It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which of these two philosophies seem more true? I need feed back..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Paxism and an unnamed philosophy which I'll refer to as "Appreciationism" as of now...

Paxism says that everything is consciousness. Space / Aether is the conscious, eternal, infinite, omnipresent, and omnipotent container which all things exists in and are a part of. Space is not "nothingness", it is actually "something". It is the thing that exists through all things, and it is all accepting and all neutral (peaceful), however, "matter", the things with in it can become positively or negatively charged, and even change from one to another, but the neutrality (peace) is dominant since this is the state of Space / Aether.

Appreciationism says that everything is consciousness, and this consciousness is aware of itself and appreciates itself deeply. It is all existence and it is even you and I, and when we live our lives in appreciation, we see through the perspective of the consciousness of the whole or God if that is what you want to call it.

Not sure which one seems more true yet, if any. I would love feed back on which seems more true and why or why not...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I want a philosophy thats true, not one that sounds nice in theory. both of those sound like they grasping for the happy universe thats full of purpose.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

I can see how Appreciationism may sound like it is grasping for meaning and happiness, but how is Paxism doing this? Can you elaborate a little bit?

What if the "truth" is that there is meaning and happiness? Anyway, I would like to know how Paxism is trying to be happy and meaningful, when its basis is neutral.
edit on 6-3-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Does either require that someone make up your mind as to which is right?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
To me, Paxism sounds a bit more legit and descriptive. In Roman times it was all society at peace. No wars. Pax is the Latin word for Peace. Appreciationism is a bit too high level and vague... no real target. My intuition tells me to go with Paxism as the truth.

if its worth 2 cents I guess.

Also, Paxism is a choice by leaders to not go to war.
edit on 6-3-2012 by TommyG because: added last line

edit on 6-3-2012 by TommyG because: typo

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

hello,

i can tell you with 100% certainty that space is nothingness. disconnect yourself from source (consciousness) there is nothingness. where you are right now physically speaking there is nothing but a void... the only reason we experience space (and time) as we do is our connection to/ projection of source/consciousness.

the reason i can tell you that this is true is that i have experienced this. i have been going through the ascension process and as part of my journey have been disconnected from source for nearly five years now. i have been living in a void. no matter where i go or what i try to do there is NOTHING because i am not currently connected to source. i have not been able to connect to the physical world/ participate in the creating process that is life. my inability to connect to space or experience space is just one piece of this.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
The fact that are two,not in opposition, means neither are true.

Read the Kybalion

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Paxism and an unnamed philosophy which I'll refer to as "Appreciationism" as of now...

Paxism says that everything is consciousness. Space / Aether is the conscious, eternal, infinite, omnipresent, and omnipotent container which all things exists in and are a part of. Space is not "nothingness", it is actually "something". It is the thing that exists through all things, and it is all accepting and all neutral (peaceful), however, "matter", the things with in it can become positively or negatively charged, and even change from one to another, but the neutrality (peace) is dominant since this is the state of Space / Aether.

Appreciationism says that everything is consciousness, and this consciousness is aware of itself and appreciates itself deeply. It is all existence and it is even you and I, and when we live our lives in appreciation, we see through the perspective of the consciousness of the whole or God if that is what you want to call it.

Not sure which one seems more true yet, if any. I would love feed back on which seems more true and why or why not...

WE-ism is a lot like both of those:

"WE are All for One and One for All, for WE are One Love for One and All."

You cannot have Love without Consciousness and WE-ism says within it that WE is a plural singularity, thus, WE is never alone as One.

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by nicolet
reply to post by arpgme

hello,

i can tell you with 100% certainty that space is nothingness. disconnect yourself from source (consciousness) there is nothingness. where you are right now physically speaking there is nothing but a void... the only reason we experience space (and time) as we do is our connection to/ projection of source/consciousness.

the reason i can tell you that this is true is that i have experienced this. i have been going through the ascension process and as part of my journey have been disconnected from source for nearly five years now. i have been living in a void. no matter where i go or what i try to do there is NOTHING because i am not currently connected to source. i have not been able to connect to the physical world/ participate in the creating process that is life. my inability to connect to space or experience space is just one piece of this.

