It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianality: no logic #mythoughts no peace in da heavon.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Hey guys. I am afraid that this will not be a quality thread because I am too tired from work to get deep in ze story (have I ever done a quality thread?? no).
yet i am still interested in what your opinions are on the thoughts in the brain of this body.
I am unsure if the things what I say are correct, i just remember the source vaguely because the bible is boring.

Let's pretend that this book the bible was real.
Heaven should be the the most fun, entertaining, favorable,graceful, beautiful, pretty, clean, place to be...then why the heck would one third of the Angels leave that place? shouldn't be angels be wise?. I mean com'on you can't become an angel with only the so called "blind faith" they must know thy self and study/know a lot. So the Angels should at least be wise enough to know what kind of consequences they would get if they would piss off a omnipotent god that the bible claims it to be? In heaven there would still be cool rebels/ wouldn't the new shipment of Christians becoming Angels also become rebellious like the one third of the older angels were?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by diputserauoy

You need to sleep and repost this again...
Not following you and the slang you might be using makes this a thread that's less desirable to read...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I see it as tutorial made by the ruling on how to live in their world. You bad slave go to hell, you obeying slave you go to heaven, how convenient.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco

You need to sleep and repost this again...
Not following you and the slang you might be using makes this a thread that's less desirable to read...

, it almost reads like Bob Marley or someone from Jamaica wrote it. ey mon

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

This is proof that the Bible should never have been taken literally.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
diputserauoy = youarestupid reversed. Well played my friend. Well played.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Heaven should be the the most fun, entertaining, favorable,graceful, beautiful, pretty, clean, place to be...then why the heck would one third of the Angels leave that place?

The 1/3 of angels, their "plan" wasn't to leave heaven,.. that was their punishment. And if they did choose to leave, it wouldn't be any different than Judas deciding to betray Christ after walking with Him for 3 years, seeing all the miracles His hands wrought.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jauk3

yes. thank you. you're the first one to notice

edit on 6-3-2012 by diputserauoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I love hearing people bash the logical inconsistencies of the Bible while simultaneously ignoring the fact that all the prophecies about God's nation, Israel, have and are coming true. The fact that it even exists right now after 2000 years of exile is a miracle. We could argue semantics and metaphysics all day but that doesn't mean anyone, Christians included, are going to fully "get it".

Maybe Christ simply is who He says He is, and does what He says He's going to do.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by diputserauoy

Originally posted by Jauk3

yes. thank you. you're the first one to notice

edit on 6-3-2012 by diputserauoy because: (no reason given)

I noticed. But I know that to pay attention to troll antics is to empower them...

So I politely refused to humor you.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkKnight21
I love hearing people bash the logical inconsistencies of the Bible while simultaneously ignoring the fact that all the prophecies about God's nation, Israel, have and are coming true. The fact that it even exists right now after 2000 years of exile is a miracle. We could argue semantics and metaphysics all day but that doesn't mean anyone, Christians included, are going to fully "get it".

Maybe Christ simply is who He says He is, and does what He says He's going to do.

Oh really? Half the reason no one understands Revelations is because nothing in it is stated outright. Everything is metaphorical and allegorical, and no one knows for SURE what it's talking about...

It's interpreted, and all interpretation is imperfect.

By the way, the fashion in which you managed to capitalize every instance of "he" says you are a Christian, or follow the faith to some extent. Your steadfast faith regarding the Bible is now understandable.
edit on CTuesdaypm383815f15America/Chicago06 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
yes yes yes it isn't smart to make a thread on a topic which you are uneducated about> but i just wannted some mental mastrubation to take place to relieve my voice in someway which makes me ignorant as ze shizzel
com'on let this depressed teenager whoes alone the world some vent some of his emotion
i am going to sleep and tomorrow i will regret that i wrote all this

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

I'm not talking about Revelations, I'm talking about Ezekiel 36-38. It indicates that Jews will be brought together from around the world back to the land of their ancestors, following right up to today with Gog/Magog, in which we are seeing nations like Persia (Iran), Russia (Rosh) and others conspiring against Israel.

