It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh yeah!, X-5 flare just happened.. May be earth directed, Bring it Sun!!!

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawika
Reporting in from Simi Valley, the land of Big Ron.

All lights bright lights, all conditions normal...

www.foxnews.com...

Sunstorm Watch: Planes rerouted as massive solar storm brushes by Earth
-------------------------------------------

Watching big ron on the laptop all is good in the usa.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by intergalactic fire

Well that didn't last long. Back to north.
Too bad the speed and density data is wonky.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Damn man, don't spoil it

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by intergalactic fire

That link you posted was helpful.
Got the SOHO data here:
umtof.umd.edu...
Speed is still up but the density is pretty low. Looks like it's pretty much passed us...we'll see.

edit on 3/8/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...

Breaking away for a moment from all of the CME news, a new sunspot is now rotating into view on the eastern limb. Image by SDO.

"edit"

Opps didn't realise this was already put on, Sorry ...
Added pic though
edit on 3/8/2012 by justcurious31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Wonder if the X1.3 already came in. Don't know what the arrival predictions are for that one.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Ist that 'Normal' ??

www2.nict.go.jp...

ETA:

It looks even weirder now

edit on 8-3-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Pretty much so. The south turn of the By component gives it that "twisty" look.
But since the speed and density data is all messed up anyway the simulation isn't really worth looking at right now.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...

As you can see in the new Stonyhurst Helio image, I have the new Sunspot rotating into view off the eastern limb circled. You can track existing and possible new Sunspot regions by visiting the SolarHam Farside Watch at this link solarham.com... . This new sunspot formed on March 5th by looking at the previous days images. Will this be the next active Sunspot? Only time will tell.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I let my two husky/malamute dogs out for a lil while today, and when they came back in their coats felt like they were filled with static electricity. Lets say that a huge radiation filled solar flare comes hurdling towards earth, how does this effect our pets, or with their coats keep them well protected?
edit on 8-3-2012 by ambient moon because: edit

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1
reply to post by Char-Lee

Well star me afterwards when we passed the deadline and nothing has happened or wrote about it in the news papers....

k already gave you that star since i agree with you pretty much anyway :-) I do try never to say never though.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Still here, nothing happened.

Cell phone works...Check
Internet works... Check

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Russia is pretty much here as well. Besides a car getting stuck in our snowy road and some great shining in the sky, that could perhaps be an Aurora we had quite an uneventful day. No lights flickering and no more trains stopping due to signalling errors. But I did hear our power net is being protected pretty well against an EMP. I live near a huge power plant so I tend to worry if something threatens it. But if things go awry I doubt I would be warned and be able to make it before it blows
The only thing we have heard in Russia are nation-wide warnings of people feeling ill due to geomagnetic storm and fine-tuned electronics might give out. But they warn us before each geomagnetic storm. Nothing unusual, as far as I understood it.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Our phones here in good ole TN have been a little whacky but other that...ALL CLEAR.. everyone can come out now.

Here is what spaceweather.com says..

CME IMPACT: A coronal mass ejection (CME) hit Earth's magnetic field on March 8th around 1100 UT. The impact was weaker than expected, sparking only a mild (Kp=5) geomagnetic storm. However, the storm could intensify in the hours ahead depending on electromagnetic conditions in the wake of the CME. High-latitude sky watchers should be alert for auroras.

Still unsettled and still stormy...maybe keep close to the bunker..

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

My mobile phone has been a bit crackly, Facebook seems messed up, the whole country is wind, rain and clouds, so no chance of seeing any aurora, and I have had a splitting bad head all day!

None of this may be related to the storm.....but just throwing it out there.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Well, the only thing I felt outside is that it's a bit windy. When the wind hits you and blows you it's kind of warm. But, that's it.

Oh and with the metal in my back, I didn't fly up through the air to the magnets.

edit on 8-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

What are you saying? That's normal everyday everything. It all portrays the state of the USA
We'll never be able to see the light.
edit on 8-3-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Lol, I'm in the UK, but I hear you! Patches in the clouds now, but not seeing anything....I'm in the farthest Northest of England, so I had the best chance of anyone here, boooo!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Interesting.

But anyway.

About the doomsdayers and the wishcasters....

Death and destruction are what this world is. If you think death and destruction are going to make the world better, you're misled. People have evolved to live in this environment of death and destruction and are incapable of living in a environment without death and destruction. By wishing for death and destruction and being granted your wish, all you're doing is making people more dependent on death and destruction and making it even more impossible for them to ever live in a world without it. So, as a whole, humanity is unprepared and unequipped for a world without widespread suffering and heartache. We will naturally feel the impulse to go towards the darkness and the deprivation when we're in a shifting and unfamiliar environment, but please do not. Adapting to a world of light and peace and plenty will be very hard, as we will constantly yearn for darkness and war and scarcity, but it's well worth it.
edit on 8-3-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join