It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh yeah!, X-5 flare just happened.. May be earth directed, Bring it Sun!!!

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
SO.... Everyone survived im assuming...

The world didn't end....

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
SO.... Everyone survived im assuming...

The world didn't end....

What a pointless post. Are you still here? Is the power on?

For # sake, come up with something useful before posting the obvious.

*UPDATE*

As of right now, the Bz index is dipping back south, and we're still getting hit with the 2 CMEs, with another M6.3 on its way. With the potential of more flares going off today, keep checking the usual sites and post back here with any updates.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Updated @ 16:50 UT - March 9, 2012

They just took ACE out of safe mode Solar wind data is now coming in from ACE
www2.nict.go.jp...
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

Solar winds speeds have been recorded at SOHO as high as 947.40km/sec *The SEP event continues into March 9, 2012. We are now into the 2nd full day of protons remaining above the event level. A S2 Solar Radiation Storm is in effect at this time Read full report here
mysolaralerts.blogspot.com...

Solar Radiation Storm Levels www.swpc.noaa.gov... *There is a 40% chance of an X-class solar flare today from sunspot region 1429 *An aurora watch for high and mid latitudes is in effect for today, March 9, 2012

mysolaralerts.blogspot.com...
edit on 3/9/12 by s0l4rn1ghtm4r3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Haven't looked outside in the last two nights due to cloudiness in my area. However, a couple of months ago, when the last large solar flares took place we could see the auroras as far south as northern Mississippi. I saw them in the Memphis skyline, well after dark. to post by KewlDaddyFatty

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by Mattodlum

Yeah I believed in revelation when I was 12. Then I grew up.

The fact that you are encouraging a disaster to happen to fulfill a bible passage is just down right sad/creepy.

And even if revelations were true, a mentally stable person wouldn't want it to happen during their lifetime. That is unless you like seeing mass suffering around you.
edit on 7-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

hahaha you made me laugh sooooooooo much saying "unless you like seeing mass suffering around you"

What? like thats not already happening? i hope we do get hit by a big flare and it destroys all comms
then maybe we can go back to our roots with no manipulation and make a fresh start

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by Mattodlum

Yeah I believed in revelation when I was 12. Then I grew up.

The fact that you are encouraging a disaster to happen to fulfill a bible passage is just down right sad/creepy.

And even if revelations were true, a mentally stable person wouldn't want it to happen during their lifetime. That is unless you like seeing mass suffering around you.
edit on 7-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

hahaha you made me laugh sooooooooo much saying "unless you like seeing mass suffering around you"

What? like thats not already happening? i hope we do get hit by a big flare and it destroys all comms
then maybe we can go back to our roots with no manipulation and make a fresh start

^^^This all the way, I applaud you kind sir.

That is EXACTLY what this world needs, not a big enough flare to kill us, but one to give us a good reset. A fresh start with a chance to take back the world from TPTB.and do it right this time.

Have hope.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Does anyone know how long this particular sunspot, AR1429, will be a threat to earth? Seems like at the current moment it is directly facing earth, just wondering how fast it is moving on it's course across the face of the sun.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
*UPDATE*

Sunspot Region 1429 has produced a M6.3 solar flare at 03:22 UTC March 9, 2012. There was a Earth directed CME produced in association with this flare event. With a estimated ejection speed of 750 km/s the expected arrival time for the CME is on March 11, 2012 around 06:49UTC (+ or - 6hrs.) We will update the details of this expected CME as more data becomes available. Today there remains a strong chance for continued major flaring. NOAA has a 40% chance of an X-class solar flare today from sunspot region 1429. Be sure to check back often for further updates on this event. All updates will be added to the bottom of this report

From NASA: Event Issue Date: 2012-03-09 16:39:27.0 GMT CME Arrival Time: 2012-03-11 06:49:05.0 GMT Arival Time Confidence Level: ± 6 hours Disturbance Duration: 10 hours Disturbance Duration Confidence Level: ± 8 hours Magnetopause Standoff Distance: 5.2 Re

From solen: Region 11429 [N17E03] lost penumbral area with the main penumbra fragmenting into smaller penumbrae. The region still has several magnetic delta structures and could produce further major flares. The region was the source of a long duration major M6.3 event peaking at 03:53 UTC on March 9. STEREO-B indicates that another full halo CME was produced by this event. One magnetic delta structure was gone in region 11429 after the LDE and the center of the region is becoming quite open. Several new ARs had spots at 10:00 UTC, see the most recent high resolution CHARMAP. S1517 was located at S23E33, S1518 at S26E23 while S1519 was at N06W25. AR 11431 has developed slowly today, and there is spot development in the southern part of region 1428 as well. www.solen.info...

From SDIC: Due to the position of the CME source region close to the solar central meridian, we expect a nearly central encounter of the resulting ICME, which will probably be a magnetic cloud with leading southward field. A strong geomagnetic storm (K = 7 or higher) is probable.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
OK. Why so much hype by the media on a X5 class flare followed by a X1.4? What's going on anyway? NASA knows that these flares won't have much effect and so do other government organizations. I figure they are purposely not saying something to discredit others insight or that some other form of testing was purposely done about the same time by our government and this event was used as a cloak it just in case something happened. Maybe they boosted haarp when the CME was almost here. Hide things in plain sight. Hollywood could have been promoting the delivery of an upcoming movie by getting people scared of the sky too. I gotta start writing movie scripts or something, I

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Now that looks weird.. especially the Pressure on the right!!

Maybe somebody with more knowledge can shed some light on this

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Shed some light on it? I got the flashlight shining on the monitor and will now hit the reply button....

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by Hellas

Shed some light on it? I got the flashlight shining on the monitor and will now hit the reply button....

hehe

Here the latest

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
It is beautiful and lifegiving. It should always sound in the flood of data-checking. I used to ride the fear-horse too. Look, even if it strikes down some electronics it could create new jobs
new technologies
- progress

There's too much of electro smog anyway.
In general: People use toooo much psychotic substances these days (especially thc) and see just one side of the coin.
edit on 9/3/2012 by PapagiorgioCZ because: grammar

edit on 9/3/2012 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I wonder if with these solar flares the auroras can be seen in chicago. Ive never seen one before and I bet they look amazing in person.

And the title is funny too. Makes me think earth will go to war with the sun
edit on 9-3-2012 by Edgar806 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
you know we see and here that the suns been acting up so long on ATS and not once has anything bad happened....

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thank you for the links. I understand that this is highly complicated..

Here is the latest pic. The pressure is way high

www2.nict.go.jp...

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
One thing I found interesting this weekend was a knock on the door by the Police/Fire Department reminded us to check our smoke detector batteries then handing out information pamphlets one which was from FEMA on Preparedness.

Its a 14 page well put together little booklet which also talks about what to do in case of things like "Chemical Threats", Dirty Bombs, Nuclear blasts etc.. I live in St Louis. BTW

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
reply to post by Phage

Thank you for the links. I understand that this is highly complicated..

Here is the latest pic. The pressure is way high

www2.nict.go.jp...

Anyone know what's going on with that site? Last I checked the image was showing way heavier pressure on the magnetosphere, it was a white band basically, but now the page isn't working and the archives of the last few days aren't there.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by robhines

The website has frequent outages. It's back up now.

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33 >>

join