It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top ten reasons NOT to vote for Ron Paul

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Even Jesus is quicker than him when it comes to salvation.

The Church of Ron Paul is more like the Church of Jim and Tammy Faye.
edit on 6-3-2012 by The Sword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Again, another point that falls on deaf ears.

Ah hell, let the shenanigans continue. I'm getting a good chuckle.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Qemyst

As far as I recall, NO ONE has claimed in here that any of these 3 men are better than Paul.

ALL of the choices for this election year STINK.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by leo123

Could I please post this to my facebook? Proper credit of course.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Politics is even harder for me than religion, can we step back for a moment and look at this from a different angle?

What is the goal that the majority of Paul’s supporters are trying to accomplish? Is it to get Paul the nomination? I honestly can’t see that happening. The other candidates have demonstrated more wide spread support in the party. If the nomination went to Paul, I think there would be an outcry which would damage the party for years.

Or perhaps the goal is to eliminate Obama. That is possible, but I’m not sure it will be easy. And if 10% of the Republicans write-in for Paul, Obama will have another four years.

Perhaps the goal is to get the Paul message out. That’s fine, but I keep hearing that his supporters are often used as an argument against Paul. He and Romney attract more support from Liberal and Moderate Republicans than from Conservative ones, and the tactics used by some supporters are not welcoming, witness the OP.

So, Paul supporters, what is your goal? Do you want to keep Obama in office for another four years?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

3) I prefer candidates that sing to me, flatter me and tell me what I want to hear.

Once again, you Ron Paul supporters have bitten the political bait..

Dr. Paul put that bait in the water nearly 40 years ago.
He is the most patient fisherman I've ever seen.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

My goal would be to stop ruining our economy by spending all our money maintaining multiple wars overseas that we don't need to be in at all.

Many people say that ALL the candidates are bad. It's true. Politicians are bad.
If I have to vote for the one who has stated he will stop the needless spending on warmongering, that's who I'll vote for.

Sure, everyone will say politicians lie and never follow through on their promises. Hell, if Ron Paul got elected, there's a chance he'd flop just as hard as Obama. The same goes for Romney. The same goes for Santorum, and Gingrich... Except, only one of them has expressed interest in fixing our economy by cutting our needless war spending. Seems also, that only one predicted everything that is currently happening to us,

Fact still remains. You never know what the outcome will be until that candidate is in office. That holds true for all of em, so why not vote for the one with consistency, and who basically predicted everything that's happening?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Qemyst

Dear Qemyst,

Please allow me to be a little more blunt. Paul will not get the nomination. Paul supporters will be able to write his name in, or vote for either Obama or the Republican candidate.

Which of those choices will most Ron Paul supporters choose?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by Qemyst

Dear Qemyst,

Please allow me to be a little more blunt. Paul will not get the nomination. Paul supporters will be able to write his name in, or vote for either Obama or the Republican candidate.

Which of those choices will most Ron Paul supporters choose?

Dear charles1952,

While I appreciate your presumption that Ron Paul will NOT get the nomination, it is still a possibility, even if it is a long shot. I will indulge you though.

If Ron Paul does not get the nomination, I will write his name in.

I will NOT vote for someone who has not stated they wish to help fix our economy by ending the needless wars we are involved in.

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jassu
reply to post by Starchild23

No need to marginalize all RP supporters because a small percentage are crazy. Crazy people exist in every societal context and always will. Why do you dislike RP? Is it actually his policies or are you just sick of the Rondemonium?

Thank you completly reasonable and sane guy.

OT: What he said, though I should expand that the OP is making us look bad. However I should also point out that people are now looking at RP supports as some kind of weird hive - mind. Whichhh is interesting to say the lest. Though I can't help but think of Obama supports has some gelatinous blob sometimes. To each his own and bless bushs chicken.

edit on 3/7/2012 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Dear Charles1952,

Please video tape yourself telling your grandchildren why they have to work on the chinese farms, or why they have to work long hours making Zeebok shoes in the local sweatshop. I'll wait patiently.

I see more support for Ron Paul every day. If people didn't make crazy posts how would you know the guy exists? If you watch the main stream entertainment channels they won't talk about him.

P.S. This is where we are heading, if you don't see it then you aren't ready to accept the truth of the reality you live in.

P.S.S. Zeebok is a joke, you know how the illigitamate companies use knock off names.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
I still dont understand how the RP cult can think posts like this actually help their point....

Hint: if you are so against the status quo, shouldnt you be against propaganda and fear tactics?

Since when is the truth considered propaganda?... OR fear tactics? And I do not understand why those of you who do not like Ron Paul consider his following a cult. It is the followers of many of the other candidates who should be considered a cult, for they are blindly following based on petty characteristics exhibited by their respective "leaders", such as charisma, and being told what they want to hear despite the fact that the actions of their "leaders" depict otherwise.

The majority of Paul supporters endorse him and will vote for him not because of the reasons listed above, which is indicative of their higher intelligence regarding the true workings of Washington, and their ability to realize that their candidate has one-upped ALL of the opposition WITHOUT the political wheeling-and-dealing that has run rampant throughout the careers of the other candidates.

