It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Greatest Regret

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Of course it balances your Karma. (If we have Karma), but if we do, working it out in this way is all we have, so we must do it, and you say you "love doing it", so that is the best!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Awe Im sorry to hear you have felt this way for so long. I dont think you did anything you have to feel regret or sorry for. You put the little bird out of its misery. He probably wouldn't have made it anyways. You did a good thing, you didn't let it suffer.

*hugs*

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

At what point in my OP did I, to any extent, imply my point was related to confrontation? My point was about the responsibility of life and death, and the poor choice I made. Never was anything about confrontation mentioned. You're the one who tied my point into confrontation, which is why I am now calling it to your attention that your interpretation of my point is inaccurate.

You stated your rant, which was your guilt for killing the wounded bird. But it's just more than guilt because you stated you felt like you sinned, and that life shouldn't be thrown away so lickety-split. Then you go on to ask people what they regret. When I read your response as to why you felt bad, I felt compelled to answer your question in a way that reflected your experience, as I felt it had a parallel to my own.

My post isn't about a confrontation, it was about telling you what I regretted not doing. I just answered your question. I'm sorry that it was an answer you didn't like. But my answer is legit and I know there are other people that have the same regret.

The section of my OP that this quote is questioning does not, in any way, suggest confrontation.

I never said it did.

It does not suggest that you oppose differing viewpoints. It does not instruct or imply that variety in beliefs is a bad thing. It discusses the evils of choosing death over mercy, and how I regret ending an innocent creature's life.

Ok? And that is your viewpoint, and you asked what other people regretted doing or not doing, and I gave you an answer. It's not a opposing viewpoint, it's a different viewpoint.

Your regret comes from an entirely different angle...one I neither suggested nor support. I wanted to make this clear.

That's great, but I really don't care if you suggested it or supported it, because it's comes from my viewpoint. I'm not here to necessarily support you, I just answered your question to provide an instance of regret. It just so happens that my choice of experience to share was brought to mind by what you said. Are we clear on that?

I don't agree. You've warped my message to mean something different.

I didn't do a thing to your viewpoint. I didn't type it out for you, you did. Is there something you left out perhaps?

It offends people of the faith, for no reason other than you don't agree with them. Not everyone will agree with you, and you should accept that. I am not encouraging anyone to confront anything; violence and abrasion are not the points I am making here.

I really don't care if it offends people of faith, they have no choice but to suck it up if it does. I don't care if they agree with me, it doesn't mean my viewpoint isn't any less valid, can you accept that?

You're not making very much sense, how exactly do you think that I think that you are trying to cause people to hurt one another? You're being silly.

Simply remember to be kind to the innocent creatures...they are what we should have been.

I don't think so buddy. I don't good out hurting all the animals I can, and I'm glad I'm what I am, even when I don't have the best days. What animal do you wish you were?

Your tone hints deeply at a certain disrespect for life in general. I am no longer surprised you entirely missed the point of this thread. I hope that, someday, you will learn how beautiful life is, no matter what form it takes.

You kill things everyday and don't even know about it. There's no point at being sad because of it. I could say that you don't have respect for that life you inadvertently kill because you won't even acknowledge it. I haven't missed the point of this thread, you're just hung up on what I said, even though there is nothing wrong with it. I understand that life is beautiful but I also understand that I have one of my own, and I can't let myself be exposed to every trivial thing that happens. Sadness would approach infinity and life would no longer be beautiful, but dark and desolate, full of nothing but suffering. I hope this isn't the road you're going down.

edit on 7-3-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

You were a child and didn't know much about what you did. I was strangled my brother's pet mouse because it wouldn't stop squirming. I was a child and I didn't understand. I cry sometimes now even though I feel forgiven by someone or something. I go to my closest friends when I feel guilt over these things and they all tell me that I was young and didn't understand. And that was true. All children do something similar to this at one point. But at least you understand the wrong.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

You're correct. I did ask, and you did answer. I was simply making it clear that your point was not the same as my point. I was stating that our messages are not the same.

I was talking about regretting killing something, and you are talking about confrontation over religious beliefs. I want to make this thread about peace, not confrontation...if it's all the same to you.

If you find that positive messages are beyond you, the door is over there. Have a good day.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

You're correct. I did ask, and you did answer. I was simply making it clear that your point was not the same as my point. I was stating that our messages are not the same.

You didn't have to say that, I already know.

I was talking about regretting killing something, and you are talking about confrontation over religious beliefs. I want to make this thread about peace, not confrontation...if it's all the same to you.

You didn't make that clear in your OP. The point of your OP was a recollection of a time you regretted something and then you asked other people what they regretted not doing. If you meant it to be something else, then you forgot to emphasize it.

You want to make this thread about peace, but you failed to mention that in your OP. When you simply ask "What regrets have you had in the past?", that doesn't imply "Post some regrets you've had in the past that I agree with" That is basically what you're doing. It's kind of disingenuous to make a thread and say that it meant something else completely later. You hijacked your own thread, basically.

It's all the same to me? How?

If you find that positive messages are beyond you, the door is over there. Have a good day.

OK? And how did you figure this out about me? I never dismiss your experience. I considered it and answered your question. No dismissal.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

OK? And how did you figure this out about me? I never dismiss your experience. I considered it and answered your question. No dismissal.

Your message, due to my indiscretion, is undermining my message.

That's why I'm trying to curb the confrontational responses.

Again, if you don't understand this, there are other threads...

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Your message, due to my indiscretion, is undermining my message.

That's why I'm trying to curb the confrontational responses.

Again, if you don't understand this, there are other threads...

Sounds like you've undermined your own message if your imprudence caused you to state in a way you didn't mean it to be stated.

Anything can be looked at as a confrontation. If I take baby's toy away because it was being bad, I guess that's a confrontation too. But the point is that I never meant it to be confrontational, although you took it that way. I could say you are being confrontational because you are hung up on what I'm saying, even though it satisfies what you asked to state in your OP. Telling me that your OP isn't really want you meant is a lot more confrontational than me merely telling what I regretted not doing.

You can call it confrontational, but I'm calling it a misunderstanding, and I'm trying to point it out to you.
edit on 10-3-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
sounds to me like you did that bird a favor... I have no regets. I believe that regret is a wasted emotion. When I was yound I determined that in my life I was going to regret the things that I did do and that lying on my death bed I won't regret anything that I haven't done. So that what I did... Only... The funny thing is, at some point I just stopped having regrets.
I think this has less to do with the fact that you killed a bird and more to do with how you felt about killing that bird. How you choose to feel about it is your choice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join