First, there are 3 connections to SourCe Consciousness and you cannot be here without at least 1 connection, if kNot 2, sew while you think you aren't connected, you are, you just don't know it for all Life is connected to SourCe Consciousness or you wouldn't be here and considering the possibility that you current exist INSIDE the Mind of that Consciousness, you cannot be within that which you claim kNot to be connected to.

As to Space, you seriously went off the deep end with that one. Space is the Body of the Consciousness you say you aren't connected to, sew Space is kNot nothingness.
Nothingness exists OUTSIDE this Lifeform you call the Universe, otherwise, it's sumthing.

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TommyG
To me, Paxism sounds a bit more legit and descriptive. In Roman times it was all society at peace. No wars. Pax is the Latin word for Peace. Appreciationism is a bit too high level and vague... no real target. My intuition tells me to go with Paxism as the truth.

if its worth 2 cents I guess.

Also, Paxism is a choice by leaders to not go to war.
edit on 6-3-2012 by TommyG because: added last line

edit on 6-3-2012 by TommyG because: typo

I guess the "target", if that is what you want to call it... is this:

Paxism - relax, calm down, and allow yourself to go back to inner peace which is your true nature THEN from intuition you'll make a decision...

Appreciationism - Learn to live in appreciating by seeing all things through appreciation. All things that exists is connected and this entire connection - this entire whole, forms a great consciousness of it's own which our consciousness is a part of. This consciousness appreciates itself, therefore it appreciates nature, animals, humans, etc. and we can link with this higher consciousness by living in appreciation.

Originally posted by nicolet
reply to post by arpgme

hello,

So if you are currently not connected to source - then you are in the void - therefore, how are you on you on the internet? Also, if "nothing" or "void" exists, why is it that scientists can not find non-existence ANYWAY. No matter where we look, SOMETHING exists.

That which you call "void" or "nothingness" scientists, looked into it with quantum microscopes and it turns out that there are even particles there. No nothingness.

Originally posted by zroth

The fact that are two,not in opposition, means neither are true.

Read the Kybalion

So if things don't contradict that means that they are both not true? How is that logical at all

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

I guess the "target", if that is what you want to call it... is this:

Paxism - relax, calm down, and allow yourself to go back to inner peace which is your true nature THEN from intuition you'll make a decision...

Appreciationism - Learn to live in appreciating by seeing all things through appreciation. All things that exists is connected and this entire connection - this entire whole, forms a great consciousness of it's own which our consciousness is a part of. This consciousness appreciates itself, therefore it appreciates nature, animals, humans, etc. and we can link with this higher consciousness by living in appreciation.

Ok, I can now see your dilemma. However, one more clarification if you will. Are you trying to make a choice here? What is your final outcome?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Neither is possible. Consciousness is not primordial at all. It is an epitome progressive development achievement. Consciousness is sentience. I have no idea why so many people do not understand this.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

The "appreciationism" that you speak of sounds a little like it stems from the unified field theory or super super-string theory that Dr. John Hagelin speaks of. IMO. I may be in WAY over my head here but im interested none-the-less.
pls. don`t scorn me if I am,...just an wondering.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
reply to post by arpgme

Neither is possible. Consciousness is not primordial at all. It is an epitome progressive development achievement. Consciousness is sentience. I have no idea why so many people do not understand this.

Why can't it be that everything is made of energy and energy is consciousness?

Originally posted by Ranong
reply to post by arpgme

The "appreciationism" that you speak of sounds a little like it stems from the unified field theory or super super-string theory that Dr. John Hagelin speaks of. IMO. I may be in WAY over my head here but im interested none-the-less.
pls. don`t scorn me if I am,...just an wondering.

I do not know anything about his work, so I wouldn't be sure, but generally speaking, appreciationism is basically pantheism the idea that everything is God (Consciousness) and that it appreciates itself (existence - even us)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

the only fact is the fact that u reject while meaning fact intelligence

why u insist to b of what is right? bc u mean to profit from rights as positive thing, ok

but how right exist if u r not right?

u keep meaning consciousness as smthg out willing to be through knowledge use

but then if u can be of truth, there is no truth, it is only u with some knowledge, which will fast turn to evil pleasures since there will b always rights to abuse that u r never

new topics

top topics

join