aussie friends skype'd me about this. I watched a half hour video just a bit ago, then we discussed what could be going on.

Now, the video does seem to be "off", but I may provide some insight into that. I know the presonality type of the guy doing the video. Artistic, passionate, naive. My best friend is an artist in the commercial music business. I see the kinds of things he posts on FB, and he doesn't quite "get it". He seems to be blinded by his naive idealism, and faith that the grassroots cultural movements can change the world. I used to think like that.

So what I'm trying to say, is if you feel that you're being a bit emotionally manipulated in the film, you are, but with good intent. That's not the conspiracy part. This guy seems to genuinely believe in this movement.

Thing is, the elite use our spiritual inclinations and emotional outpours to push their agendas into action. Initial genuine sparks of protest can be amplified, and swayed to give the results of predetermined goals. Just take a look at history for a long list of examples....

So applying that to this situation, this is what I see:

I see a government who has objectives and timelines, yet is having to get more creative to get people on board. The traditional MSM brainwashing isn't working so well these days. People are finding different ideas from different sources to shape their perceptions of the world around them.

Now, everyone knows the concept of, "divide and conquer", but an equally powerful one the elite uses is, "infiltrate and manipulate". So I fully believe these people within the organization are legit. I believe they are doing what they think is best, but why exactly are congressmen supporting this cause
Do you realize how many people are taken from various villages around the world? How many young children are trafficked from region to region, for the purpose of slave labor and as sexual slaves? This 30,000 over 26 years is, unfortunately, just a drop in the bucket.

I see this scene as growing, but don't understand why congressmen and troops are being sent in if so few are asking for it in comparison to various other movements. It doesn't make sense, except it does. Remember, swaying the direction, and shaping the outcome. So you give a little support to this movement from the establishment, and they get excited and use that support as faith in their cause, and push other people to have faith in it. Eventually some sort of mass awareness is reached, and we send in more troops and take over the region.

You see, we can't easily declare war without mass public support anymore. What better way then to have this guy who is sincere, motivated, and fighting for the children?! It only took me one minute to find this out:

Uganda has a bit of Oil
Minerals in Uganda

So when I put this all together, it's the same damned story that's happening worldwide right now. This is about resource wars. All major powers are vying for pieces of the pie. China has been heavily "investing" in Africa for the last 15 years or so. They do the same as US corporations. Go in, make promises and write sketchy contracts, then rape the land, pollute the waters, and ditch after the resources are extracted.

It's just a continuation of the same, but at a faster pace. Uganda may have rare earths. China has a monopoly on that market. If US satellites have picked up indication of certain resources in the area they need, they'll capitalize on this movement, make sure it grows, and send it troops to take over the land, secure resources, give contracts to western pals, and the game plays on...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
The only problem I have with this movement is that it's fueled by money and it targets the youth. "Oh, want to help us bring this man to justice? Have your parents buy our Justice Kit, only $29.99!"

When the intention is to make money, one questions whether the people behind it really care at all for bringing this guy to justice.

Furthermore, how do they expect to get Kony to international criminal court for trial? He has a child army which has helped him hold on to power in the region, we're not just gonna march in there, shoot up a few children, snatch Kony, and march out.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Your post just blew my effing mind this morning

the absolute key to this movement is support to intervene through sympathy. We already knew the world is a sh*t hole. The fact is, that it is easier to understand the capacity of horror when you can pin it down to just one person ,place or thing. If we can't pin point the cause of problems, then its too complex to get people interested in solutions that they have faith will make a difference.

The intentions of this may be genuine, but this is being sidelined with all sorts of notes being taken for a future psy-op. Think about it, if all we need to do is come up with a sympayhetic story to send military advisors to a nation that has major internal problems, we can "choose" what problems need to be fixed. These arent actually your choices, its who ever puts together the most convincing propaganda to help victims.

Just an easy way to get involved, try to help, and end up in a hostage situation, for being where you aren't wanted. Then call for military action, and hope for escalation for invasion. You can play this scenerio for any place on earth. People will back it, because people kind of asked for it.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Sometimes I wonder if this money is being used to fund another US adventurism and install a new regime just like the racist genocidal Libyan regime that is currently in power

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
The whole Idea is really nice.

BUT.. you tell me they have supporters like Zuckerberg, Bono (what a tool) etc. and can't get the money needed to end this before dinner? It's a guy hiding in the bushes and no high tech predator!

To much Facebook and Obama 2012 for my taste.. Using the misery of those kids to pursue their own goals.
Plus seeing Condoleeza on this posters makes me
Lock her up for good!!! That would be a start!!

Go to 1:34 of the vid. He says "The Next 27 minutes are an experiment. But In order for it to work you have to pay attention!" Now tell me who really heard that? I can't remember hearing it until I played it again...

Seriously?? That's from the OP's video

Those poor guys even took the time to make neat shading on the letters..

