It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hackers busted after leader becomes FBI informant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Hackers busted after leader becomes FBI informant

www.smh.com.au

A group of expert hackers who attacked governments and corporations around the globe have been arrested after its ringleader - one of the world's most-wanted computer vandals - turned against his comrades and secretly began working as an informant for the FBI months ago, authorities have announced.

he was an "influential member of three hacking organisations - Anonymous, Internet Feds and Lulz Security

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Well, well, well. This guy was an influential member of Lulzsec, Anonymous and the Internet Feds. If this can happen to the leader of Lulzsec, who's to say it can't happen to influential members of Anonymous? Nice to know that this guy probably scored a deal to work for the FBI.

What does ATS think about this?

www.smh.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Sorry someone beat 'ya to it.

Been posted.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
One I did earlier as well.....

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Damn. Thanks guys. I searched for the name, but nothing came up, so i presumed no one posted it.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
#ing traitors!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

At least you searched it.

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Posted this on another thread in response..

The funny thing about this is that the FBI still likes to link LulzSec to Anonymous as if Anonymous has a membership/leadership structure.. it confounds me how most people don't understand what Anonymous actually is.

The response from "Anonymous" really says it best..

On Twitter, members of Anonymous were quick to react to the news, saying that the movement has no leader and that the hackers’ arrests would not impact the group’s efforts.

The account @YourAnonNews, which has been a reliable source of news about the group in the past, commented on the story, saying, “Never forget: We are Legion. We do not have a leader nor will we ever.”

ANYONE is Anonymous.. there's no weekly meetings, there's no leader... there's only random individual hackers who take up the banner of Anonymous.. or individuals who band together for certain projects.. but that's all it is .. that is what makes Anonymous so powerful ... it's a headless beast.

LulzSec actually did have some organizational structure.. Anonymous does not.. this makes LulzSec vulnerable.

edit on 3/6/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Protect yourself.

TRUST NO ONE

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Arrested for "internet conspiracies" ...

Does anyone know what the actual time sentence these guys face? I cannot imagine that their crimes will warrant very much jailtime..

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
More of the usual comparisons of Anonymous to national governments and other hierarchical organisations.

Anonymous doesn't have "influential members." Anonymous might have, at most, people who are somewhat less lazy than others, who may code web sites, make videos, start LOIC attack runs, etc.

My apologies to the media, but this isn't Al Qaeda, and Anonymous do not have their own equivalents of bin Laden or al Zawahiri; figureheads analogous to conventional royalty, who conventional national governments can congratulate themselves for assassinating. Sorry, guys, but in this case it just doesn't work that way.
edit on 7-3-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
There is an existing thread on this topic:

Please add further comments, queries or concerns to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join