It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh yeah!, X-5 flare just happened.. May be earth directed, Bring it Sun!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

Depends on if you know what the intensity chart looks like or not.

You dont.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

You are invited to look for yourself. If you slow down the animation you can see that it exceeds the scale.
Btw, you said it wont be a direct hit. I said it will. Who is right looking at the animation?

me.

edit on 7-3-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

Originally posted by verschickter
Here are the latest "WSA-Enlil Solar Wind Prediction"s
solarham.com...

Watch between 8th and 9th. A big one comming, as I said before.

No way! That looks like a direct hit on Thursday or Friday.

Dang Thurs is my day off. Should I plan on spending it indoors? I don't think we are susceptible but could this also bring more ultraviolet rays during daylight hours ? Please do not treat me ill for asking this, I truly do not know.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Here try this:

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

I never said it wouldnt be a direct hit. But the animation is pretty much worthless since its a flat animation and its a 3D universe. moving through the path can be done above or below the single plane of the animation.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Damrod
Does not appear that it's going to be a direct hit.

From Spaceweather.com:

It does! appear that it´s going to be a direct hit.
solarham.com...

This is the text from the update on Solarham (I actually have both sites bookmarked and use them often)

"Updated 3/7/2012 @ 14:30 UTC
Incoming
Incoming! The new WSA-Enlil Solar Wind Prediction is calling for an almost direct CME impact during the middle of tomorrow (March 8). The solar wind is expected to increase to over 800 km/s and Strong Geomagnetic Storming will be possible. This plasma cloud is the result of the X5.4 and X1.3 Solar Flare event very early this morning. in the new movie below, you can see that the plasma cloud is Full_Halo and heading this way."

It is a pretty big hit, but if you look at the most intense section of the halo, it is still ahead of our orbit path. Now if another one farts out today or tomorrow...yes indeed, it will be a dead on smack!
edit on 3/7/2012 by Damrod because: bolded importand part

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
@Shadow
If you cared to look closley, the little snippet shows the other axis.

Time to make something clear: With exceeding the scale, I mean the animation. You can clearly see a dark grey strip, wich indeed exceeds the scale of this diagramm.

To other topic, that the flare last year was 50 times stronger then any before...
Please look at this link I borrowed from another poster here in the thread:
www.spaceweather.com...
I think if you are right, the date would be in this list. Wich is not. This was the point I tried to make.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Your guess is as good as mine.

I don't know either.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Again... there have been many flares that were much stronger to hit us in the last 30 years, and they caused no havoc.

Why do we get
and
and all that goes with it, every time a flare occurs? I realize many people can't wait for the earth to explode into a billion tiny pieces, but try to curb your enthusiasm every time any earthquake, tornado, or solar flare occurs.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Ok here: This is the one I use all the time. Click in any of the 4 boxes on the upper right.

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

Your still missing the point on the animation. Some one will come on and explain it.

link   

Ok here: This is the one I use all the time. Click in any of the 4 boxes on the upper right.

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

Your still missing the point on the animation. Some one will come on and explain it.

link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Originally posted by Manhater

Here are the latest "WSA-Enlil Solar Wind Prediction"s
solarham.com...

Watch between 8th and 9th. A big one comming, as I said before.

No way! That looks like a direct hit on Thursday or Friday.

Dang Thurs is my day off. Should I plan on spending it indoors? I don't think we are susceptible but could this also bring more ultraviolet rays during daylight hours ? Please do not treat me ill for asking this, I truly do not know.

You'll be fine. It's just going to mess with satellites, radio and make pretty lights in the sky...nothing more.

link   
reply to post by Damrod

I know what you want to tell me. But if you look at the animation, its clearly that its a direct hit. The fact that the intensest part does not hit us, does not change the fact that we are almost in the middle. We could count pennies on that now but for me its a direct hit.

btw, its not about fearmonger wich is something I hate. I´m sure not much will happen.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Mattodlum

John of Patmos wrote this about his own time. I believe that if these things were ever going to occur they would have already. But hey if you're ok with a "better I owe it to you than I cheat you out of it " then go for it.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

i dont want to mess up the thread...
here are my facts:

1) if you watch the animation I linked, you can see the dark strip exceeding the scale of the diagramm.
2) the diagramm shows the "x-axis" too. Its the piece of cake right to the 360° topview

So please tell me what you mean, as we clearly talk about different things, I think.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Big, but was it big enough?

How big is big enough? And, for what ?
This has probably been answered someplace on this thread but I had to ask for myself.

X50 would be big enough

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

precaution...to insure themselves.. But strange indeed?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Mattodlum

Ok enough , this is supposed to be about the solar flare not religious instruction. There is another forum for Bible studies. Lets keep this strictly on the scientific level for the sake of those who are not religious or maybe even are of a different religion than yourself. That's democratic don't you think? Or are you here to recruit?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Aurora watch imaging is down for some reason, but if you look at the thumbnail, it looks like we might get "lights' all the way down to the Maryland - Pennsylvania border (which is where I am). I hope so! Supposed to be a clear night ahead of a warm front....Friday = rain though...Looking forward to a nice light show!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You do know that even a serious x class will only effect the portion of the earth that is facing the sun at the time that it reaches earth don't you? That means that the portion of the earth that is facing away from the sun, those who are in night, will be ok. And those systems can be used to bring up the other systems and get things back to normal. Communication disturbances will be a problem but hospitals have generators that run on gas so the innocent babies, ( good emotional image to insert in your fear mongering by the way) will be ok.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

To do what?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join