Good job Mark Zuckerberg..

edit on 7-3-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
This thread deserves the most attention of any thread I have read on ATS in months.
Star and flag.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

You forgot Bill Gates. They just put him in there for show. I mean, he's really the only guy you have to convince to donate.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
This is not a matter for the west to be concerned about. Let the Africans take the lead in maintaining their society for once.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fishticon84

Originally posted by knightwalker
No oil, no profits, nothing to do there. Could be good propaganda for Obama to go in & find him before election day.

I know there's more to this and what you said here REALLY points out what it is.
In the video they all cheer when Obama puts the whole 100 troops into Uganda.
Obama is key. The colours that they use are similar to the Obama campaign colours, That Obey graffiti guy that did Obamas HOPE campaign poster is in the video.
This IS Obamas new campaign!

Obama will catch this guy and everyone will go yay for Obama.
In due time of course. We do have to wait for April when all the posters are up and Obama starts talking about catching this guy because its something that ALL the people want.

I am like the few others that saw this as something, not quite right. Maybe, it's in the timing of it all. Please understand, I don't deny that such terrible people and things exist and happen. They happen everyday in this often cruel and unforgiving world. Unfortunately, I feel that this will be something that a politician who will remain nameless, might use this maybe not to win over votes but, to serve as a distraction to those who would support an opponent.

Interestingly, most of the "activists" shown in the video are young, predominantly Caucasian, and using the Internet/social media, with stickers, bracelets, posters which are made to be appealing to the youth (not to mention the whole share a bracelet with a friend thing...another idea that can easily be embraced), and a day to do something illegal-esque one night. Additionally, this effort is set to "expire" at the end of 2012. Is it a coincidence that this starts to peak and terminate in an election year? Could this be a concerted effort to attempt to sway the slow, but steady groundswell of support for Ron Paul, who's base is Internet savvy, social media intensive, and young? Could this be a way to distract the general public away from (insert conspiracy theory come true, here)?

Finally, the celebrities listed are well known for their efforts in supporting the liberal efforts of the Democratic party. This thing stinks from stem to stern. I can't fully understand what it is or why I don't like it. I present my humble opinion to this matter in hopes that it might help someone else come up with a better explanation of how I and others on ATS feel about this "cause".

ESV

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Bonkrh

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.
Adolf Hitler

If our government wanted to stop this guy, we would've done so from the beginning, he has kids as fighters, this guy is a monster and Im sure he wouldn't go down without a final battle.....

If people want to make a difference, people need to be willing to die. If our government isn't doing much, grab people who want to capture him grab a gun and go hunt him cause apparently our government ins't much interested on this guy, and trust me the U.S knows ALLLL about him.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Of course its popular now. There is a movie...
www.imdb.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
While I am so sympathetic to the nation and children living under such a terrible situation, I have to put a link to the story our local news had this week.
Kansas City being on the cross roads of American highway system has children being transported across the country for sex slavery.

Shared Hope International, an international organization working to end human trafficking and sex slavery, estimates as many 300,000 children born in the United States have been sold into sex slavery since 2001. To highlight the growing problem of child sex trafficking in this country, the organization recently graded the trafficking laws of every state and issued a report card. No state received an "A" grade, and in fact 24 states including Kansas failed. Missouri on the other hand, along with three other states, scored a "B."

So sympathy and agreement aside, our own backyard is where we need to be looking. This viral video may just be a distraction from what is happening Here in America.

Kansas City is No. 4, tied with L.A. (Los Angeles); St. Louis is No. 5 tied with New York," Elam noted. "And when you think about this Midwest region, it's a profitable region because of those highways moving through here

Once a child is recruited and taken into sex slavery, Elam claims they can disappear forever overnight, because traffickers use the interstate, especially the I-35 corridor between San Antonio and Kansas City, to move victims to a new city, where they are often bought and sold multiple times.

This is not to hi-jack this thread about attrocities in Africa... but to highlight the fact that bad things happen to children right here at home.
Child Sex Slavery

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The video is now running about 500 comments per minute. The views most likely exceed 10 million by now. This was a video posted less than two days ago, March 5th 2012. I've had it mentioned to me by 6-7 different friends and university today and seen it shared around 20 times on facebook.

I don't know what I'm more excited about, the fact that the attention will hopefully bring justice to those suffering in Uganda, or that I am witnessing a coming together of the people, in support of other people. No ignorance, no "it doesn't affect me so I don't care", no turning a blind eye to watch something else. Millions are playing their part, it makes you wonder what bigger projections we can apply our togetherness to. These are interesting times indeed.
edit on 7-3-2012 by FermiFlux because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Bonkrh

What a bummer, this badguy in Africa kidnaps and abuses these kids.
In an ideal world I'd send troops, however this is not an ideal world.
This guy has put guns in 30,000 peoples hands and made their life hell, yet not one of them has turned their weapon on him?
Why would I send them help when they will not help themselves?
I agree that child abduction is a horrible thing but in my neck of the woods after one kid came up missing the parents would be looking for a lynching, yet alone 30,000 abductions.
Yeah, I think these Africans will have to dig themselves out as I cannot spare the troops on yet another wild goose chase.
Is Kony a bad guy? maybe so, but I have other bad guys locally that I need to work on.
And my opinion is not swayed by media influence, I see the damage done locally.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join