It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to know when you are going to die?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Hello, how is everybody doing?

We all know that reading about today’s current events can be very depressing. It seems as though every news article must focus on one or more of the following: death, war, a scandal with some political joker involved, or sex. What else is there, right?

I have something a little different. It’s meant to be simple so please don’t make it overly complicated.

Here it goes…

If you were given the option of knowing the exact time and day of your death would you want to know?

Here are the rules:
1.) you wouldn’t know how you die.
2.) there is nothing you can do to change it! (this isn’t the movies after all!)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Yes im dying to know lol. Setting the joking aside i would love to know the date and time of my demise. Its going to happen at some time, why not know about it.

I dont think its that big of a deal.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Here's the Death Clock.

It will let you know.

I don't put much validity into it. It's for entertainment purposes.

deathclock.com...

" Saturday, November 18, 2051 " Dang, that is just way too long for me. I'm going be old and wrinkly.

edit on 6-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Here's the Death Clock. It will let you know.

So is that a yes?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
What if you found out that you were going to die in a week?

I'd be absolutely freakin'.

Therefore no, I don't want to know when I die

that was a hard question.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by stewiegriffin

Ahhh pretty funny...I'm going to live until 2061..I'm 41 now..not too shabby..however I kept on clicking it after to see how much they change...I'm going to pick a date with a little more time but hey that's me...I'm crazy that way...if anyone had someone pass recently see if you can fill in the blanks on this clock and see what clock may have come up with versus the real date of passing...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
death clock says 2032, thats forever from now. Crap

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Realm52

Yeah I know it's a hard decision.

I don't think I'd want to know either.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Haites

You were planning on an early exit?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Got June 2055 off of it. Bet I could beat that score.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
No, don't want to know. I like surprises.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Id say that if i knew the date and time, my life would be the same upto that day.

Then i would go and do the most bizzare thing i could think of and be famous forever as the guy who died eating a cheese sandwhich riding a motorbike out of a plane wiht a parachute screaming "come get me fate"!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Interesting question.

I, personally, would lie to anyone wanting to know their death date. Why? Because on that day, they won't know how they'd die...so they'd be nice to everyone they met, drive carefully, eat well, make sure their car is working, check the gas levels in their house, lock all of the doors, and generally be the nicest, cleanest person you ever met.

Also, because by the end of that day, they'd be shaking and shivering and terrified to their wits end...and the next day, they'd appreciate life a lot more than usual.

So go ahead...pick a random date. On that day, you'll see someone turn their life around in a matter of hours. Because that's how fear of death works.

Everyone wants a second chance.

edit on CTuesdaypm191952f52America/Chicago06 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

What a deep and fascinating question. Ahh.. No. I would't.

I did think a bit on it...but I absolutely wouldn't want to know. Not if I couldn't change it. Once I knew a date and time for certain, there couldn't be a day start or end without the awareness that I was one day less from that time and one day down from the life I have to live. Of course no one survives this thing we call life...but as long as we don't *KNOW*....we can lie to ourselves and pretend we do. I think the vast majority do that, to some degree, every day.

It's bad enough knowing the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. It would make life hard to enjoy, knowing with certainty, that my place was road kill on the front of the locomotive.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Here's the Death Clock.

It will let you know.

I don't put much validity into it. It's for entertainment purposes.

deathclock.com...

" Saturday, November 18, 2051 " Dang, that is just way too long for me. I'm going be old and wrinkly.

Haha. They all say 2051. Mine was in January...

It's just entertainment. Don't put any stock in that piece of crud program.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by stewiegriffin

Here's the Death Clock. It will let you know.

So is that a yes?

Roger that, foxtrot.

I think it would be easier to know when you're going die. So, this way you can prepare for it.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

reply to post by Starchild23

Mine said Feb. 2nd, 2047.
I smoke though so maybe it's different for smokers because I'm not fat.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by stewiegriffin

reply to post by Starchild23

Mine said Feb. 2nd, 2047.
I smoke though so maybe it's different for smokers because I'm not fat.

Dang, had to change my clock, forgot to add that in there. It wiped some years off me.

Monday, January 30, 2045

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Here's the Death Clock.

deathclock.com...

Im worried if i click it it will say 2012, december 21, 23:59

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
If we all knew the exact time of our death, I think the world would actually be a better place, people would NOT be living like they are guaranteed another day, just ask any terminally Ill person, Most will say they have come to terms with it, a few people might go off the deep end, But I think most would Accept it for what it is, Times Up. So ya I wouldnt mind,

Im an Identical twin, and there have been times where both of us have had the same bad feeling about a situaion, only for one of us to get really hurt or sick just a few hours later, Crazy really, I would want know if my twin could feel half of him leaving this world also, sounds crazy yes, but its a weird connection that not many understand. Not fraternal twins , but Identical
edit on 6-3-2012 by Glassbender777 because: (no reason given)

Saturday, June 22, 2080
Seconds left to live...

2,155,106,700 Holy hell, I hope that is for real LOL
edit on 6-3-2012 by Glassbender777 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join