It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retired Generals To Obama: No War With Iran. (2/5/2012)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
It is a bad situation fellas that will probably lead to war is all there is to say at the end of the day.I don't control the world,I mean come on fellas.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Israel has a strong ally in the US, which is seemingly at this little pariah of a nation's beck and call. Iran however has some pretty strong allies as well - namely China, Russia, Germany, France. Then of course there's Hezbollah in Lebanon - whose missiles could strike into the heart of Israel by proxy on Iran's behalf. Iran itself having limited capacity to strike Israel by missile and certainly not from the air.

The only threat the Iranian regime presents is the abuse of ITS OWN PEOPLE - not to any other nations.

Now according to a recent talk given by Noam Chomsky, where he presents the Pentagon Report to the White House on Iran, Iran is NO THREAT to any country out-with its borders. Iran's military strategy is one of defence and of deterrent. The Pentagon Report goes on to state that Iran's failure to clarify whether or not they are building nukes is part of their deterrent strategy.

Chomsky does go on to describe how only the notion of Iran having nuclear capabilities would be enough to terrorize Jewish Israeli citizens (many of whom have dual nationality status) into leaving Israel in their droves.It is the fear of mass emigration that motivates Israel - not mass annihilation.

Just putting myself in the shoes of an Iranian citizen right now - with the number of US troops camped around its borders - the hostility and constant threats from the West (all at Israel's behest) - and the fact that if you do have nukes (North Korea/Pakistan) the West pisses off and leaves you alone to seek a weaker victim - as an Iranian I'd want nukes too.

edit on 7-3-2012 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

edit on
edit on 7-3-2012 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
No way to know what could happen if the entire region becomes armed with nucelar bombs.No college professor or anyone can predict what will happen.I think everyone agrees either way it is very dangerous situation.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

I dont know why the generals are worried....Obama is a pinko-commie liberal.
He doesnt have the balls to go up against Iran....

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
We didn't need a general to warn us. If people would just listen to Ron Paul, he's been saying it would be dangerous to go to war with Iran during the entire GOP caucus!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Sooner or later you guessed it:
Canada

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Grease on the election wagon wheels...USA will not be giving up Financial Security ie OPEC Oil traded in US Dollars.
This week alone we have heard more Krap from MSM ....I gotta wonder, has if anything to do with Super Tuesday

ADDED: Iran across a lot of Generals at ARCENT Command Few could carry on a conversation.Most were brain dead.
edit on 7-3-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Those retired generals may be getting on in age but they are rational and have not lost the use of their brains. Always use diplomacy, tact, restrain and explore all avenues to peaceful settlement before resorting to war. These gentlemen belong to a bygone era when America was looked up upon and could be relied upon to do the right thing.
America's credibility and ability in handling situations like this has taken a knock. Iraq (case in point) is today more worse off than before the US invasion. The whole country is in a mess and it'll probably take another 20 years before life goes back to normalcy. Those generals probably want to save the US from going bankrupt, being " used " in one war after another. They are no longer involved and are assessing the situation as in a bigger picture unlike those who are focused on an area only.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join