It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh yeah!, X-5 flare just happened.. May be earth directed, Bring it Sun!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
ahm... i'm not sure if people are being sarcastic or what or...

we should be thankful that our sun hasn't turn on us just yet no ? we are talking about our power gird and earthquakes here....

but thanks for the updates

and NO , don't bring it on sun , we love you~

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by doubledutch
heres a bbc horizon doc that aired last night here in the uk warning of such flairs.

bbc iplayer

I haven't watched it yet but will in the next day or so, otherwise I would give you the breakdown...

enjoy

I am not in the UK...so I can't watch it.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by intergalactic fire

Western Michigan...no idea what the latitude is. Supposedly people around here have seen them around here over the years....unfortunately i have not....although i try when there is a possibility.

You would see them if you were on the UP for sure. I lived in north central Minnesota many years ago, and the aurora was ever present.

Tip: Northern sky.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Dear Sol
Please knock out my work cell phone and VPN connection for a few days. That would be swell.

Your biggest fan,

Primus

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Alchemst7

Yeah, does anyone have anymore information about the sun being blacked out? Was that like on purpose ? Or was it another planet passing by it. Hmm, you got me curious now.
edit on 7-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Mattodlum

Well, since no one wants to be blunt about it and say it, I will.

NOTHING BAD IS GOING TO HAPPEN

Also, throwing bible versus at us won't prove anything. It won't prove
to us dying is a good thing, and it won't prove to us that this Suns
flare will kill all of us. There has been many X flares, and none
has killed us so far. Oh yeah, who is "they"? You know, at least
when we crazed people in the NWO forum (talking about myself
here really:lol
start saying "they", we're talking about politicians
to bankers to etc. The only "they" I know in the context of post,
is the "they" that constantly rewrote the bible.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Well, here are 30 recorded flares that are 9.0 and higher:

Largest recorded Flares

The weakest of those flares being almost double what you are reporting here. The world failed to burst into flames on those previous recorded flares, so I think we're probably going to be ok.

Sorry to put a damper on the doom brigade.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Its only a matter of time before one big enough to cause a Carrington Event hits the earth

If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend reading the book One Second After by Forstchen. While the book is actually a fictional account about what happens in a small rural town after an EMP attack, the affects and end results are the same as a Carrington Event.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
YAY! AURORAS FOR MY BIRTHDAY! HECK... AURORAS FOR EVERYONE!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Happy Birthday!!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Here are the latest "WSA-Enlil Solar Wind Prediction"s
solarham.com...

Watch between 8th and 9th. A big one comming, as I said before.

link   
The X class number or size has absolutely nothing to do with the size or mass of the CME.

Its not actually guaranteed your going to get a CME from any flare.

The danger is if the CME is directly aimed at the earth and coincides with the very large holes in our constantly weakening magnetosphere.

If all that lines up just right, the "electronics kill shot" can come from a relatively weak X18-20 flare with a CME of huge volume and propellent force.

If you look at the flare intensity chart you will see a new band added this year above X intensity. This is because a flare happened last year that was 50 times larger than any ever recorded, and it happened out of view on the back side of the sun. This released about 15% of the excess energy that has built up and is trapped under the suns surface. As the suns poles do their 11 year flip the rest of that energy will try to get out. but it may remain trapped under the surface after the pole swap. We have only been able to measure this type of energy since 2004. The only accurate measurements since 2009. All of that info is private knowledge of the US govt.

link   
The X class number or size has absolutely nothing to do with the size or mass of the CME.

Its not actually guaranteed your going to get a CME from any flare.

The danger is if the CME is directly aimed at the earth and coincides with the very large holes in our constantly weakening magnetosphere.

If all that lines up just right, the "electronics kill shot" can come from a relatively weak X18-20 flare with a CME of huge volume and propellent force.

If you look at the flare intensity chart you will see a new band added this year above X intensity. This is because a flare happened last year that was 50 times larger than any ever recorded, and it happened out of view on the back side of the sun. This released about 15% of the excess energy that has built up and is trapped under the suns surface. As the suns poles do their 11 year flip the rest of that energy will try to get out. but it may remain trapped under the surface after the pole swap. We have only been able to measure this type of energy since 2004. The only accurate measurements since 2009. All of that info is private knowledge of the US govt.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Awww thanks! AURORAS FOR YOU TOO!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

Look at the link I posted seconds before your post. Its indeed coming directly towards us.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Does not appear that it's going to be a direct hit.

From Spaceweather.com:

MAJOR SOLAR FLARE: Big sunspot AR1429 has unleashed another major flare. This one is the strongest yet, an X5-class eruption on March 7th at 00:28 UT. NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory recorded the extreme UV flash:

This eruption hurled a bright CME into space, shown here in a movie from the Solar Dynamics Observatory. Although the CME is not squarely Earth-directed, it appears direct enough to deliver a glancing blow to our planet's magnetic field on March 8-9. This would add to the magnetic unrest already underway at high latitudes.

The flare also accelerated energetic protons toward Earth, triggering an S3-class solar radiation storm, in progress. Such a storm is mainly a nuisance to satellites, causing occasional reboots of onboard computers and adding noise to imaging systems

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowalker
snip
If you look at the flare intensity chart you will see a new band added this year above X intensity. This is because a flare happened last year that was 50 times larger than any ever recorded, and it happened out of view on the back side of the sun.
snip

According to this link, you have false informations:
www.spaceweather.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Damrod
Does not appear that it's going to be a direct hit.

From Spaceweather.com:

It does! appear that it´s going to be a direct hit.
solarham.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
Here are the latest "WSA-Enlil Solar Wind Prediction"s
solarham.com...

Watch between 8th and 9th. A big one comming, as I said before.

No way! That looks like a direct hit on Thursday or Friday.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Big, but was it big enough?

How big is big enough? And, for what ?
This has probably been answered someplace on this thread but I had to ask for myself.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join