It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retired Generals To Obama: No War With Iran. (2/5/2012)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Came across this on facebook today. I am going to put it here wholsale as I can not find another source to link to other than my account. I will keep looking though. Apparently this was ran as an add on the front page of the Wall Street Journal yesterday so who knows if it is real or not. I'm guessing it is. Hopefully I or someone can find another source for the information.

I hope this will hope show people that not everyone in the military is evil and there are people willing to tell Mr. Obama how it is.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

thank you very much

star and flag

silence is considered consent in this day and age,
and we must not be silent about sending people to die,

true heros stand up in the face of all condemnation and say what is true,

these men are heros if lives are saved,
i hope there is more people who refuse to be silent.

xploder

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I have one question for the Generals:

If the US pulls out of international politics. Who is left to take their place?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Obama is not beating the war drum to iran, Its other politicians who are doing it. he undertands the severity in the matter. There was a press releas on it today. I'll have to dig up the link.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

I don't believe the Generals were suggesting that the US pull out of international politics.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Phantom

I don't believe the Generals were suggesting that the US pull out of international politics.

Unfortunately, international politics is tied in with the US military presence around the world. That includes the use of, or at least the threat of such force. And US interest seems to run in line with a number of other countries in that region.

Iran VS the USA is not really, Iran VS the USA.

In short.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Phantom

Unfortunately, international politics is tied in with the US military presence around the world. That includes the use of, or at least the threat of such force. And US interest seems to run in line with a number of other countries in that region.

Iran VS the USA is not really, Iran VS the USA.

In short.

They didn't even suggest that the US shouldn't have military presence around the world. They just said you shouldn't go around attacking people until you use all other options. If people in office held the belief that international politics meant bombing the crap out of every nation that 'could be a threat' we would have to bomb every nation on earth. These Generals are right, we shouldn't rush into war.
edit on 6-3-2012 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
The Wall St Journal ran this without the approval from the zionist media, murdoch mogule, US Government authorisation?

I dont think so!

I'd be more willing to bet this is the USA's attempt at showing Israel they will go it alone if dont listen to us.

The people dont want the war, the USA government doesnt want the war, we cant afford it, we dont have the stomach for it, we dont have the need for it.. and we sure as hell arent going to do it because that little yapping dog that is Israel is trying to blackmail us into it.

If we follow Israel, what happens in 20yrs time when they try to force us into a war with Russia, or China so someone we 'cant' hit...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Phantom

They didn't even suggest that the US shouldn't have military presence around the world. They just said you shouldn't go around attacking people until you use all other options. If people in office held the belief that international politics meant bombing the crap out of every nation that 'could be a threat' we would have to bomb every nation on earth. These Generals are right, we shouldn't rush into war.

Who says it's being rushed into? There has been plenty of going ons behind the curtain on the world stage. The real question is, why can't they just tell people the real reason they want to go in, and do it anyways.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Wouldn't that be great if it was true?
There are few things I hate worse than chickenhawks. There are few that I respect more than military leaders who understand that we should not always be at war.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

reply to post by The_Phantom

Who says it's being rushed into? There has been plenty of going ons behind the curtain on the world stage. The real question is, why can't they just tell people the real reason they want to go in, and do it anyways.

'Who is saying it's being rushed into?'

These US Generals
edit on 6-3-2012 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The media and political talking heads have been drumming up a war with Iran since Bush declared them a member of the 'Axis of Evil' in 2002. Superficially rising gas prices is constantly correlated to a troublesome Iran by the propaganda machine.

Here!! Here!!! To no war with Iran!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
The opening sentence in the 2nd paragraph says it all though...

Unless we or an ally is attacked, war should be an option of last resort.

Cue an 'unthinkable' false flag against Israel and the MSM's orchestra of propaganda to go with the already synchronized beat of the war drums and 'we' will practically be begging for an invasion.

edit on 6-3-2012 by tooo many pills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
If we follow Israel, what happens in 20yrs time when they try to force us into a war with Russia, or China so someone we 'cant' hit...

Exactly. Maybe this is why are starting to see some military brass come forward with letters like in the OP? Sounds like the Israelis may be pulling the plug on diplomacy, and are coming to announce it. And then putting everyone else in the position of "who's side are you on, anyway?" But for what. So where is ISRAELI evidence that Iran is pursuing nuclear weapons? On a laptop? Nuh uh. Not good enough.

Israel, just like Ron Paul, chooses its battles wisely. For you don't see Israel questioning why Russia or China should be "allowed" to have nuclear weapons. If Israel sent a contingent of IDF to Georgia, the Russians would still bring to bear overwhelming force, as is exemplified, many times over, in modern warfare. And as was exemplified in Georgia itself the last time- to a quiet US administration, that ultimately decided they better not start WW3 over the issue.

If the Russians saw they were beat on the ground with new Israeli weapon systems, they'd simply launch some small tactical nukes and be done with it. And if air strikes started hurting them, they'd start taking out populations. This is their intention now, and logical methodology. And they've been pretty vocal about it in the press. They are not going to sweat the small stuff anymore. Their military was directed long ago to assume this position and limit conventional weapons development, at least from some of the things I've read.

Latest news is US officials think Israel has already decided to strike Iran, as a lone wolf. Everyone's saying "diplomacy" still, while Israel is ready to move. Israel is so terrified of Iran getting a nuke that they've got blinders on. They want INSANE amounts of IAEA intrusion and inspection in Iran, and yet they will refuse any for themselves. Any at ALL.

I imagine that top US military brass are potentially offended that Israel would dare go it alone, or dare cut ties to act unilaterally. After all the long years... I have hope too that they are saying "enough." If Israel attacks Iran and all hell breaks loose, then let the place turn to glass while we go get in our bunkers and screw them, and the American people. At least Russia took care of its own.
edit on Tue Mar 6th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

The US already fought two wars against Russia in Vietnam and Afghanistan. It had nothing to do with Israel.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Those were proxy wars. Duh.

reply to post by Agit8dChop

The US already fought two wars against Russia in Vietnam and Afghanistan. It had nothing to do with Israel.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
We didnt fight a war against Russia, we did what we are doing now and thats aid an opposition in afghanistan, and vietnam turned out to be us fighting the vietnamese (watch fog of war)

But that was then, back in old school 'drop bombs and send in the troops' days..

im talking about now..

what happens in the next 2 decades when russia tries to force us to openly hit russia, or china.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

We didnt fight a war against Russia, we did what we are doing now and thats aid an opposition in afghanistan, and vietnam turned out to be us fighting the vietnamese (watch fog of war)

But that was then, back in old school 'drop bombs and send in the troops' days..

im talking about now..

what happens in the next 2 decades when russia tries to force us to openly hit russia, or china.

To answer that question ask yourself why there was a cold war at all.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

?

I think we' are totally on different wavelengths here dude.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

?

I think we' are totally on different wavelengths here dude.

The US and Russia fought proxy wars for a reason. There was a cold war for a reason. Neither country wanted to end up on the other's door step because it was bad for both of them.

The US does not go to war because "people" ask them to. Whether or not that is how it is portrayed in the media, that is not the reason. The US will not go to war because "Israel asks it to."

That was what I was trying to get across.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join