So instead of your petty one-liners representing your complete lack of understanding of any of the above listed concepts, and then some, why not just come out and say that you don't like Ron Paul, and give us some reasons. I am willing to bet those reasons contain the seeds of deception, which so many are willing to plant in their minds. The truth shall set you free, as they say...And whether you endorse Paul or not, that is the truth.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

3) I prefer candidates that sing to me, flatter me and tell me what I want to hear.

Considering Ron Paul has garnered your support by doing exactly that, I find your blatant taunt highly amusing.

Once again, you Ron Paul supporters have bitten the political bait...even though politics has been proven again and again to be all talk and very little walk.

Have fun with that.

OK so what is your alternative? Do you have any ideas? I think the reason people love RP is because he actually believes and acts on ideas of Freedom whereas ......(input someone who is doing better here)

Please let me know who is doing/showing better actions to protect our freedom and I will happily find out more about that person

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by leo123

Could I please post this to my facebook? Proper credit of course.

Sure. But it's not my stuff.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

Dear litterbaux,

I don't think I need to make a video, I can put it on a postcard.

I believe the economy is crumbling because a long time ago the government decided it was a good idea to take money from person A to give to person B. They found that that made people happy, and the people would vote for the politician who gave to person B. It became a habit, then an addiction, until it has recently become a panicky, mindless craving, even though person A is out of money to give.

With respecct,
Charles1952

edit on 7-3-2012 by charles1952 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux

Dear Charles1952,

Please video tape yourself telling your grandchildren why they have to work on the chinese farms, or why they have to work long hours making Zeebok shoes in the local sweatshop. I'll wait patiently.

I see more support for Ron Paul every day. If people didn't make crazy posts how would you know the guy exists? If you watch the main stream entertainment channels they won't talk about him.

P.S. This is where we are heading, if you don't see it then you aren't ready to accept the truth of the reality you live in.

P.S.S. Zeebok is a joke, you know how the illigitamate companies use knock off names.

And yet another fine example of cultish language and tactics.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
I still dont understand how the RP cult can think posts like this actually help their point....

Hint: if you are so against the status quo, shouldnt you be against propaganda and fear tactics?

Since when is the truth considered propaganda?... OR fear tactics? And I do not understand why those of you who do not like Ron Paul consider his following a cult. It is the followers of many of the other candidates who should be considered a cult, for they are blindly following based on petty characteristics exhibited by their respective "leaders", such as charisma, and being told what they want to hear despite the fact that the actions of their "leaders" depict otherwise.

The majority of Paul supporters endorse him and will vote for him not because of the reasons listed above, which is indicative of their higher intelligence regarding the true workings of Washington, and their ability to realize that their candidate has one-upped ALL of the opposition WITHOUT the political wheeling-and-dealing that has run rampant throughout the careers of the other candidates.

So instead of your petty one-liners representing your complete lack of understanding of any of the above listed concepts, and then some, why not just come out and say that you don't like Ron Paul, and give us some reasons. I am willing to bet those reasons contain the seeds of deception, which so many are willing to plant in their minds. The truth shall set you free, as they say...And whether you endorse Paul or not, that is the truth.

1)It is propaganda because the tactic is to insinuate that if you are not a RP supporter, you are not in touch, support the current establishment, and wish to further the destruction of america. It is the same tactics used by all other candidates, but for some reason, we are supposed to think RP is the one who doesnt fit.

2)Followers of other candidates are bad. I see very few claiming that if you dont support their candidate, you just "dont get it" as the OP blatantly stated.

3)What RP supporters are failing to accept is that a vote for RP IS still a vote for the status quo. You are still voting a man into the same old system, which is broken, and which does not allow that person to accomplish anything. Vote in Jesus Christ. He wont change a thing, until there is change on a SYSTEMIC LEVEL.

4)I like my petty one-liners, especially when they are in response to petty deflections of legitimate questions.

5)Ill give you one main reason I wont vote for RP: His stance on womens rights.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by leo123
One can only hope RP choses to run as an independent.

You do know that means you are supporting Obama, right? Why do you support Obama?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Psst

hey you..

Ya..you..Paul supporter...

Its your own party (the republicans) you need to fight against...
You arguing with dems/obama supporters means nothing if you can't get your own party on board.

win the nomination..or hell, even a state, and you can start going against the O

My neighbor may be a better fit than Obama, but if he isn't on the ballot, guess what his chances are. Your own party is sinking the ron paul ship.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by litterbaux

Dear litterbaux,

I don't think I need to make a video, I can put it on a postcard.

I believe the economy is crumbling because a long time ago the government decided it was a good idea to take money from person A to give to person B. They found that that made people happy, and the people would vote for the politician who gave to person B. It became a habit, then an addiction, until it has recently become a panicky, mindless craving, even though person A is out of money to give.

With respecct,
Charles1952

edit on 7-3-2012 by charles1952 because: (no reason given)

In this senario, person A is the middle class, and person B is corporations, right?
(corporations are people, my friend)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join