Also, although Revelations is vague in some of its interpretations, some of it is very specific (and accurate), such as the One World Government/Religion currently forming as well as the persecution of Christians. Comparing Revelations with other scripture also helps. Read up on Matthew 24 to get a better idea of what I'm talking about. The words of Jesus, describing the future destruction of the temple (which happened in 70 AD) and the end times, are incredibly specific.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by diputserauoy
yes yes yes it isn't smart to make a thread on a topic which you are uneducated about> but i just wannted some mental mastrubation to take place to relieve my voice in someway which makes me ignorant as ze shizzel
com'on let this depressed teenager whoes alone the world some vent some of his emotion
i am going to sleep and tomorrow i will regret that i wrote all this

Actually, I think your english teacher might regret it. There's a difference between accidental misspellings and deliberate slang. Maybe you're drunk? All I know is I'm having difficulty reading you.

Vent emotion? Is this a rant thread? It's in the wrong forum. Also, I no longer have any clue what you're talking about. I'm not sure I want to, either.
edit on CTuesdaypm292939f39America/Chicago06 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I'm not talking about Revelations, I'm talking about Ezekiel 36-38. It indicates that Jews will be brought together from around the world back to the land of their ancestors, following right up to today with Gog/Magog, in which we are seeing nations like Persia (Iran), Russia (Rosh) and others conspiring against Israel.

Also, although Revelations is vague in some of its interpretations, some of it is very specific (and accurate), such as the One World Government/Religion currently forming as well as the persecution of Christians. Comparing Revelations with other scripture also helps. Read up on Matthew 24 to get a better idea of what I'm talking about. The words of Jesus, describing the future destruction of the temple (which happened in 70 AD) and the end times, are incredibly specific.

That's because Christians are arrogant enough to believe they can even begin to understand the concept known as "God"...to this day, no one can agree on a definition as to what exactly "God" is. What makes you guys so special, that you think you know God so well?

Also, the Bible is incredibly incomplete...go figure. (power-grubbing Vaticans)

edit on CTuesdaypm545437f37America/Chicago06 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

That's because Christians are arrogant enough to believe they can even begin to understand the concept known as "God"...to this day, no one can agree on a definition as to what exactly "God" is. What makes you guys so special, that you think you know God so well?

I am not trying to be arrogant my friend. I am only passionately curious about God, so I actively seek Him out. No Vatican, preacher, pride or funny hats required.
edit on 3/6/2012 by DarkKnight21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I am not trying to be arrogant my friend. I am only passionately curious about God, so I actively seek Him out. No Vatican, preacher, pride or funny hats required.

Who says you know how to seek him out? Who says anyone does?

How do you seek out that which is inhuman and supernatural?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Who says you know how to seek him out? Who says anyone does?

How do you seek out that which is inhuman and supernatural?

Because what is inhuman and supernatural became human and natural. It is not so much us seeking Him as it is Him seeking us.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkKnight21

Because what is inhuman and supernatural became human and natural. It is not so much us seeking Him as it is Him seeking us.

There. Right there. You assume to understand the concept known as "God"...how dare you presume to know Him/Her/It?

We don't know anything about "God"! If so many priests and preachers and monks have failed to find "God" (though they think they've succeeded, which I sincerely doubt they have) how can you manage it?

You don't even know the true nature of "God", let alone what "God" is doing, or even wants to do!

Pfft...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

reply to post by DarkKnight21

There. Right there. You assume to understand the concept known as "God"...how dare you presume to know Him/Her/It?

We don't know anything about "God"! If so many priests and preachers and monks have failed to find "God" (though they think they've succeeded, which I sincerely doubt they have) how can you manage it?

You don't even know the true nature of "God", let alone what "God" is doing, or even wants to do!

Pfft...

I am learning just as everyone else is my friend. It is a lifelong process and we are all reflections of the same One. If you do not like my limited understanding of God, why do you bash it? Why not seek out truth for yourself instead of criticizing others?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join