It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tremor/explosive noise heard around Alabama

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by napayshni57

There was talk about it being an F-35 but there was an updated post about how the testing flight got canceled. Man i don't know whats going on. People who are following the event are freaking out cause there is no answer for it( of course thats what most would do)

Here is a link to the F-35 being canceled
mobile.bloomberg.com...

And this just in the latest update Says that something did show up in radar but it was wasnt seismic it seems to be man made

www.alabamawx.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LerroyJenkins

I'm not sure I'm buying that man made part. I live around a place that the government blows up old amunitions and even with all those explosives going off the ants don't go crazy. They sensed something that messed with them before we felt anything. I read on his fb page where someone left a comment saying some scientist in Ca said it might be a precursor to an earthquake. I don't know how true that is since he didn't sight his sources.

I would of thought a man made explosion underground would of set those numbers higher if it was big enough to shake houses in so many counties also.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I completely agree with you statement. At this point I think they are just trying to come up with anything other than doomsday related. I do however like how he put quotes around man made

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LerroyJenkins

Someone did report the water in clanton is muddy. I don't know if they meant the drinking water or what. That was their reason for not buying into the sonic boom theory. I don't know what muddy water would mean though.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by dmonkey

No effing way... the youtube link is from some guy talking over the College of Dupage website. That's in Illinois, like 20 minutes from myself. I'm gonna try to contact this guy, see if I can get him to post anything about his theories. Great link! Cool stuff. S&F

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

This happened where I live a couple of years ago. It scared us to death, but it turned out to be a meteorite that exploded before it hit the ground.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by napayshni57
This might not have anything to do with this. A little after 3 today my son came in and told me to come outside the ants were going crazy. So I went out side. The ants were pouring out of an ant hill. They were going in a circle. Then they started to die. There was a mess of dead ants about 6 inches wide all around the hill. A few were still in the center and they were just wandering around in circles until they finally died.

I live about an hour and a half N.E. of Birmingham.

Did it look something like this.

Then there is an explanation.

edit on 7-3-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by LerroyJenkins
James Spann our weather reporter is getting reports from 10+ counties of shaking and explosive noises. Only source right now is on his twitter or facebook page. He posted moments ago "Tremor/explosive noise today was not a quake. Sonic boom, meteor, blasting are all possible, but nobody knows for now"

Does anyone else live in Bama? I have not felt or heard anything yet
His twitter
twitter.com...#!/spann

Sounds to me like someone is lying again. Just like when there's shaking and booming noises in North Carolina where a giant fault line runs in the Appalchian mountains, people would rather blame "Seneca Guns" when they can't explain something.

Sonic boom seems like a poor excuse to me. Could be caused by fracking if you guys got natural gas drilling going on there.
edit on 7-3-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Wow, I hope that's not the case. Mass die off of ants, maybe they can take care of my critter problem. I got bunch of ant piles here. Definitely will be keep an eye out. Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

No more updates this morning. Funny how stuff like this just goes away. Still checking around and hoping that someone else from ATS was in the area.

There Def was something that showed up on seismograph
www.alabamaquake.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

It looked somewhat similar to that except they headed right off the mound. In the video the man says army ants do that. These weren't army ants. These were fire ants. In my book it was a good thing they died.

I did notice today when I was out mowing none of the mounds that were in the tall grass were alive when I hit them. Nothing came running out like they usually do when I run them over with the rider. I watch because when they come out I go back over there and hope the mower blows them so far away they can't find their way home and go to my neighbors yard.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by napayshni57
reply to post by Mianeye

It looked somewhat similar to that except they headed right off the mound. In the video the man says army ants do that. These weren't army ants. These were fire ants. In my book it was a good thing they died.

I did notice today when I was out mowing none of the mounds that were in the tall grass were alive when I hit them. Nothing came running out like they usually do when I run them over with the rider. I watch because when they come out I go back over there and hope the mower blows them so far away they can't find their way home and go to my neighbors yard.

Possibly a gas burp underground. Alabama has methane gas under a lot of areas...

Oil and Gas Industry in Alabama

Mobile Bay is a source of gas and Mobile Bay Gas WellAlabama is among the top 10 producers of oil and among the top 15 producers of natural gas in the United States. Oil and gas are found in a number of counties as well as in Mobile Bay. The state has developed some of the most stringent environmental regulations regarding drilling in its offshore waters. Currently, the state produces almost $2.5 billion worth of oil and gas annually, and $500 million of those revenues are returned to the citizens of Alabama in taxes, royalties, and trusts for use in education and other state programs.
encyclopediaofalabama.org...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I have seen a couple comments concerning the Raptors aka F-22 or F-35 aircraft making these sounds. As a F-16 crew-chief and also have been around F-22's, there is no way they made these "booms"! There is absolutely no way; period! They do fly faster than an F-15 or F-15, but that has nothing to do with breaking the sound barrier. I can also tell you that the "Sound Barrier No Fly Zones" are enforced and not lifted.

Back in 2001, I sat in a meeting with the Secretary of the Air Force, 27th Fighter Wing Commander, all base Squadron Commanders and all Chief Master Sergeants on base and the meeting was about trying to fly super-sonic in certain areas of New Mexico. The Secretary of the Air Force was denying the base to do this for training the pilots in war scenarios because of an endangered prairie dog in the requested air space areas. The chief said, "I don't care about the red toe nail painted coach roach that is endangered. I want my pilots to train super sonic because that is how they will fight".

My point is, the F-22 or F-35 is not the culprit.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join