It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh yeah!, X-5 flare just happened.. May be earth directed, Bring it Sun!!!

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Despite nothing interesting happening, ive had a good time on this thread learning how to read the wealth of information and resources out there concerning solar flares and storms and feel a bit more informed for when the next flare happens. It's very cool being able to see a a flare happening with realtime information and then being able to follow the flares path and knowing when it hits and to the effects on the magnetosphere by looking at realtime data and undertanding its relation to what is happening.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo2

I agree. We all gained knowledge and preparedness of how to understand the information. Learning is never a waste of time.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Auroras are active, but not widely seen atm. Mostly Canada/Maine.

www.asc-csa.gc.ca...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Haven't seen any aurora lights yet. Hopefully later.

But just got a great look at Venus and Jupiter(?) and it had 4 moons aligned directly at Venus, very cool!

Happy flaring everyone!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Just so you all know, Mr. Knowitall was wrong, it's not over.

We've reached a geomagnetic storm of KP=7 and rising with the Bz index dropping south.

mysolaralerts.blogspot.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Oh yeah!
My PC collapsed at about 0400 GMT+1
Problem was especially with my mouse. I couldn't click anything. Once I had a plasma ball near my PC and It was similar.
This time no headache (yet) just change in the mood. I think we experienced worse but my PC always worked fine. Just online games were lagging. Gotta check it.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I'm in Germany right now and I have DUCKS on my backyard!!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The wind here feels like it might blow out my windows it's getting so strong.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by s0l4rn1ghtm4r3

Where you located? Calm here.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Seems to be a lot worse than it was yesterday, And the Bz index is pointing south as well, I assumed it was supposed to be at its worst yesterday....

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Don't you get many ducks in Germany?
I have ducks 24/7 where i live lol
They don't come in my back garden anymore though cause of my dog wanting to eat them

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
is this normal?

www2.nict.go.jp...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by justcurious31

Seriously. That looks like it's all over the place.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

That's what I though......

Should we get our tin foil hats out now?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by justcurious31
reply to post by Hellas

Don't you get many ducks in Germany?
I have ducks 24/7 where i live lol
They don't come in my back garden anymore though cause of my dog wanting to eat them

They have ducks here, but not where I staying at the moment. People went outside to feed them lol. Now they're gone

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Mattodlum

So major blackouts, satellite disruption, blah blah blah, Scientists never predict anything correctly, even with all the sophisticated equipment...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

Where you located? Calm here.

I'm In Northern Michigan and it's still wicked strong out there.

The lowered the KP index to 6 now.
edit on 3/9/12 by s0l4rn1ghtm4r3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Good luck and be safe.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I agree, this has been a very interesting and informative thread...S&F to the OP!

As far as intensity today... Perhaps our neighborhood experts could expand on the reasons for it.

I was under the understanding that when a CME/energy field encounters the magnetosphere and begins to move past, it "draaags" the magnetic field with it and eventually the magnetosphere "recoils" or "snaps back". Perhaps this is can cause some kind of flux in instrumentation?

No clue actually...just something I remember seeing/reading or hearing about at some point in time.
edit on 3/9/2012 by Damrod because: stuff

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
FYI latest on solar flare activity from sunspot 1429- an M 6.3 solar flare and earth-directed CME has erupted today 3/9/12. Obviously we handled the last X-flare that was earth-directed well, but with this repeated battering we are taking I'm wondering how this will affect the magnetosphere.
www.solarwatcher.net...

"CHANCE OF FLARES: NOAA forecasters estimate a 40% chance of an X-class solar flare today from big sunspot AR1429. The sunspot is almost directly facing Earth, so any such eruptions should be geoeffective."
www.spaceweather.com...

I think we will be fine but this increase in activity sure is interesting to watch and at least piques my interest in something that I have never given much consideration until now.

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33 >>

join