It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Year and 5000 Posts later...What Have I Learned on ATS?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Well, missed it by a day and 7 posts but hey, who's counting?

So...what have I learned from all this time on ATS?

Let's see...

I have learned how little I knew 1 year ago and maybe how much happier I was at not knowing some of these things.

My air is polluted, my water is poisoned, my food is destroyed, my rights are disappearing, my freedoms are an illusion, my heroes had agendas, my neighbors spy on me, my friends are blind, my family thinks I’m crazy, my property doesn’t really belong to me, my money is fake, my gas costs innocent lives, my clothes are made by slave labor, my shoes...the same, my internet isn’t private, my smart meter spies on me, my medicines are killing me, my Govt. sees me as a terrorist, my emails are not private...and so much more.

I have also learned that I will probably die from a volcano, tsunami, asteroid, black hole, ice age, pole reversal, ww3, starvation, martial law, vaccination, alien invasion, disease, earthquake, terrorists, my own Govt., GMO’s...and so much more.

So what is it that I have really learned?

Same $#it...different year...

Having said all that, I have also learned that there are some incredible folks here on ATS and I wouldn't change that for anything.

Thanks to all and here's to another year. Although I have also learned that we don't have another year remaining...Crap!

Oh well. Time for a shot of JD and a nap...

Peace

edit on 6-3-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
hi op
cheers for the laugh before i go to bed
its all to much at times
my thread earlier has kept me busy lol
im off to bed now chuckeling
cheers jude
for the nightmare to come hahaha

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Congrats! Good thing you came around here, otherwise, you would never know just how screwed you are!

What I gained? Some super cool bread making skills, oh yeah, and how to make yeast!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Well said man, gratz on 5000 posts I am no where even close to that lol

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
Congrats! Good thing you came around here, otherwise, you would never know just how screwed you are!

What I gained? Some super cool bread making skills, oh yeah, and how to make yeast!

Yup, also learned that there are a lot of other people that like making breads as well...

Peace

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Hehe, that's a hilarious post. Thanks for that, lol.

Congrats on the year anniversary and congrats on the 5,000 (when you get there of course..) posts too. You're a good contributor here y'know, I hope you stick around for a while yet.

To another year and to another 5,000 posts.
edit on 6-3-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart
hi op
cheers for the laugh before i go to bed
its all to much at times
my thread earlier has kept me busy lol
im off to bed now chuckeling
cheers jude
for the nightmare to come hahaha

Glad to spread some cheer.

Have a good night!

Peace

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
reply to post by jude11

Hehe, that's a hilarious post. Thanks for that, lol.

Congrats on the year anniversary and congrats on the 5,000 (when you get there of course..) posts too. You're a good contributor here y'know, I hope you stick around for a while yet.

To another year and to another 5,000 posts.
edit on 6-3-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

Thanks for that.

Enjoyed many of your contributions as well.

Hopefully we're both here a year from now.

Peace

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
What I've learned since coming here is that all this stuff is true (bad food, bad air, bad govenments, conspiracies, etc...) At the same time, people who never come here and just watch American Idol live fine lives and get by okay eating the bad food, taking the poison drugs and vaccines, etc...

So what is the conclusion? The duality of reality. This stuff is true, but in another way, it isn't. If you get me?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I feel you, the whole worlds gone crazy, just like last year, and the year before that SSDD (Same Sh*t Different Day)
Yet we soldier on for the promise of a brighter tomorrow

And gratz on the 5000 posts, have not quite reached that number, ill try and stay more active on the forum in the year to come (Might be my last chance

Namaste.
edit on 6/3/12 by WiseThinker because: Spelling errors

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hillarie
What I've learned since coming here is that all this stuff is true (bad food, bad air, bad govenments, conspiracies, etc...) At the same time, people who never come here and just watch American Idol live fine lives and get by okay eating the bad food, taking the poison drugs and vaccines, etc...

So what is the conclusion? The duality of reality. This stuff is true, but in another way, it isn't. If you get me?

Yeh, I posted in a light-hearted kind of way but it is indeed all true.

Gotta keep the humor up tho...or go mad.

Peace

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by WiseThinker
I feel you, the whole worlds gone crazy, just like last year, and the year before that SSDD (Same Sh*t Different Day)
Yet we soldier on for the promise of a brighter tomorrow

And gratz on the 5000 posts, have not quite reached that number, ill try and stay more active on the forum in the year to come (Might be my last chance

Namaste.
edit on 6/3/12 by WiseThinker because: Spelling errors

I am still not sure if it's the promise of a brighter tomorrow or the fact that we really don't know what else to do...?

Oh well. Either way, we're all here and hoping...

Peace

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
And here it is!

5,000 posts...

Somehow, I think I'm going to see banners and candles or something like that when I hit send...

Peace

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Hey Jude,

I came here to find bigfoot.
Man, after a while , the last thing on my mind was finding bigfoot.

I found what you found and now I'm lost in this forest of knowledge
that somehow arms you with everything you need
yet leaves you naked on the edge of some greatest secret....

great post
I salute you with some JD too @5000.

edit on 6-3-2012 by gypsychology909 because: filled out

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
CRAP!!!!

That didn't work out as well as I thought...

Peace

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

The way i see it then, even though i would never consider it, then knowing that there is a possibility of ending it all right now, that empowers someone, in most cases will help people who are considering it. As in you say " Its ok, its your life, its your choice, you can end it if YOU want " then, that veil of control that the current system has put on you, slips, for just a little second, as you realize, this is your life, your choice (I do not advice you actually do this though, for obv reasons) .

So i don't think its because there is nothing else to do, because there is, you can choice to end this experience you choose to live, or keep going, and hope more people wake up to the prosperity of a better tomorrow (Problem is teaching sheep, that today is horrible
), so the way i see it, then its all about gaining knowledge, and trying to spread that knowledge, even if it goes on deaf ears, as they will think about what you said, even if its just subcutaneously, a small idea can blossom easily

Post turned out abit longer than intended xD, And actual congrats on the 5,000

Namaste

edit on 6/3/12 by WiseThinker because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/3/12 by WiseThinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Ok Mods...Who's playing around???

5001 posts throughout the entire thread? Nice one. Unless I broke the machine...

Peace

ETA:

Never mind...I just broke my brain.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Congratulations on 5000 posts. I certainly hope you will be with us for a long time.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
Congratulations on 5000 posts. I certainly hope you will be with us for a long time.

Ok, this got me a little teary eyed...Damn it!

Thank you for that!

Peace

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
You cracked me up!! Happy Anniversary!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join